PDA

View Full Version : Confused About 2012 Pricing Info

DisneyPrincess21
05-23-2011, 01:55 PM
I have heard that Disney won't be releasing their prices for 2012 until August. My question is, If they release the pricing in August, How can that work if January's guest will miss their 180 day ADR window? :confused: I'm confused. I understand you can still book without pricing and book your ADR at your 180 day window, but why would someone book a trip without any pricing info first.

Am I missing something? :confused:

cuteduck223
05-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Since you can make ADR's without a reservation, this really isn't that big of an issue. The prices have never (at least in my memory) jumped so much that you can afford it by 2011 standards but that you can't afford 2012. I think people start planning, and just count on a slight increase. We always start saving as soon as we get home, and then adjust as we go along.

DisneyPrincess21
05-23-2011, 02:38 PM
Since you can make ADR's without a reservation, this really isn't that big of an issue. The prices have never (at least in my memory) jumped so much that you can afford it by 2011 standards but that you can't afford 2012. I think people start planning, and just count on a slight increase. We always start saving as soon as we get home, and then adjust as we go along.

You can't book your ADR's at the 180 day window, unless you are a resort guest with a reservation.

cuteduck223
05-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Sorry I didn't proof read what I posted. You can book a room (in order to make your ADR's without booking a package--you can make a room only reservation like 400 days in advance. That doesn't mean you've locked in to that price, but that the room is reserved. Thats a room only--no package. Once the prices are released--you can add whatever package or discount you want to your existing reservation.

Maybe I misunderstood--are you concerned that the price would increase so significantly that you wouldn't be able to go?

Strmchsr
05-23-2011, 02:44 PM
You can't book your ADR's at the 180 day window, unless you are a resort guest with a reservation.

Sure you can. Being a resort guest enables you to do the 180+10 thing where you can do all of your ADRs (up to 10 days) at once starting from the 180 day of your arrival. Off-site guests or guests without a reservation can still make ADRs at day 180. They just have to check back on each 180 day.

And, you're right in that the next year's package prices are usually released in early August.

cuteduck223
05-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Another note: you can also cancel your ADR's if you decide you can't afford to go. Only a few of them (CRT, and dinner shows among them) require a deposit for the reservation.