PDA

View Full Version : Parasailing on Castaway Cay

gregf71
05-24-2011, 12:41 PM
I just cannot seem to convince my wife to try parasailing with me on Castaway Cay, so it looks like I get to do it alone. If that is the case, will I be required to ride with someone else or will I actually be able to sail by myself?

DisneyFr33k
05-24-2011, 08:29 PM
I just cannot seem to convince my wife to try parasailing with me on Castaway Cay, so it looks like I get to do it alone. If that is the case, will I be required to ride with someone else or will I actually be able to sail by myself?

I've done this twice. On one of ours two people who didn't know each other were forced to do this together, which they were not happy about. But I was told later that you can request a boat in which you can do this alone (a boat that doesn't hold a lot of people that they must get through in the time allotted).

So I am not 100% sure you can sail alone. I'd call and ask to be sure. Tell your wife it is the most wonderful experience. And I am afraid of heights! The way to do it is so calm and no risk involved. They do offer you a "dip" in the ocean before they reel you in. This is only up to your hips if that much at all. They have total control however and reel you in to the boat with ease. No America's funniest video moments to worry about at all!

PS - bring a camera! some even brought a video camera which stayed dry the whole time, just ask before you bring it aboard.