PDA

View Full Version : Early February?

sommer
05-23-2011, 09:18 AM
I'm so anxious to start planning our next trip! I've been thinking about dates, and am trying to find the best time to go. I think I've decided to take the kids out of school for a week again. Anyway, I was wondering about the first week of February, specifically the 5-11, and comparing that with the last week, Feb. 26 - March 3. Will there be a big difference in crowds between those 2? What about discounts? Have they previously been offered for one of those times, but not the other?
TIA for any input! :mickey:

faline
05-23-2011, 10:46 AM
Generally low crowds in early February but the weather may be cool to downright chilly. Late February is part of the busy spring break season so you'll see increased crowds though the actual level of business varies from week to week.

Specials have been offered in the past during this time frame. You can check out historical discounts under the Info Central tab.

Goofeygal
05-23-2011, 10:55 AM
There is a week in Feb. that is very very busy and a more expensive time to go and that is the week that alot of schools are down for mid winter break. We went in Feb. this year and planned on camping at Fort WIlderness and the week I believe it was the 12- 19 and we would up staying off property because of cost. So check when schools are down for that and at all cost avoid that week. I hope this helps.

Strmchsr
05-23-2011, 10:57 AM
The only issue with crowds in early Feb is cheerleader competitions. Those and dance team competitions are held the first couple of weeks of Feb. It's not a big issue, but they do travel in packs and can be (not always) annoying if you are around one of those. We met some that were very nice, and then we saw some where one girl would be in line for a line and then the whole pack would try to run in when she was near the front. Saw that at a couple of meet n greets, too, but the CMs usually put a stop to that. Again, they weren't a huge problem, but a minor annoyance.

sommer
05-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the responses. It looks like the first week is less expensive, so that will probably be the week we go. Hopefully the cheerleaders won't be too bothersome. What resort(s) do they normally stay at? I have to wait until August before I can book anything, right?

AgentC
05-24-2011, 05:00 PM
We went Feb 4-6th this year. We used to go in January, but Jan seems to be busier now with the MLK holiday and all the events, so we tried Feb.

The crowds were very low. Weather was cool and rainy.

We did see the dance teams at DHS. I think that is where they compete. It slowed down the bag check line a little as they all had large back packs. Other than that we didn't see an impact.

I would go in earlier February again.

Strmchsr
05-24-2011, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the responses. It looks like the first week is less expensive, so that will probably be the week we go. Hopefully the cheerleaders won't be too bothersome. What resort(s) do they normally stay at? I have to wait until August before I can book anything, right?

Generally they stay at the values, especially the All-Stars, but some stay at the two Port Orleans resorts. But, again, they are not a HUGE impact and really not a big deal unless you happen to get caught in one of their packs. As for waiting until August - you could book at the rack-rate room only right now, but in terms of booking a package, yes, it's usually early August when they release those dates.