PDA

View Full Version : Loudest WDW Resort?

DisneyDINK
05-23-2011, 11:22 AM
I just read a post that got me 'a thinkin'...

To your knowlege, what is the loudest resort on property?

BTW - please don't list what resort you think is the quietest; I'm starting another thread for that.

disneymom15
05-23-2011, 12:22 PM
The loudest would have to be one the the values. It's a toss up between Sports and Music. Stayed at both of these resorts when the Brazilian tour groups were there and also Pop Warner and cheerleaders.

buzznwoodysmom
05-23-2011, 01:16 PM
The value resorts for sure. This is one of the reasons we choose to only stay at the moderates or deluxe resorts.

I absolutely love the Poly, but I have to say that after the values this can be the loudest resort out of the mod. and deluxe resorts. I think this has a lot to do with the popularity of the resort, the fact that its an easy trip to get to it from MK, a fun stop if your riding the monorail, and the fact that Ohana's is such a popular restaurant. The last few times we were in the main buliding it was pure chaos every where we looked! Now the rest of the resort is much quieter, except maybe for the volcano pool.

brownie
05-23-2011, 01:42 PM
The loudest one we've stayed at is All-Star Movies.

ChewyStriker
05-23-2011, 01:44 PM
My loudest was POP. Even the soundproofing at AS Music seemed better than POP.

teamblackwell
05-23-2011, 01:47 PM
Pop! was pretty loud, we were on the thrid floor, and the hallways are balcony type, not indoor type. kids constantly running up and down the hallway sounds like thunder in your room with balcony type hallways.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-23-2011, 07:40 PM
Pop

Mousemates
05-23-2011, 10:40 PM
All Star Sports was our loudest stay.

darthmacho
05-24-2011, 07:47 AM
All Star Music was LOUD when we stayed there. I imagine Sports is loud when teams and cheerleaders are there...ugh! :ill:

c&d
05-24-2011, 09:58 AM
All Star Sports was the loudest. Kids running up and down knocking on doors and tipsy adults singing at the top of their lungs "who let the dog out." It was a different Disney experience, thank goodness we transferred after 1 night to VWL if we had stayed longer I might have gotten cranky.

DisneyDINK
05-24-2011, 10:13 AM
I really appreciate all of the responses. I'm a bit surprised no one mentioned the CR. I’ve never stayed there, but with the monorail coming through and Chef Mickey’s being a popular breakfast spot… Many posters have mentioned this at one time or another.

I absolutely love the Poly, but I have to say that after the values this can be the loudest resort out of the mod. and deluxe resorts. I think this has a lot to do with the popularity of the resort, the fact that its an easy trip to get to it from MK, a fun stop if your riding the monorail, and the fact that Ohana's is such a popular restaurant. The last few times we were in the main buliding it was pure chaos every where we looked! Now the rest of the resort is much quieter, except maybe for the volcano pool.

I agree, that main building can be chaotic at peak dining hours, but the nice thing about the Poly is some of the buildings are totally removed from that.

DisneyMom12
05-24-2011, 12:14 PM
Pop

antnyh
05-25-2011, 07:15 AM
I really appreciate all of the responses. I'm a bit surprised no one mentioned the CR. I’ve never stayed there, but with the monorail coming through and Chef Mickey’s being a popular breakfast spot… Many posters have mentioned this at one time or another.

I love CR and have stayed there many times. It is not loud at all IMHO. The monorail is basically just a whisper as it glides through. You feel more of a vibration from it than actually hear it. The noise from chef Mickey's is great. The cling clang of forks and plates! The singing! I guess if you go to Disney to rest then it would be annoying, but if you go to have fun and get up at least by 8:00, I feel it is a very welcoming sound. We are also DVC owners at BLT....I know you have a separate for quiet resorts, but BLT is sooooooo nice and quiet. :thumbsup:

kathiep
05-25-2011, 09:05 AM
Another vote for Pop! My ears were ringing.

catkrazy
05-25-2011, 10:23 AM
I actually think the Contemporary is very quiet, inside the rooms in the Tower anyways. We were even on the side near Chef Mickey's and never heard a sound inside the room.