PDA

View Full Version : Another POR vs. POFQ question

Dedivah
05-20-2011, 01:34 PM
My family and I already booked 3 rooms at POR for our upcoming family vacation in October. We are very excited as this will be our firs time at POR.

My question is, with the refurbishment that is due to start June 2011 and go up to Spring of 2012. Would it be better for us to switch to POFQ? We are very interested in the queen sized beds and would prefer that than full size.

Do you think that by October POR would have the queen beds available? We have teenage boys traveling with us so we think POR will be best for them but we really would like the Queen beds.

disneymomma2010
05-21-2011, 10:17 AM
We went to por last october and loved it! Our only complaint was the full size beds. And I bet 2 teenage boys wouldnt want to share one. We are going again this october and im thinking about the same thing, gueen size beds! Im seriously considering csr because the rooms look very nice, but a little worried about the size of the resort.
You could stay at french quarter and always go over to use por's pool. You also have the boat to down disney.

Inside The Magic
05-21-2011, 02:12 PM
If you request rooms with queen beds Disney will provide it if they are available. The only guaranteed queen beds will be at CS.

CS is bigger the POR but not by much. If you decide to do CS Stay request either the Cabana or Ranchos close to bus stop #4. This puts you by the Dig Site and a few minutes walk to El Centro

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-21-2011, 04:45 PM
I would think that in October some of the buildings will have been re-done, and have the queen beds. You can make a request for them, but it won't be guaranteed.

However, I would switch to POFQ if the beds are important - you know you'll get queen beds. It really is the best of both worlds, you can use all of the services at POR (pool, boat rental, etc), AND have the added bonus of a smaller resort, with only one bus stop (that usually gets picked up first when the resorts are sharing).

Dedivah
05-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Thanks, Guys!

How and when do I request the queen bed rooms? When we check in?

crltkcagle
05-22-2011, 12:47 PM
I called POR a few weeks ago and asked about the renovations. She couldn't find any information for me about Alligator Bayou. However the other sections of the hotel are going to be undergoing reservations soon.
Acadian House: 19 June - 29 July 2011
Magnolia Terrace: 24 July - 2 September 2011
Parterre Place: 8 January 2012 - 17 February 2012
Oak Manor: 12 February - 23 March 2012

Hope this helps. And you can request things by calling the resort about 5 days before your trip or when you do online check in.

Dedivah
05-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Thanks Kelly! :number1:

crltkcagle
05-22-2011, 09:38 PM
Your very welcome!