PDA

View Full Version : What do you get for being a Castaway Club Silver Member?

DisneyGirl85
05-25-2011, 10:14 AM
I just read that one of the benefits for being a silver member is a "welcome aboard gift" that is in your room when you get there. This is my first time as a return guest on the Disney cruise. Does anyone know what the gift is?

Also, any other worthwhile benefits that silver members get?

SgtTigger
05-25-2011, 02:09 PM
You should have a Castaway Club tote bag 2 water squeeze bottles with the Castaway Club logo on them. You should get 2 rice krispie treats last ones were shaped like sandles, and a key chain that I can remember..... sometimes they have more like a pad and pen

:cop::tigger:

DisneyFr33k
05-31-2011, 06:45 PM
You should have a Castaway Club tote bag 2 water squeeze bottles with the Castaway Club logo on them. You should get 2 rice krispie treats last ones were shaped like sandles, and a key chain that I can remember..... sometimes they have more like a pad and pen

Yep, right one. On the Alaskan cruise, they had these items - the key chain was in the shape of a boat wheel. Seemed odd to have beach sandal treats - being in alaska. But I guess since it was built to sail the Carribean, they can't re-theme for each cruise. And, it is setting sail for Hawaii next summer too!

Interesting what changes they'll make in dry dock. I know the Beach Blanket outside area will be enclosed, but it will be interesting to see what else.....

Ed
06-01-2011, 07:54 AM

I'm not sure if it applies to all the ships, but on Dream last week the bag contained two rigid insulated aluminum bottles, a big improvement over the plastic squeeze bottles.

DisneyFr33k
06-01-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm not sure if it applies to all the ships, but on Dream last week the bag contained two rigid insulated aluminum bottles, a big improvement over the plastic squeeze bottles.

Yes, same on the Wonder in Alaska. Nice, insulated ones!

Donald_Quackers
06-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Ditto on the Magic last year. I really like the bag.

Disdude
06-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Yes, same on the Wonder in Alaska. Nice, insulated ones!

Ours were rigid but not insulated on the Dream in February. Still very nice and we made use of them a lot on board.

waymickey
06-08-2011, 11:20 AM
I also read somewhere that at check in at the terminal that you get a lanyard. Is this still true? and is one with with a plastic sleeve onit for your card?

Thanks for any info. Cruising in less than 90 days started to make my res. I can't wait!!!:D

Ed
06-08-2011, 12:02 PM
I also read somewhere that at check in at the terminal that you get a lanyard. Is this still true? and is one with with a plastic sleeve onit for your card?

Thanks for any info. Cruising in less than 90 days started to make my res. I can't wait!!!:D

Yes, if you are a silver CC member, you get a silver-colored lanyard; gold members get a gold-colored one; platinum members get a platinum-colored one.

First time DCL cruisers don't get a CC lanyard, but a generic lanyard can be purchased aboard, and if you're a DVC member you'll also be getting a lanyard from DVC onboard.

All the lanyard I've seen have a plastic pouch that holds your KTTW.

SgtTigger
06-13-2011, 05:23 PM

Hey Ed I just got back last night from the Dream and we got the plastic water bottles. Could this be that you only get them if you are more than a Silver CC member?? Are you a gold member??

Correction... after going and getting them out the bag they are what Ed said they are..... much better

Ed
06-13-2011, 09:50 PM
"Senior moment", Bret ? :old: :D

I should clarify - - the water bottles are double-walled aluminum with air between the two walls. Not totally "insulated", but a big improvement over the plastic ones.

We're Gold CC members. 97 days 'til our next Dream cruise. :sail:

SgtTigger
06-13-2011, 11:09 PM
"Senior moment", Bret ? :old: :D

I should clarify - - the water bottles are double-walled aluminum with air between the two walls. Not totally "insulated", but a big improvement over the plastic ones.

We're Gold CC members. 97 days 'til our next Dream cruise. :sail:
You see Ed If my wife would have let me see them I would have said you were right from the get go.... but since I had to go sneak and see them.... But now I know where they are.... you are right they are nice....

DisneyFr33k
06-14-2011, 10:02 AM
All the lanyard I've seen have a plastic pouch that holds your KTTW.

Yes, we got our Silver CC lanyards when we checked in at the terminal. All of us used the plastic pouch to hold our cards - especially the kids as they ran from our room to their teen clubs.