PDA

View Full Version : Hotwire and WDW Hotels

WDW1985
05-23-2011, 08:37 AM
Has anyone ever purchased a Disney Hotel through Hotwire? I use their site for great deals in other areas, but wasn't sure if Disney hotels participated.

Thanks!

wdw1985 :mickey:

crltkcagle
05-23-2011, 10:35 AM
No sorry I haven't. I always use Magical Journeys because Debbie always knows how to save me the most money. Maybe some one else has?

Strmchsr
05-23-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm not sure if the Disney hotels are on Hotwire. I know they are on Priceline (though not with the name-your-own-price option). However, when I looked into that it was barely below rack-rate. I agree with the previous post -I've always had the best luck with Magical Journeys.

AllDisney
05-23-2011, 08:30 PM
Stick with Magical Journeys. If there is a deal to be found they will find it:thumbsup:

ValenciaCalling
05-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Honestly, Hotwire sketches me out. I was looking at hotel rooms on it, and I don't like that you don't know the name of your hotel until after you book it. I understand why they do this, but it's seems very risky. If someone who wants to book a trip to Disney, but mistakenly books a room in the Downtown Orlando area, that could be really dangerous. I hope people research before they do this, because Downtown Orlando is NOT Disney World, folks.

BowTie7
05-27-2011, 05:31 PM
I have never heard of any Disney Resorts showing up as as winners for Hotwire. I have read on an other site that the Universal Resort hotels may show up once in a while (though this may have been before before Harry Potter) and the list of icons to check for and make sure weren't in the listing was very complicated. I have used priceline for Orlando area the day before or after Disney check-in/out (as well on the drive to/from Florida), but would recommend the blind bid sites only if you are very familiar with how they work (and your group is only one or two people).