View Full Version : Han Solo and Liea star wars weeekend may 20th 23 part 1

jimsgal05
05-26-2011, 07:44 AM
Hello
HAN Solo aka JIm
Liea aka Lori
Stationed at Hoth aka Maine
deployed too Endur aka Disney Poly for Honeymoon

well we left very eary in the am friday the 20th the spacecraf was easy to baord and no problems with Stormtroopers AKA TSA agents!
flight time total was 4.5 hrs
we made it to Endur by 11:50am was shuttled to the POly and greeted with flower lei our room wasn't ready. That was okay becuase MArk at the desk took our belongings and gave us our tixs and SPECIAL PINS and we were off.

The grounds were amazing the weather was wonderful 90' so we walked to cooks got our mugs( on qick service plan) and then headed to MK for some fun times by boat.

the boat ride was nice, we could have stayed on that all day. water in HOTH is still to could to do a boat ride.(47').
At Mk we road and had our photos taken with everyone..we were wearing our special ears, wedding hats.
did 2 rides I have never done before...Snowwhite and the Orbitor..ya snowwhite was cute... but the space ship orbitor..YA NO WAY...I have a medical condition and well lets just say this didn't help...It feels like you are pushing G's at a 45' angle... we did this one at night right after the fireworks..that was cool to have that view of tom.land....
we ate food at Cosmic rays ribs and chic...really we should have just had 1 meal not 2...it was tasty.
we road buzz lightyear...to cute...probably my fav in tom. land.

I was shocked on the 45min wait at Peter PAn durring the day and at night...well needless to say I have a GAC card. becuase of medical reasons...we did use that becuase we didn't realize how crownded it was in the parks this weekend..we knew DHS would be but Mk was heavy too me..I am Used to going Sept 1-13 nobody there.

so we left the park..It was a great day Had my DOLEWHIP and fuge. We went back to the room around 4:30pm to come back after we are more refressed, took the boat back. what fun!
We went to our room in TAvula wonderful view and the room clean and Bathroom was updated and nice. But nothing fun..no towle animals no welcome to Disney Photo pass with Mickeys photo..I have stayed at alot of locations and this seemed to be lacking those little extra fun things..okay I am expecting alot I know...

So we took showers and relaxed for a bit and at 7:30ish we went to the boat launch...to Mk

Had more photos done with photopasses! Pluto cam right up to me and huged me as he was walking to the main area...So love that dog!!!
It was amazingly wonderful to be back at MK. did all kinds of rides at night best time in my book! Love the DUMBO ride even better at night...oh wait our elphant couldn't go up!!! lol we still had fun!
The only ride we couldn't do was Alladin..it was closed at 11pm park closes at 12...oh well I love that ride..

We took the monorail home because the boats were backed up for some reason...they were just hanging in the middle of the lake.
we made it home before midnight. and I watching the Castle change colors..so pretty wonderful view!!! best ever.

the next day 6am....NOT BUT MY CHOICE OR JIM'S our nieghbors have a small baby maybe 1yrs old...screemed woke me up and she/he did this for 30 mins straight and it wasn't like a whiny cry( need food or change diaper) this is a screem ya hear at a children's hospital..I know because My oldest from 1st marriage has Kidney Dis. since she was 2..she is fine and almost 16. This scream went right through you I wa on the lani at one point and could still here the baby..poor thing..

So needless to say we wanted to sleep in because went from 3am friday till midnight on fridaynight straight!
So Our new day begins much much earlier than we wanted. day 2 here we come!!! Star Wars SAGA weekend continues!!

faline
05-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Nice start to the trip! Sorry you didn't get as much sleep as you wanted.

KylesMom
05-26-2011, 03:54 PM
I can imagine how exhausted you both were at the end of your first day - to MK, and then back again in the evening. Sounds like you had a good time.

Looking forward to your reports of DHS and Star Wars Weekends! :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
05-26-2011, 07:32 PM
Whew! Thats a whirlwind of a first day! We enjoyed our stay at Tuvalu too, we liked hearing the music from the Luau.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-27-2011, 08:41 AM
thanks for the report

pdrlkr
05-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

darthmacho
06-05-2011, 11:57 AM
You must have been really enjoying your stay to be up so long and still patient with a collicky baby next door.

Enjoyed your report. I had the Cosmic Ray's ribs last summer, and I had a lovely flashback when you mentioned them. :mickey: