PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on villa

emmatink
05-20-2011, 09:22 PM
We have been waiting to trade a week through RCI for a DVC villa and we finally had a 2 bedroom at Saratoga Springs come available. My only problem now is that it is not our first choice, in fact it is close to our last choice. I am not sure if we should take it or hold out for BCV, BWV or WLV our top three choices. We are going the first week in December. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone else had any luck trading for these resorts? Thanks.

Basket Mommy
05-20-2011, 10:46 PM
SSR is a great resort, IMO. It's a little spread out, but if you have the ability to request a building, choose the Springs (it's across from the pool, CS and TS restaurants, plus the gift shop).

I would take what you know you can get. Honestly, I've had some trouble getting BCV, BWV and VWL as a DVC member at the 7-month mark, esp. in December, so I wouldn't press my luck if I were you. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, as the saying goes.

Pirate Granny
05-21-2011, 08:24 AM
I agree...hard to get anything in December...let alone a RCI exchange...JUMP on it.

DizneyRox
05-21-2011, 08:27 AM
We have been waiting to trade a week through RCI for a DVC villa and we finally had a 2 bedroom at Saratoga Springs come available. My only problem now is that it is not our first choice, in fact it is close to our last choice.
Actually, I wouldn't even have SSR as a choice, my choice before SSR would be to not go.

I would take what you know you can get. Honestly, I've had some trouble getting BCV, BWV and VWL as a DVC member at the 7-month mark...
Good advice. That you got into DVC at all is a surprise to me. I know it's happening more and more, but in the past people have been coming up empty handed. Wilderness Lodge is probably out all together, it's a very small resort and tough for members to get into. BC and BW are really popular as well, and a tad on the small side compared to the likes of BLT, AKL and SSR which is the largest by a long shot (almost triple I think).

If you really want to go in December and stay at DVC, I say count your blessings, take the money and run, don't look a gift horse in the mouth, or any other cliché that applies.