PDA

View Full Version : Real Corn Dogs in WDW

Fastpasssteve
05-24-2011, 03:15 AM
So, I am jealous of Disneyland in California. They have three (I believe) places to get a freshly dipped and fried corn dog.

And WDW does not. WDW in Florida is huge. How could it NOT have a fresh corn dog stand.

I realize that, as an former Iowa native, I have a deep, abiding love of things fried on a stick alla The Iowa State Fair. Granted.

But, isn't there room for this kind of culinary greatness on both the Pacific AND Atlantic coasts???

Your thoughts?

Spartan_Jeff
05-24-2011, 05:07 AM
I fully support WDW in their decision to not have hand made corn dogs. :sick:

btharvey
05-24-2011, 07:44 AM
I believe in corn dog equity, just as there should be turkey leg equity, mickey bar equity, and Goofy Hat Equity!

More power to the corn dog! Those of epicurious nature who have not had the delicious denizen of state and county fairs everywhere should try them before they knock them. Why not have the bun conform to the hot dog? Why does the bun have to be wheat (gluten)? Why not corn?

Yea, there shouldst be dogs of corn at WDW as exist at California Disneyland. In fact, Paris and Hong Kong deserve it as well!!!

:thumbsup:

mgmnut
05-24-2011, 09:18 AM
I'll sign a corndog petition!!!

I love corndogs. Not the frozen out of a box corndogs :ack: I talking about the fresh dipped and fried corn dogs. :thumbsup:

Yes, they are very bad for you, but it is one of those guilty pleasures you have to enjoy in moderation.

magicofdisney
05-24-2011, 09:29 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I believe in corn dog equity, just as there should be turkey leg equity, mickey bar equity, and Goofy Hat Equity!

More power to the corn dog! Those of epicurious nature who have not had the delicious denizen of state and county fairs everywhere should try them before they knock them. Why not have the bun conform to the hot dog? Why does the bun have to be wheat (gluten)? Why not corn?

Yea, there shouldst be dogs of corn at WDW as exist at California Disneyland. In fact, Paris and Hong Kong deserve it as well!!!

:thumbsup:

Ms. Mode
05-24-2011, 10:03 AM

I love corndogs. Not the frozen out of a box corndogs :ack: I talking about the fresh dipped and fried corn dogs. :thumbsup:

Yes, they are very bad for you, but it is one of those guilty pleasures you have to enjoy in moderation.

:thumbsup: Me too!

disneymom15
05-24-2011, 10:08 AM
I agree. Love the corn dogs from DL. Wish they would offer them at WDW.

joonyer
05-24-2011, 12:52 PM

Bad for you? Well maybe they're aren't exactly healthy, but no one is going to die from eating a corn dog or two (or even three) :) Moderation as you said is the key. I wish they sold them too. They're no worse than eating hot dogs and french fries. There's a reason the CS places aren't selling asparagus and broccoli.:D

Georgesgirl1
05-24-2011, 01:07 PM
DL has real corn dogs?? Yet another reason I have to make it over there!:mickey:

I had my first ever corn dog with my dad at Disney on Ice when I was little, so corn dogs always make me think of Disney!

wdwaggie
05-24-2011, 01:15 PM
Casey's should start serving these in MK, shame on them for not. And not sure which is better, Corn Dog Equity or Corn Dog Equality....;)

DizneyRox
05-24-2011, 02:15 PM
I don't think I've ever been jealous of someone else eating a corn dog. Nauseous, yes, jealous no...

I must be missing something... The typical carnival food never really appealed to me.

Fried dough, that's different, that's a gift from the gods.

squad51
05-24-2011, 02:18 PM
I live 5 min from Wisconsin State Fair Park. We have figured out how to put bacon on a stick deep fry it and dip it in chocolate. We also took a Krispy Kreame doughnut, cut it in half, and turned it into a cheeseburger. WHY wouldn't Disney have corn dogs? We fry cheese curds on a stick. Putting a foot long on a stick, dipping it in batter, and frying it to golden perfection should be in every quick service menu. At least this should be found at the boardwalk as that would fit the theme.

Great now I want one!!!

THANKS ALOT:eat::tasty:

SBETigg
05-24-2011, 02:30 PM
On a blog that specializes in Disney food, I was just reading that Paradiso 37 in Downtown Disney has the supposedly best ever corn dog nuggets. They looked freshly made. You might want to check that out if you're a corn dog aficionado.

garymacd
05-24-2011, 05:06 PM
I've lived such a sheltered life! I thought the only way they came was out of a box, and now you've turned my world upside down and backwards with this bit of news.

Next thing you'll tell me is that, as a Canadian, I can't call them Pogo's anymore!

magicofdisney
05-24-2011, 07:55 PM
Casey's has corn dog nuggets but they're just not the same. :(

Suz36
05-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Casey's has corn dog nuggets but they're just not the same. :(

But they are good!!!

Jeff
05-26-2011, 03:06 PM
The Boardwalk-to-go Kiosk has Corn Dogs!:thumbsup:

RBrooksC
05-26-2011, 03:40 PM
There is also a corn dog stand right outside the exit to It's Tough to be a Bug.

Fastpasssteve
05-27-2011, 01:59 AM
The last two posters have naively mistaken the frozen, rubbery type served from a box via some hot grease as a freshly-dipped corn dog.

Make no mistake...these are not comparable items. Anyone who has had a fresh one knows the difference.

Those that have not...well....

big blue and hairy
05-27-2011, 08:25 AM
I would love to have a fresh delicious hot dog at WDW. The problem being, WDW has downgraded their hot dogs! They're not all beef and the are :ack:. Casey's use to be a must do, now...:bolt:

:sulley:

Jeff
05-27-2011, 08:59 AM
The last two posters have naively mistaken the frozen, rubbery type served from a box via some hot grease as a freshly-dipped corn dog.

Make no mistake...these are not comparable items. Anyone who has had a fresh one knows the difference.

Those that have not...well....

Then the Boardwalk to Go Kiosk has changed. Several years ago I got one there and watched them dip the dog!

2Epcot
05-27-2011, 09:33 AM
I actually just had my first corn dog at Disney California Adventure park earlier this week. Each time I'm in Disneyland I noticed the corn dog line is so long, and could never understand why, especially considering the price of them. Well, after my first taste of one, I have to say they are great. They are also huge, almost twice the size of what you would get say at a hot dog on the stick. I will certainly get another one and would eat one at WDW if they had them.

Fastpasssteve
05-28-2011, 02:04 AM
Then the Boardwalk to Go Kiosk has changed. Several years ago I got one there and watched them dip the dog!

Oh, Jeff, I hope you are right! I am going down in July and will seek this out on the Boardwalk. Do you happen to know if they are open at night. I usually find myself there around 9 pm or later (That's when Jellyrolls gets going!). Thanks for the lead.

Tink#64
05-29-2011, 02:15 AM
I live 5 min from Wisconsin State Fair Park. We have figured out how to put bacon on a stick deep fry it and dip it in chocolate. We also took a Krispy Kreame doughnut, cut it in half, and turned it into a cheeseburger. WHY wouldn't Disney have corn dogs? We fry cheese curds on a stick. Putting a foot long on a stick, dipping it in batter, and frying it to golden perfection should be in every quick service menu. At least this should be found at the boardwalk as that would fit the theme.

Great now I want one!!!

THANKS ALOT:eat::tasty:

squad51 this is great! We live about 5 minutes from the Kentucky State Fairgrounds and have all of those obscure tasty treats too! :D

Funny enough though, I always opt for the warm freshly dipped corndogs - preferably smeared with mustard! :tasty:

And I agree with you that they'd fit in nicely on the Boardwalk! What a great idea for a snack stand! We're planning an evening at The Boardwalk next month & that would've been a fun treat to feast on strolling the boardwalk & taking in the sights! Very carnivalish! :yes: