PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for just DH and I

Wrigley
05-26-2011, 01:08 PM
We are planning on visiting the World next May, and what are your suggestions for a nice meal for my DH and myself? It can be at either the parks or a resort. We want something with great food, and something romantic or fun. Thanks!:mickey:

McLiberal8
05-26-2011, 01:14 PM
It all depends! :mickey:

What kind of price range are you looking for? What kind of experience? Something unique, or classic? What is your favorite type of food?

faline
05-26-2011, 01:32 PM
My most favorite meal from our recent trip was at Jiko. Excellent food and service and a very nice ambiance.

awaggett
05-26-2011, 01:43 PM
I'd recommend California Grill--great food, fun atmosphere, a great view for the fireworks. I also really like bluezoo and The Flying Fish--any of those would make for a great night for y'all!

Tygger7
05-26-2011, 02:55 PM
So much depends on what you guys like to do and your budget. My DH and I LOVED the Yachtsman Steak House...probably one of the best meals I've ever had. We also did the Keys to the Kingdom Tour and had a blast. We stayed at WL and several nights we sat on the beach & watched the Electric Light Parade on the lake. We also did Cirque du Soleil one night, which was also fantastic. But, one of our favorite afternoons was spent walking around World Showcase and talking. We watched several performers, and it just ended up being a really romantic day. :cloud9:

AllDisney
05-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Our top favorites, in order, are Jiko & Artist Point. We've not been to all the restaurants, although we are trying, but so far those are 2 that remain on the top:thumbsup:

Georgesgirl1
05-26-2011, 03:51 PM
DH and I had a date night at California Grill. After a fabulous dinner, we watched Wishes on the balcony and then hit MK for EMH. For us, it was the perfect balance of romance and fun!

DVC2004
05-26-2011, 04:26 PM
I agree with what has been suggested: Jiko, California Grill, Artist Point. I also like Flying Fish at the Boardwalk and Narcoossee's at GF.

Daisy'sMom
05-26-2011, 05:44 PM
DH and I used to dine at Citricos for special celebrations. Whatever you do, remember to act like the young lovers that you are. Have fun planning.:mickey:

paulsheri
05-26-2011, 08:30 PM
DH and I had a date night at California Grill. After a fabulous dinner, we watched Wishes on the balcony and then hit MK for EMH. For us, it was the perfect balance of romance and fun!

We did the same for our 40th Wedding Anniversary. I look at the Picture, that WDW took of us, with our Anniversary cake, Every Day, we have it hanging on the wall for our everyday memory:mickey:

tdk316
05-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Another vote for California Grill! DH and I go a little early, get some seats by the window, order a bottle of wine and an appetizer and just RELAX for an hour or more before dinner. It's great to watch the sun go down and the lights come on at the Magic Kingdom. We normally watch the fireworks while we're eating dessert.

Jiko is great too, as is Artist Point and Victoria & Alberts, but CG holds a special place for us. :mickey:

Fastpasssteve
05-29-2011, 01:17 AM
Like most of the others above, I highly suggest the California Grill located in the Contemporary Resort. Sexy location and food. Great views and you can watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the deck.

I also loved our dinner at Jiko. Delicious food, done well in a romantic setting. I still think about it.

On a separate note: another place you should visit is Boma in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is a great restaurant with great food from Africa. I can't say enough good things about it. They serve dinner and breakfast. This is not the romantic dining place you're trying to plan...but this should also be a priority for some time during your stay.

Cinderelley
05-29-2011, 03:33 AM
When I went with my boyfriend one year, we had his birthday dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse and then hit the Boardwalk. It was a lot of fun.

When I've gone with my female friends, we've enjoyed Flying Fish, and then hit the Boardwalk. It isn't romantic though.

One place that I didn't see mentioned was Rose and Crown. My boyfriend and I had a great meal on the water there. It would probably be a romantic place to have dinner and then watch Illuminations.

Raglan Road was a lot of fun. The food was great and the dancing was fabulous. Although it wasn't romantic, it was a lot of fun.

I've also seen couples wearing bride and groom ears at Crystal Palace. I think it would be fun to do that if I were to ever get married again.

MinnieMommie
05-29-2011, 10:24 AM
I tend to like good food in a more informal setting. Off the top of my head i would recommend Jiko and Narcoosee for diner. Both very relaxed venues to enjoy delicious food. I'd give an edge to Jiko although of the two DH prefers Narcoosee. :mickey:

HackLaSalle
05-29-2011, 11:50 AM
It's a little expensive but I would say try and get reservations for Fulton's right about the time the sun is setting. I thought it was very romantic and I absolutely loved my meal there.

renecat
05-31-2011, 03:26 PM
Kozziuna on the Bordwalk Cat Cora's new place. We ate there for the first time in April and it was great.

SBETigg
05-31-2011, 03:40 PM
My favorite adult meals at WDW:

1. Victoria and Albert's (haven't been, but I know it must be at the top).

2. Bistro de Paris

3. California Grill

4. Citricos

5. Narcoossee's

6. Flying Fish

7. Jiko

Also, for breakfast or lunch:

Grand Floridian Cafe

magicalmom
05-31-2011, 10:35 PM
We had a lovely 30th anniversary dinner last year at Narcoossee's. We made the ADRs to coincide with the MK fireworks, so that was very special. The staff at Narcoosee's were delightful, beginning with drinks at the bar before dinner, right through to the end of dinner -- they know how to make the magic romantic.

buzznwoodysmom
06-01-2011, 09:30 AM
DH and I have done two date nights in WDW. First was Yachtsman Steakhouse, which was excellent. This past March we had date night at Cali Grill which was a very special evening. We absolutely loved it. Those are the only two "romantic" dinners we've had, and of the two I'd recommend California Grill for sure! However, you can't go wrong with either. At Yachtsman you have the boardwalk to stroll around after dinner. At CG there's the fireworks from MK you can view from the observation deck.

JanetMegan
06-01-2011, 10:39 AM
This is going to sound like an odd suggestion but our favorite meal last Dec was actually an oddly romantic meal at Whispering Canyon Cafe. It's a little cheaper than some other choices and I had mentioned to the hostess that we were very tired, just plain worn out and it was the last day of our trip, could we sit somewhere away from the "action". She ended up seating us all by ourselves in front of a fireplace in the middle to back of the restaurant. It was quiet, sort of romantic and just what we needed after a long few days tromping about the world.

LandFan
06-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Jiko and Kouzzina (the traditional whole fish was amazing!!)

darthmacho
06-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Artist Point is our favorite, and most romantic WDW restaurant. If you like Mexican food, San Angel Inn is also romantic if you ask for a seat by the river. Service there is so-so. :mickey:

Not2Loud
06-01-2011, 03:41 PM
My wife and I did breakfast with the princesses at MK. I know it sounds silly, but my wife did it since she thought I would love walking down Main Street early in the morning and being almost empty!

lynnek
06-01-2011, 06:44 PM
We had a Kids Nite Out booked last fall for our first trip to WDW(basically parents nite out) and I had asked something similar. One suggestion I was given was to go on a ride or two--just the two of us. With three kids, I don't think we were able to other than that night. Really appreciated this suggestion, so I'm passing it on:) So maybe try a dinner in Epcot, go on Soarin', do WS at night and Illuminations.