PDA

View Full Version : July 4th - Any new info?

PercyPug
05-23-2011, 02:51 PM
I'm going to be in WDW on July 4th, and I have been looking to see if they will be doing anything special (concerts, fireworks, etc.). I saw that they are doing "special Fourth of July fireworks" at 10pm, but it doesn't tell me which park. Can anyone help? THANKS!

DizneyRox
05-23-2011, 03:46 PM
In the past, they have just beeing doing a 4th of July "add-on" to the normal fireworks at Epcot and MK. MK has the same show on the 3rd. I'm pretty sure MGM does a show on the 4th too, I think that and NYE ar ethe only time they do a fireworks show.

This year is anyone's guess, but I would epxect the same.

I've not seen any special concerts, parades, etc, been going for over 10 years around the 4th.

PercyPug
05-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Thanks! I wasn't sure if they did anything special or not, but I'm looking forward to the add-on!

KylesMom
05-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Last year, they unveiled a press release sometime in Mid-June, announcing the schedule for July 4th including fireworks shows. Stay tuned!

KylesMom
06-23-2011, 03:51 PM
. . . and here it is! The 4th of July fireworks schedule:

Fourth of July to Rock the Skies above Walt Disney World Resort With Special Fireworks Shows at Three Parks

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Walt Disney World Resort will pixie dust the night skies July 4 with special pyrotechnic shows, including a patriotic display at Magic Kingdom, a rock’n’roll spectacular at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and a classic sky show at Epcot infused with an Independence Day finale. Here’s what’s in store:

Magic Kingdom will present “Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky.” This patriotic fireworks spectacular, paying homage to the hopes and dreams of America’s forefathers, will light the skies at 9 p.m. July 4 – and for guests who would like to begin the Independence Day celebration early, the show also will be presented July 3 at 9 p.m.
At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, traditional Fourth of July fireworks take on a different spin when Mulch, Sweat, and Shears perform for the all-new “Rockin’ 4th of July Celebration”! These resident landscapers – with serious rock and roll ambitions – take Disney guests on a musical road trip across America that will highlight each region’s contribution to rock and roll. Fireworks, lighting and special effects – backed by the driving live rock and roll of Mulch, Sweat, and Shears – combine to bring a new twist to celebrating Independence Day. Showtime July 4 is 9:45 p.m. Before or after the show, Disney’s Hollywood Studios guests can thrill to Disney’s Fantasmic!, performing July 4 at 9 and 10:30 p.m.
At Epcot, sky-watchers can check out “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” bursting high above World Showcase Lagoon. IllumiNations is a 14-minute spectacular during which pyrotechnics, lasers, water and music are all used to tell a story about the past, present and future of our planet. On the Fourth of July, the show will be enhanced with "The Heartbeat of Freedom," an overture of traditional Americana themes displayed in a pyrotechnic and laser light event. The show is at 10 p.m.
In addition, Epcot guests may lend their ears to “Voices of Liberty 4th of July Concert” and participate in meet-and-greets with Benjamin Franklin, Betsy Ross and Disney characters adorned in patriotic dress at American Adventure.

Theme park hours on July 4 (subject to change without notice): Magic Kingdom, 9 a.m.-11 p.m.; Epcot, 9 a.m.-10 p.m.; Disney’s Hollywood Studios, 9 a.m.-10 p.m.; and Disney’s Animal Kingdom, 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
I'll be curious if they extend all park hours at a later date!

DizneyRox
06-24-2011, 02:59 AM
Sadly, those hours seem about right...

Man I hate 9am openings. Park hours are the most glaring change in recent years. I miss the 7am openings at AK.

Disney4
06-24-2011, 12:53 PM
I haven't been able to hit a park at 7AM since we were doing Disneyland long ago! My kids are not very good at getting up in the morning!

I suppose there might be a last-minute tweak in the operating times (one can hope!)

DizneyRox
06-24-2011, 01:05 PM
Nothing beat ending an early morning safari ride with a hot cinnamon bun dripping with frosting from the Tusker House ...

Nothing I tell you...

Those were the days...

andmomlau
06-26-2011, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the posts re: July 4th. We, too, will be spending July 4th visiting our favorite vacation spot! We're only visiting WDW for 2 nights, on our way to other destinations in FL, but were looking forward to some special Disney type celebrations. We have res. for dinner in EPCOT on the 4th, so i think we will stay there for their fireworks. We're staying at Pop Century...is the bus the only transportation back from EPCOT....I remember the very long bus lines leaving EPCOT at night....7 days to go!
:mickey:

DizneyRox
06-27-2011, 08:38 AM
Cab will probably be faster. The value resorts hold LOTS of people and tend to have the longest lines at the end of the day.

joonyer
06-27-2011, 03:41 PM
If you plan on seeing the fireworks at MK on the 4th, you should plan to get there early and stay for the duration of the day. There is always a good chance that MK will reach maximum capacity on the 4th and if it does, you will be unable to enter that park.

06-28-2011, 12:59 AM
MK is open until 1am, not 11pm. Holiday fireworks at 9pm and ELP at 10pm & 12pm.

Two day parades, I think at 12:00 & 2:30. Not 100% sure of those times but real close to that.

squijee
06-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Is the show at DHS on on the 4th or will they do it on the 3rd also? Thought I read that somewhere.

WDWfanatic742
06-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Epcot and MGM will only be on the 4th. Magic Kingdom will do the fireworks on the 3rd as well...

KylesMom
06-28-2011, 02:43 PM
MK is open until 1am, not 11pm. Holiday fireworks at 9pm and ELP at 10pm & 12pm.

Two day parades, I think at 12:00 & 2:30. Not 100% sure of those times but real close to that.

So Disney originally botched the information on their press site, huh? I thought those hours were ridiculously short! :D

06-28-2011, 05:23 PM
So Disney originally botched the information on their press site, huh? I thought those hours were ridiculously short! :D

Can't say anything about the press site, just what is on the official park hours calendar and what shows up reference my work schedule for that day.

KylesMom
06-28-2011, 11:36 PM
Can't say anything about the press site, just what is on the official park hours calendar and what shows up reference my work schedule for that day.

. . . AND the press site at this time still list the times I posted as accurate. Thanks for the heads up for all that will be attending for the 4th festivities! It truly is a shame that they can't match up their calendars. :(

06-28-2011, 11:57 PM
MK is open until 1am, not 11pm. Holiday fireworks at 9pm and ELP at 10pm & 12pm (am? - midnight).

Slight change, CADCT will be at 12:00 and 3:00.

TracyL
07-03-2011, 11:07 PM
That's a relief. It's so annoying when the 3:00 parade *isn't* at 3:00!! :silly:

07-04-2011, 12:43 AM
That's a relief. It's so annoying when the 3:00 parade *isn't* at 3:00!! :silly:

July 18 to 31 will also have "double" day parades, in addition to 3 MiSiCi's and 2 night ELP.

Christine
07-04-2011, 01:44 AM
Went to mk tonight for the fireworks. It really wasn't that bad. I mean yes- in front if the castle at fireworks time was pretty thick, but afterwards if you went to a land & NOT to the exit, no biggie. Haunted mansion 20 minutes. Buzz 20. Peter pan 35. Pooh 25. That's all we did ride wise. Then we went to the bakery for a treat, no major line at all- and out we went.
Drive home on World Drive no problem.

Tomorrow we go to epcot. The last two years We've done new years eve & Christmas day, Easter was NOTHING (as it didn't fall on spring break this year) and We're not terribly concerned about tomorrow.
Will we hafta be front row center? No. Will we try to ride much? No. I felt tonight wdw did a good job in crowd control. I think they truly try to make the often overwhelming and sometimes disobedient crowds manageable for the other guests'
comfort.

Oh & I just hafta add- we walked straight up to ohana tonight- no line, no wait! :thumbsup:

I guess my point is- it's not the end of the world or a negative thing to tackle July 4th weekend. Enjoy!!! And God bless America!

Kairi_7378
07-04-2011, 06:36 PM
So glad you had a better time at O'hana! And I am glad to read that the crowds weren't as bad as I thought they'd be. I have friends who are visiting this week for what will probably be their only trip for 5 or 6 years and I was worried that they wouldn't be able to enjoy the park.

Christine
07-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Thanks Laura!
I think your friends should have a really fine time.

**at epcot now. It's very manageable thanks to the entire world showcase lagoon versus the little hub :)

We aren't terribly worried about camping out a spot, but when we came in around 7:45-8:00 there was still a very good deal of railing along the bridge in France. We decided to just walk up and see what we see- the good stuff is high in the sky that we like to see.

Here are pics from mk last night!

http://celebrationlifejw.blogspot.com/2011/07/preview-of-4th-of-july-fireworks-at-mk.html?m=1