PDA

View Full Version : Drive from PA to WDW

Jeff T
05-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Has anyone recently made the road trip from Pittsburgh, PA to WDW? Just wondering if there is any major construction along the route. We typically take i-79, 19, i-77, 26, i-95, i-4.

Only 3 more weeks until the adventure begins!:mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
05-23-2011, 04:32 PM
That's the way we go. I always contact AAA and get my Triptik which will have all the construction areas marked down on the maps they give you. Another way to check is to go and check each state's DOT website for construction info.

Also of note is to watch your speed on the US19 in WV. They will nail you going just a few miles over the limit. They are so tough that AAA actually recommends avoiding the area altogether. We always take the US19 but really watch our speed.

Safe Driving!:drive::car:

BraddyB
05-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Havent made that trip since I was young. I can still remember those though !! I would love to do the drive once, but my wife is not a road trip kinda gal. If its over 6 hours, she is all about catching a plane.

Have a safe trip down !!!!!!!

kakn7294
05-24-2011, 02:24 AM
Hi neighbor! We're in Beaver and the hubby works in Cranberry. We often drive but haven't done it for 9 months. Every time we go, there's always construction of some sort. Usually though, we drive in the evenings and at night so it's not generally a major issue. Even during the day on the major highways, it's generally not too bad. Traffic around Charlotte and Jacksonville can get dicey at rush hour but Charlotte has an HOV lane that helps. Accidents seem to be the bigger issue - they can really cause some tie-ups as can bad weather. More than once we've experienced horrific rains that limited visibility so badly that most people ended up pulling off and waiting it out. I wish you smooth travels and a great trip!

steamboat willy
05-30-2011, 08:14 AM
June's almost here......you so lucky!
We still have 117 days and 6 hours.:cool:
We use same route starting on I-85.

That is the most congested area for us at the
I-85 / I-77 intersection, but we start here.
Less than 10 hours away from this point!

I-77, I-26, I-95 (are we there Yet), I-4...WDW

Once on I-4, we've started using the Toll Road 417 in Sanford, Fl. It by-passes the ORLANDO traffic and drops you off right at the EXIT to the Wilderness Lodge and Walt Disney World.
A total of $6.00 in quarters I think.
Just a suggestion if you don't want to see Downtown Orlando, SeaWorld and Universal and 5-6 lanes of folks moving or stopped through Orlando!:thumbsup:

Grandson's FIRST Trip - :secret: