PDA

View Full Version : Planning a trip for May 2012

Wrigley
05-26-2011, 01:04 PM
We have always visited the world in July or the fall. We love the fall, mainly for the low crowds, beautiful weather, and Halloween. However, with our DD being in preschool this next year we really don't want to pull her out. So, we have decided on May 20-28th of next year. How is the weather typically, crowd levels? We are thinking of staying at Pop Century this time, and how would the busses be? We stayed a few years ago in July, and we had to stand every single time we went everywhere. I just don't really want to do that this time since we will have 2 little ones and a double stroller! Thanks so much!:mickey:

faline
05-26-2011, 01:35 PM
At that time of year, you'll be beginning to get into the folks arriving after schools get out as well as a number of school trips so you certainly won't have the parks to yourselves. I'd anticipate at least moderate crowds.

You'll also be feeling the heat and humiditiy which are moving in by late May. By late May, the daily thunderstorms are also a distinct possibility.

iloveokw
05-26-2011, 09:57 PM
Crowds will be increasing....as for the weather just look at what is there now....probably will be the same but you never know. I know I am probably a "bad mom" but I would never hesitate to pull a child out of preschool.

Dewdrop034
05-26-2011, 11:09 PM
My family and I went the 2nd week in May last year and it was great!! No lines, no waiting and only a very sparse rain shower one day out of seven.
A friend of mine just got back yesterday from Disney and she said it was very crowded with a 120 minute wait time on Space Mountain and very humid to boot. I think the big difference in crowding might have been because the kids in Florida get out of school the last week in May. So, you might want to book earlier in the month.
I've also always heard to never go in April because spring break is a nightmare.

SignguyTom
05-28-2011, 07:13 PM
You will be looking at moderate crowds and a bazillion 'love bugs'. IMHO, it would be worth pulling a kiddo out of preschool (not exactly a scholarship riding on the grades ;) ) to avoid the little critters. They are harmless, but quite annoying and previous experience has taught me that they are EVERYWHERE. And, I don't like bugs...:ack:

Tink#64
05-29-2011, 02:44 AM
We have visited WDW 3 times the 3rd week of May, each time pulling kids out of grades anywhere between preschool & to 5th grade! We never had a problem with school that late in the year, testing over & with advance notice to teachers, my kids never even had make up work! That week was fantastic low - moderate crowds, never waited more than 20 mins in a sb line! And every single time the weather was fantastic! Maybe 60's overnight with highs in mid to upper 80's, and maybe one rain event each trip - and usually only a few hours at most! We donned the ponchos & said just keep swimming...One year we visited that 4th week and noticed upon arrival much more crowded! We overheard alot of people saying that they pulled their kids out for the last days of school! The crowd built all week leading up to the MD weekend and that Friday was the first time that we ever saw & felt Pop crowded! Huge difference! We said then that we would try to avoid holidays at WDW after that!

Lo & behold, we're going the last of June this year! ha ha We're arriving the weekend before the July 4th weekend! I'm hoping for the best! :blush: