PDA

View Full Version : Have You Ever...

DAWS
05-24-2011, 08:53 PM
... tried the Drink Around the World Showcase or Monorail Drink-a-Thon?

You probably know by now that we love to do both, but I just can't get enough of hearing people's experiences. Share a story about your best experience.

We'll start things off - we met another couple in our hotel pool once, and after spending the afternoon together, we suggested an afternoon of drinking around the World Showcase. We enjoyed beverages in several countries, and learned that one of our new friends was quite the belly dancer when we stopped to watch Mo'Rockin! :cheers:

Fastpasssteve
05-25-2011, 03:36 PM
We ususally begin in Mexico and making our way around the 'world.'

Margueritas in Mexico
Beer in Norway
Plum wine in China
Beer or wine in Germany
Wine or Bellini in Italy
Sam Adams in American Adventure
Saki or Plum Wine in Japan
Wine in Morocco
Champagne in France
Beer or Hard Cider in the UK
Beer in Canada
and then a nap back at our resort!

We always have a great time. It is a good start to one's vacation. It helps us 'transition' into a leisure mindset. :crazy:

DisneyaHolic
05-25-2011, 09:55 PM
We have done the drink around the world showcase MANY times - pretty much every trip. As I posted a few minutes ago on another thread, we like having a drink in each country wearing the hat from each country for a photo.

Last time we were there, we met two different groups participating. We ended up hanging out with them for several countries, until we stopped at the UK for an extended stay.

I think this is what makes Epcot our favorite park!

SuzieBell
05-26-2011, 07:08 AM
We are definatly doing the monorail one - going to "try" to finish WS. Might have to do 1/2 one day and the other 1/2 another! Anybody else going to the World in 13 days? Come join us!!:party::marg::beer:

DVC2004
05-26-2011, 02:20 PM
We try, but I can't possibly complete the "full tour". Must dos:

-Margarita in Mexico
-Tequlia Tasting in Mexico/La Cava Del Tequila
-Rosa Regale in Italy
-Champagne or Grand Marnier Slushy in France/not both
-Sake Tasting in Epcot

...and then it's over for me. I know my husband likes some beer he gets in China and of course a Black and Tan in the UK.

SJSJ4
05-26-2011, 06:36 PM
I just wanted to let you know that we had our family gathering at WDW and the cards and lanyards were so much fun. Some of us drank nonalcoholic and others alcoholic, but the best was that we each had someone from that country sign off on our cards (some did it in their language). It was lots of fun, and we all have a great souvenir. Thanks so very much and I look forward to buying another set for our next annual "family gathering

NewDVCowner
05-26-2011, 06:48 PM
I don't think I'd be able to handle drinking around the world - but I've eaten around the world. the trick is to split one plate at each country with a friend. Otherwise you get way too full by the end!

DAWS
05-27-2011, 10:55 PM
I don't think I'd be able to handle drinking around the world - but I've eaten around the world. the trick is to split one plate at each country with a friend. Otherwise you get way too full by the end!

Well, you certainly can't Drink Around the World Showcase without eating around the World Showcase! We've used the passports for eating as well as drinking. :thumbsup:

What are your favorite snacks in each country?