PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about an adults only designates building in one of the resorts?

hauntedmansiongirl
05-23-2011, 05:51 AM
I'm just wondering about everyone's thoughts on an adults-only designated building in one of the resorts.

When we were there in February (POR) we were awakened every morning at 6am by screaming, running, ball bouncing kids. My Father-in-law just about had a coronary every day freaking out about the noise and the "terribly behaved children with no adult supervision." We've only encountered this on rare occasions before, but on this trip it was every single day (and was different families as well). We were all adults with no kids in 2 separate rooms and thought that it would be a good idea to have an adults only or "quiet" building designated in one of the resorts. POR or CS would be good for this purpose as the buildings are smaller and more self contained. They could even use one of the far away buildings that nobody ever wants to stay in. We mentioned this to about 10 couples when we were down there and everyone loved the idea. Maybe they were just humouring us though!! What do you guys think?

I wrote to Disney when we got home but never heard back from them. I didn't really expect to though.

Have a great day and thanks for your input!! :mickey:

btharvey
05-23-2011, 07:29 AM
Sometimes it's the luck of the draw, sad to say.

Did you address this with Disney Management on site? If you were to mention it every day, it might get you at least moved to a different location, one perhaps with fewer children that age (since they're supposed to know the age of the children anyway).

My opinion is that Disney would not create an Adults-only section of a family resort ... goes against the family nature of the place.

However, it might be something for them to allocate space based on age -- younglings together, tweens, teens ... with solo adults on the teen arena. Perhaps that would work.

Keep writing them until you get a response, or call them likewise. Someone will value the business. Go up the 'chain' if they don't respond. Someone will.

kakn7294
05-23-2011, 08:52 AM
I don't see that working well. How would you accomplish it in the resorts that are all one building - Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and The Contemporary (especially Contemp where people pay vastly different rates for certain views and locations)? Do you "punish" those who have children or those who don't by allotting them the "worse" locations? You also can't segregate based on the ages of the children. I know plenty of families who have children in their late teens / early 20's and young children / toddlers / infants. And parties who are traveling together aren't going to like being separated because family A has teens, family B has pre-teens, and family C has infants and toddlers. Plus, it's not only children who are noisy and messy. My kids have been schooled to know that they have to be quiet in the resort between 10p and 8a and that we are neat and clean and respectful of the property while we are there. We have come across some highly obnoxious "adult-only" parties in our time at WDW, especially those who have done the Drink Around The World at Epcot thing.

WDW1985
05-23-2011, 08:59 AM
I don't know... it sounds too exclusive. I mean it's Disney World and kids are probably going to be running around crazy whether or not you have an exclusive area. Its hard to control that in a place designed primarily for kids.

wdw1985 :mickey:

SBETigg
05-23-2011, 09:22 AM
I always expect kids at Disney World, and though there are some noisy ones, they usually enhance my Disney experience, even when I'm not traveling with my own. I can't imagine Disney World, of all places, making adult only areas in resorts. There are some experiences that cater to adults, true, but to make a resort area an adult-only space seems extreme and counter to the whole idea of Disney. Actually, in resorts, I've had more bad experiences with noise and disruption from other adults. And there's nothing to be done about that until it happens, and sometimes even then. I just try to relax and not let things get to me when I'm at WDW.

vicster
05-23-2011, 09:36 AM
When you go to Disney you have to expect kids! My kids are now grown so we no longer go there with young kids, however, the young kids do not bother me at all. I love seeing them have a good time. Sometimes people seem to forget that their kids were young once also.

When I'm at WDW nothing bothers me!!!

Scar
05-23-2011, 09:36 AM
Although personally I would love it and book there, Disney would never do it. Not because they want to be "family freindly," but because of money. Let's say a resort has 1000 rooms, 900 family and 100 adult. If 950 families want to book, and only 50 adults want to book, Disney would not want those last 50 rooms to be empty.

disney obsessed
05-23-2011, 09:57 AM
From a marketing point of view it is a great idea. Specialization and targeting create interest and increase demand.

Tygger7
05-23-2011, 10:22 AM
I totally get what you're saying...not that EVERY resort has to offer "adult only" buildings/areas, just have the option available SOMEWHERE. I mean, they offer that on Disney Cruises...why not offer it at WDW. I see a lot of marketing from Disney stating how it's "not just for kids" to entice couples to vacation there. I'm not saying I'd choose that option ALL the time, but I would definitely consider it for a romantic getaway.

beksy
05-23-2011, 10:26 AM
I don't have kids yet and have not traveled with any since I was one but for me it enhances my Disney experience to see the little ones enjoying themselves. Everywhere you go there are going to be some that the parents have not taught to behave properly in public areas, but I find this bothers me more in other places than at Disney. There I expect the noise as the kids are excited and ready to go before the parents and it makes me look forward to the time when I will have my own to bring.

crltkcagle
05-23-2011, 10:33 AM
I think it would be a good idea and I have three loud boys! LOL I am always telling them when we are in the room that others are sleeping and to be quiet. I don't allow them to run around the resort or scream because I want them to be respectful of others. With that being said I have encountered really loud kids playing ball outside of our door when we were trying to sleep and it bothered us. I can only imagine how people who don't travel with kids must feel.
Maybe instead of a designated area Disney could build a resort exclusive to adults. It would be a good place for the honeymooners to go as well. I know it would never happen because of costs but its not a bad idea.

lynnek
05-23-2011, 10:41 AM
Reading your post, this seems to be the issue--
the "terribly behaved children with no adult supervision." As a parent of three young ones, I do have an issue with that kind of thing to, but then it happens everywhere, where to draw the line of annoying or just excited? Loud for you may be reasonable to me.
Just some random thoughts:
quiet pools--quiet buildings? And how did that work for Amtrak--the quiet car--no cell phones? (A woman was recently removed for talking 16 hours straight on a cell phone in a quiet car)

Groupings of guests--rooms seem to be randomly assigned, could groupings be done--mainly adults in a bldg etc. Personally hate that idea as I don't abdicate my responsibility of my children to others and don't want to be grouped with others that do. But then, adult groupings would handle those adults that spill their beverages on my kids because they can't see straight:)

There is never one particular group that is a problem; where has consideration of others gone to? Talk about a rock and a hard place.

DisneyDINK
05-23-2011, 11:15 AM
I think I get the spirit of the original post. Under the right (or, rather, WRONG) set of circumstances, your WDW vacation experience could be severely negatively affected by consistent excessive noise. You might infer from my screen name I could go for an idea like this, but practically speaking it doesn't appeal to me.

First of all we're just talking about accommodations here. The parks, water parks and (non-quiet) pools are great places for kids to cut loose.

The real issue, for me, is the noise in the hotel rooms, hallways and other nearby areas in the late evening and early morning and not the age of the source of the racket. Some people might appreciate a quiet building just as some might prefer to swim and sun bathe at the quiet pool.

As for me, I specifically go to WDW when I know most kids will be in school, not to avoid kids so much as to avoid crowds in general. I try to request buildings and rooms far away from the registration and are not on the way to anywhere to reduce foot traffic in front of my door.

Also, I'll bet some resorts are louder than others. My last stay at the WL was a bit louder than my last one at the Poly, probably due to configuration of the hotel and the WL having all of those bunk bed rooms which are ideal for families.

If you have a problem with noise try the CMs at registration; they might be able to help before your vacation takes a turn.

Ms. Mode
05-23-2011, 11:49 AM
I always expect kids at Disney World, and though there are some noisy ones, they usually enhance my Disney experience, even when I'm not traveling with my own. I can't imagine Disney World, of all places, making adult only areas in resorts. There are some experiences that cater to adults, true, but to make a resort area an adult-only space seems extreme and counter to the whole idea of Disney. Actually, in resorts, I've had more bad experiences with noise and disruption from other adults. And there's nothing to be done about that until it happens, and sometimes even then. I just try to relax and not let things get to me when I'm at WDW.

My thoughts exactly :mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
05-23-2011, 12:01 PM
I understand the intent of the original post. But as others have said, many times it's not the children who cause the most headaches at the resorts. Quite often, it's rude adults, as well. So even at an adults-only area of a resort (if they were to create one), you might not get the results you're hoping for.

Someone mentioned it's really a luck of the draw, and I agree with that. You hope you're staying in a room near families who are respectful of others.

gerald72
05-23-2011, 01:08 PM
If they made one entire resort adults-only, I bet the nightlife there would be the loudest of any of them.

Tygger7
05-23-2011, 02:42 PM
So I'm curious....doesn't Disney go to a lot of effort marketing "adult only" features for Disney cruises? How would offering something similar at the resort be so different? I get that WDW is about kids, and I enjoy that, don't get me wrong. It seems to work well with the cruises & Castaway Key, so why not incorporate something along those lines at WDW?

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Not a bad idea, but I don't see it happening...Disney makes most of their money from people with kids, it is a theme park

Crow
05-23-2011, 10:48 PM
maybe possibly. i know its for families but i did use to like Pleasure Island being for adults. it would b a good option

Mousemates
05-23-2011, 10:51 PM
I'm not for it...most of the noise problems we have had at WDW (with the exception of some cheerleaders at all star sports) have come from adults (or at least people who were legally considered to be adults).

Mickey91
05-24-2011, 12:36 AM
Most complaints I have had from noise has been primarily caused by adults. So I would have to say I would disagree with this idea.

teamblackwell
05-24-2011, 01:14 PM
My memory may be off on this, but in the 80's, for some reason I remember a small, adults only resort that was near River Country. Possibly on an island, but its abandoned now. I may be confusing it with a resort in North Carolina. Does this ring a bell with anyone else?

faline
05-24-2011, 03:26 PM
Seems to me that sometimes the noisemakers are the adults. On one trip, we needed to call the front desk after our "adult" neighbors came home very late at night and proceeded to enter into a screaming match with another.

On another occasion, we had a family next door who thought it would be fun to continue opening and slamming the connecting door on their side of the wall. Yes, the kids were doing this but it was the adults who seemed to think it was as amusing the kids did!

2Epcot
05-24-2011, 03:26 PM
I think if it were done, it would have to be in resorts, as was previously mentioned, where the rooms are grouped into smaller buildings. Also, the number would have to be very limited to avoid the problem of them being left empty. It would be one of those things that people would have to book way in advance to get one.

faline
05-24-2011, 03:27 PM
My memory may be off on this, but in the 80's, for some reason I remember a small, adults only resort that was near River Country. Possibly on an island, but its abandoned now. I may be confusing it with a resort in North Carolina. Does this ring a bell with anyone else?

Not at Disney World. There is an abandoned island in Bay Lake but the only thing it ever housed was birds and animals.

KylesMom
05-24-2011, 04:15 PM
While Disney is converting rooms to "Royal Rooms" at POR, and "Health Suites" at CR to target specific demographics, it would surprise me if they singled out moderately priced resorts for adult-only buildings. CSR is already tagged as a convention resort, and I would guess that oftentimes it's very close to adult-only anyway. My boss was there recently for a 4-day event Friday-Monday, & said he didn't see families at the resort - just business types. I have a feeling that if they were to push onward with something like this, it would be in line with the recently announced Health Suites - higher priced accommodations, perhaps targeted towards newlyweds and the like who are willing to pay more per night. Devil's Advocate: Would you pay $30-$50 more per night for the same accommodations as the next building over to have it adult-only?

Borrowed from the recent write-up:

Rucker said Disney is also developing new plans for the suites in its deluxe hotels — beginning with 23 in Disney's Contemporary Resort that will be refurbished to attract health-conscious travelers. Disney says it will convert the entire 14th floor of that hotel to a health-and-wellness theme, complete with a private yoga studio, custom-designed menus, and concierge services." That speaks volumes as to the adult demographic they're trying to attract.

Honestly, I've seen what many others have mentioned - adults can be just as obnoxious/loud as the kids, especially at 2 am after evening EMH!

I should add, too, that Pleasure Island - an adult-only venue - has been erased . . .

To answer your question: No, wouldn't want/wouldn't stay at an adult-only designated building, even if the trip was just DH and I. Part of the joy we get at Disney is to see the excitement on kids' faces, like we've seen on our DS's. I wouldn't want to be segregated from that.

SBETigg
05-24-2011, 05:24 PM
Borrowed from the recent write-up:
That speaks volumes as to the adult demographic they're trying to attract.

Honestly, I've seen what many others have mentioned - adults can be just as obnoxious/loud as the kids, especially at 2 am after evening EMH!

I should add, too, that Pleasure Island - an adult-only venue - has been erased . . .

Carol, very interesting. I imagine that type of health-wellness floor to be more attractive to adult travelers vs families-- and also, being done in a way that would probably draw quieter adults, not the kind who are going to be late-night partying on the balcony.

Didn't Disney experiment with more adult accommodations when they had the old Disney Institute section (or whatever they called it, I could be misremembering) near Downtown DIsney? It featured condos for people to stay in and take classes, and I think kids had to be over 11. That whole thing didn't really take off for them, so I think they would proceed with caution on future adult-catered ventures.

mouseketeer mom
05-24-2011, 05:26 PM
I wouldn't be interested in the least. I love to see/experience children at WDW. I would feel like something was missing!!!
Also, its the grownups that have been the rudest, loudest, and most obnoxious during any negative encounters of ours at WDW. Not the children, in our experience.

AllDisney
05-24-2011, 06:10 PM
I love seeing children experience the magic:thumbsup:

Daisy'sMom
05-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Not at Disney World. There is an abandoned island in Bay Lake but the only thing it ever housed was birds and animals.

Wasn't that called Discovery Island? I loved that place.:mickey:

lindique
05-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Instead of an adults only section - how about a designated quiet section? With rules about making noise that could disturb others after 10 PM or so?

I remember they did that in my college and it worked great.

faline
05-24-2011, 07:00 PM
Wasn't that called Discovery Island? I loved that place.:mickey:

Yes and, once upon a time, I believe it was called Treasure Island.

Bellerella
05-24-2011, 11:28 PM
I'm just wondering about everyone's thoughts on an adults-only designated building in one of the resorts.

I think that is a fantastic idea actually. I feel that Disney World is not only for kids- us adults like to go too! It would be nice to have a break from all the children. No one in my group is a kid either- just my mom, myself (23) and my sister (20). Perhaps they could even build a new, adult-only resort... :mickey:

darthmacho
05-25-2011, 07:37 AM
Adults Only sounds kind of...naughty. :blush:

Seriously though, could my wife and I book a room in this resort, and then I could install my kids at another? :thedolls:

Dsnygirl
05-25-2011, 08:31 AM
I understand the intent of the OP -- when you are on vacation, esp. as an "adult only" group, you really don't want to be awakened at 6am by noisy youngsters, no matter the age or the supervision level. And you shouldn't have to be -- it certainly is your right to some peace & quiet. :thumbsup:

I haven't been awakened in the morning by children, but I have been kept up at night by noisy groups going by our room... whether just noisy b/c they're having a good time, or noisy b/c they've had a few too many... the result is the same, and it's annoying to say the least.

The hardest part about dealing with it at most Disney resorts is that you can't really pinpoint who it is... especially at the Values or Moderates, anyone from any section of the resort could be walking by your door.

The best answer when it's going on is to call the Front Desk and get yourself moved -- certainly not on day 1, but if it's happening repeatedly, certainly by day 2 or 3 I'd be on the phone, requesting a change of location, if one is available.

I can't imagine Disney ever doing an "adult only" building or section of a building... but I do think the idea of a "quiet section" at each resort would be a good idea... no guarantees of peace, but at least you'd stand a better chance if all the patrons in that area had requested a "quiet area" and were thus of like mind to keep it peaceful.

Again, I'm not sure how that would work overall, it just sounds good in theory... but I think it would give less of a feeling of being "discriminated against" if you are travelling with children.

(and I agree with all the posters who say they love seeing children enjoy the magic, and wouldn't want to miss that... but I also don't want to "enjoy" it at 6am, when it's nothing more than noise, and I can tell you, if I had been up and walking the resort with my children at 6am, they would have been under tight rein and told to use their quiet voices, in consideration of those around us. ;))

For what it's worth, it's an interesting idea to toss around -- and next trip, be sure to move your room so you get some rest! ;)

MarkC
05-25-2011, 09:50 AM
If kids are being loud its because an adult is letting them be loud. So no, I don't think it would help. As our kids are about out of the house, I like to see other young ones and the joy the see in being at Disney. Sometimes they are tired and upset, but aren't we all at some point.

lylone
05-25-2011, 11:41 AM
At our last visit, the room next to us seemed to wake us up every morning and night. You could hear the scream of the child being woken up at 6am to go to the parks and then the TV would be loud enough for us to hear it every night.
I had a "white noise" sound machine cranked up all the way and I still woke up every day and night at the same time.
So, even if there was an adult section...sometimes the adults are just as rude and inconsiderate as the children.

DVC2004
05-25-2011, 11:49 AM
Yeah I was just going to add that last trip our neighbors in the next room were super loud- they had kids but I didn't hear them too much. The dad talked really, really loud all the time and it always sounded like people were moving furniture around or banging their luggage around late at night and early morning. Not sure if an adults- only section would be any better. Sometimes loud adults come back late at night and are just as disruptive. I think it's just one of those things about hotel stays, if it's really bad you can always ask to move if they have anything else open.

Fastpasssteve
05-25-2011, 03:15 PM
While this is, initially, a post about loud, unsupervised children in hotels, I think it is a cautionary tale about not informing management of a situation immediately.

A good manager would always want to make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. If the manager had but known, they probably would have done something to remedy the situation.

Sending a letter after the fact leaves the manager with no way to remedy the situation. You've already left the property and there's no way to investigate any claim or check the validity of your complaint. Thousands of complaints are registered each year at WDW...some real...some false. It is to their credit that WDW takes quick action when there is a legitimate complaint.

DisneyaHolic
05-25-2011, 09:39 PM
While I absolutely love children (I am a teacher), and do love seeing them experience the magic, I would be interested in an adult-only section of the resort - not because of the noise, but just because it would feel like I could be just a little less worried about my behavior. As a teacher, I often feel badly drinking around my pool, and it would be nice just to experience some adult interaction...

I have always wanted to go on a Disney cruise for just this reason - most other cruises don't have adult-only sections like Disney!

Patricia
05-26-2011, 09:09 AM
Like Disneyaholic.. I too work with kids and enjoy adult only pools. I do find at the moderates, the quiet pools are great for this. Even at WL, the villas pool never had any kids in it and we used it quit a bit.

I find the resorts with the outside entrances to usually have some noise from kids and adults alike. It really is the luck of the draw and I've always been pretty lucky till the last time we were at POR. We ended up with a family right beside us that thought it would be ok to let their little kids run up and down in front of our doors at 6AM. They also used the dead bolt to block their door from shutting. So every time the kids would run out.. bang, run in.. bang, bang, bang, bang. I think you get it. Between hearing that 2 mornings in a row and no working hot tub, I was convinced Wilderness Lodge was calling us.. which is where we moved to. :mickey:

vicster
05-26-2011, 10:07 AM
I find the resorts with the outside entrances to usually have some noise from kids and adults alike. It really is the luck of the draw and I've always been pretty lucky till the last time we were at POR. We ended up with a family right beside us that thought it would be ok to let their little kids run up and down in front of our doors at 6AM. They also used the dead bolt to block their door from shutting. So every time the kids would run out.. bang, run in.. bang, bang, bang, bang. I think you get it. Between hearing that 2 mornings in a row and no working hot tub, I was convinced Wilderness Lodge was calling us.. which is where we moved to. :mickey:

We've had kids running in the hallway and making noise early at WL also. WDW is a vacation spot where people take kids so that's to be expected. To expect kids to be quiet when they're totally excited about being at WDW is unreasonable. My kids are now grown but I do enjoy watching the excitement and awe of the young kids at WDW.

Patricia
05-26-2011, 12:23 PM
I agree that WL can be noisy too, which is why I stated that it really is the luck of the draw.

Excited kids are always expected and appreciated in WDW. No hot tub is a different story. ;)

vicster
05-26-2011, 12:25 PM
I agree that WL can be noisy too, which is why I stated that it really is the luck of the draw.

Excited kids are always expected and appreciated in WDW. No hot tub is a different story. ;)

Ditto on the hot tub!!!!!!!

hubbyofadisneyholic
05-28-2011, 07:55 PM
While the "adults only" section sounds good in theory, there really are multiple factors involved in the problem and that proposed solution.
As has been mentioned, oftentimes it is adults (and I use the term loosely) causing the problems. So if you create an adult area and you still have problems what do you do next? Create a non-drinking section? A section for people that have respect for their neighbors?
As a company in business to make $$$ there is only so much Disney can do, they can't control society in general.

Much as we would all like our vacations to be perfect (however that is defined for us) the reality is that when you get large numbers of people on vacation things are going to be chaotic at times. Some children will be overly excited or just poorly disciplined. Some adults will become drunken boors.

Before our daughter was born, my wife and I used to go camping in some extremely out of the way and quiet parks in Canada.
I don't have the same expectation of quiet at WDW.

Just my slightly more than 2 cents worth...

CuteAsMinnie
05-28-2011, 11:09 PM
I have mixed feelings about this but I think I'd have to say this...

WDW is a family destination and whether that family includes only 2 adults, parents with kids (of any age), adults who act like kids, kids who act like adults.... whatever, it is a place for everyone. If you want an adult only vacation, Disney may not be for you.

Here's a hint tho: There is a certain pool at GF where adults love to sit in the blazing sun. Next trip maybe I'll give my teenage son 20 bucks to do a nice cannonball to ruffle some feathers. :cool:

CuteAsMinnie
05-28-2011, 11:14 PM
...May I also say

I have never ever in my Disney experience seen anyone beside an adult "reserve" tables and/or chairs in the shady area of the pool and then leave the resort for the entire day (yes the entire day) expecting to return to their still in place towels on their "reserved" table/chairs.

Children just don't act this way.

Cinderelley
05-29-2011, 03:21 AM
I can sleep through World War 3, but I still wouldn't mind an adults only area. I loved Pleasure Island.
If an adult is being disruptive, it is easy to ask them to be quieter. If a child is misbehaving and the parents don't step in, it is a bit trickier to get the situation resolved without the parents feeling like you are questioning their parenting ability.

hauntedmansiongirl
05-30-2011, 08:22 PM
Wow- there sure are a lot of differing opinions on this topic!

I like the idea that has come up a few times about having a "quiet area" in one or more of the resorts. After all, it is the noise and not the kids that we have a problem with (especially at 6am).

:mickey:

Disney Doll
05-31-2011, 10:41 AM
Although personally I would love it and book there, Disney would never do it. Not because they want to be "family freindly," but because of money. Let's say a resort has 1000 rooms, 900 family and 100 adult. If 950 families want to book, and only 50 adults want to book, Disney would not want those last 50 rooms to be empty.

This was my first thought as well. Assigning rooms is already difficult enough with all the special requests and preferences. Disney's goal is to fill as many rooms as possible. Setting aside an entire section that would not be available to families (probably their largest demographic) would not be smart business.

We've all been annoyed by loud guests children and adults alike. We bring our white noise machine from home and we sleep through it all. That is until our own kids wake up at the crack of dawn. :mickey:

renecat
05-31-2011, 11:28 AM
The original post said they had been awakened every day at 6 am. They should have gone to the front desk an asked to be moved. Some people don't consider anyone but thereselves some times. I haven't traveled with kid since 2008 but I also made sure they were quiet when it was early or late. Some people don't seem to have a clue! This doesn't mean every child at the world is like this.

Mogie
05-31-2011, 11:30 AM
you might want to try the Dolphin/Swan. Although these hotels are not "Disney Themed" and have a bit of a Corporate feel with the convention halls, there are relatively few children staying here. Plus the hotels are on property, bus and boats to the parks available, and extra magic hours are offered!

nfrustaci
05-31-2011, 11:34 AM
i think it is a GREAT idea. i have a 2 year old and while he is usually behaved it is me who is the loud one always yelling at him to stop it or no.
I think that Disney should consider an adult only ALL INCLUSIVE hotel like they have in the islands. they can include all beverages, meals at the hotel, and tickets to the parks. water sports would be extra just like at all inclusive ones. I don't think Disney would lose out on this. Hmm I wonder how much they would charge. I would def go to that one.:party:

MNNHFLTX
05-31-2011, 04:25 PM
The idea of an adults-only building at a WDW resort is appealing to me, but it would be problematic for Disney to implement it, IMO.

If I was concerned or bothered with the noise level around my room, I would do as others have suggested and ask management to investigate it and/or move me to another room.

Suzi Q
05-31-2011, 06:28 PM
Isn't that called Vegas? hahaha

My kids are now grown (and have to pay for their own trip if they want to go, yay!) and I enjoy seeing the little ones at WDW...however I also enjoy a little quiet time at night, so I always request a room around the lake at Pop Century..it's not the closest but generally it's quieter than pool facing and there are benches around the lake I just sit and hang at, enjoying the view, maybe reading a book..

magicalmom
05-31-2011, 10:22 PM
What if Disney builds one adult party resort in the middle of Pleasure Island, with whatever clubs remain all around it. ;) That ought to lower the 2am energy level in the other resorts nicely . . .

Seriously, I would think that resorts with the more elaborately themed amenities would draw more families, so maybe if folks are looking for a quieter resort, we can choose places that aren't known for pools that look like pyramids or shipwrecks, fishing holes, pirate themed bedrooms, and so forth. So I guess the question is, which resorts would those be?

Aurora
05-31-2011, 11:35 PM
I don't see a problem with a "quiet building" option for people specifically requesting it, and all Disney would have to do is find one area of one resort that is least reserved to implement it. But I agree with others that it's not a guarantee of quiet. Plus the buildings are not exactly soundproofed. Normal or even subdued noise in your room might be bothersome to someone staying right next door because sound carries so much.

Your chances of avoiding noisy kids are much better if you're not staying at a value or moderate, where lots of families are trying to do Disney without breaking the bank. And IMHO, if you're at Disney, you should expect to hear guests starting their day between 6 and 7 a.m. to make it to the parks early. It's just the nature of the vacation.

LudwigVonDrake
06-01-2011, 06:08 AM
Nope. You know that going to WDW that you'll have to deal with children. I would have complained to the front desk about the noise at 6am.