PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Processional Question

Adambomb85
05-23-2011, 01:04 PM
I know this is early, but I am going for my first December trip to WDW and am very excited about the Candlelight Processional. I was hoping take advantage of the ADR package option. From what I read, it sounds like Disney doesn't normally release the dates/packages until sometime in July/August... So my question, if I have an ADR at a restaurant in December are you able to transfer that to a Candlelight Processional package when they are released. I am guessing not, but I figured I would ask the world of Intercot!

Also (while I have you attention), who has gone to the Candlelight Processional? Is it as amazing as I think it is? Is the ADR package really necessary?

Thanks!

Strmchsr
05-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Your ADR for the CP dinner package is totally separate, so you would not keep anything you currently had for that evening. You would need to cancel that. You are correct in that CP packages are usually released end of August.

As for whether you'll enjoy the CP - well, that's depends. I enjoy it a lot and think it's awesome. BUT, it's not your "typical" Disney show. There's no big effects, no big production. It is, in essence, a mass choir singing traditional Christmas music and hymns while someone (a celebrity) reads the Christmas passages from the Bible. There's very little added script beyond the choir singing and the Bible passages. So, some kids, especially, go in expecting a Disney production and it's nothing like the "normal" stuff. I think it's fabulous in its simplicity, but being a pastor I'm kind of partial to the music and the scripture readings. If you enjoy that kind of thing, you'll love the CP as it's done extremely well.

HackLaSalle
05-23-2011, 05:53 PM
You have to cancel the ADR and redo it with the CP package. But usually they can get you to right around the same time you were already at this far out.

It is absolutely worth 2 TS and you would do better with the package than waiting it line to get tickets.

Polynesian Dweller
05-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Agree, it is better to do the package rather than wait for seating which can be over 1 hour.

To reinforce what Stormchaser said, it is one of the least Disneyfied things there. Very traditional and quite appropriately no characters around. For us it was a beautiful and very enjoyable production.

RAIDER
05-24-2011, 03:33 AM
Agree, it is better to do the package rather than wait for seating which can be over 1 hour.

To reinforce what Stormchaser said, it is one of the least Disneyfied things there. Very traditional and quite appropriately no characters around. For us it was a beautiful and very enjoyable production.

I go along with that .It brings the spirit of Christmas right to your heart .We love it

jillluvsdisney
05-24-2011, 06:13 PM
We've done it 4 times. Yes, it's worth it to be able to get guarenteed seating. It's a really great show.

DAWS
05-24-2011, 08:41 PM
We've been several times, and it is a "must-do" experience when we are there during the holidays. I absolutely believe it is worth the dinner package to get guaranteed seating. The show is just magical (in a different kind of magic) for the holidays.

As the previous posters have indicated - you will not be able to transfer a meal reservation to the Candlelight Processional when the package becomes available.

If you have your heart set on a particular dining location, be sure to call the day the package becomes available - I was on-hold for almost an hour last year (seriously!), but I was able to get my first choice.