PDA

View Full Version : Live from Hilton Head Resort!

luvDaMouse
05-23-2011, 11:18 PM
Been here since Friday, we made a stop over in Charleston first. We spent an hour with blu-crabbe and shadow, did Mickey tie-dye. Ate at the Bonefish grill, salty dog, earle of sandwich pub, ( not to be confused with the Dtd one) and smokehouse BBQ. Today we went to Harbor Town and did some shopping and went to the light House. The weather has been beautiful but hot.( glad we left behind the cold and rain) The ocean temps are great, about 78 degrees! We rented bikes and rode today to the Fresh Market to pick up some fruit. it has been wonderful so far, very relaxing. Tomorrow we will be kayaking and we plan on going to Savannah on Wednesday! :) this is a very different vacation for me because I am so used to the Disney World vacation pace, but my Dh is in his glory says this is his type of vacation, so I am quite sure we will be back :D

Any questions while I am here?

mrsgaribaldi
05-24-2011, 01:59 AM
It sounds wonderful. Have a great time!!!:woohoo:

mouseketeer mom
05-24-2011, 07:45 AM
Hey Dana!
Glad to hear you're having a great time!
Interested to see how you liked the kayaking..we didn't enjoy it very much..perhaps an impending storm made the kayaks more difficult to control..
Did you have the hushpuppies at Salty Dog? Our favorites!!!
And Mickey Tie Dye! My DH still wears his shirt like crazy!!!
Wondering if you'll get to Paula Deens place in Savannah. The lunch buffet is incredible!!!
Enjoy!
~Lisa

princessgirls
05-24-2011, 09:10 AM
As a beach lover...it sounds wonderful!!!

Thanks for sharing. Glad you are having a great vacation!

Julie:mickey:

KylesMom
05-24-2011, 09:12 AM
What a great couple of days so far - enjoy your remaining "relaxation" time! :mickey:

faline
05-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Sounds lovely!

Basket Mommy
05-24-2011, 06:19 PM
If you want to have an even better time, book the Gullah Gal for a fishing excursion. We did that last time we were in HHI. It was a 6-hour trip and we caught so many black bass. Mike and his mate fillet the fish for you. They were so patient with my 4 kiddos. Can't wait to go back! Enjoy!!

MinnieMommie
05-29-2011, 07:55 AM
Sounds relaxing. Would like to try HHI someday. Look forward to reading more. :mickey:

pdrlkr
05-29-2011, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: