PDA

View Full Version : FP and Soarin'

illinois belle
05-19-2011, 01:28 PM
20 days and countin'!!:cloud9: I've read that the unwritten word is FP are valid anytime after window opens, but heard not true on Soarin'. Anyone have troubles??

Daisy'sMom
05-19-2011, 02:54 PM
What do you mean? I guess I don't understand. What window are you talking about? FPs are valid for the time indicated on the pass. But I might not understand your question. Sorry if I didn't.:mickey:

EJS-Houston
05-19-2011, 03:04 PM
If I understand you correctly, Illinois Belle, you're saying that Fast Passes for other rides allow you to arrive within the appointed time range of the pass or after that time range has elapsed (e.g.: if the fast pass says 12:25 p.m. to 1:25 p.m. you can arrive and use the Fast Pass anytime that day after 12:25 p.m.)...but that Soarin' Fast Passes are good only during that time range?.

I've never actually tested that myself to be able to say one way or another. I've always made sure to arrive within the time range on the Fast Pass, assuming that it would expire after that time range elapsed.

cer
05-19-2011, 03:06 PM
What do you mean? I guess I don't understand. What window are you talking about? FPs are valid for the time indicated on the pass. But I might not understand your question. Sorry if I didn't.:mickey:

It is very common practice for cast members to allow you to use your fast pass after the window (time indicated on the FP). Never before the start time, but after and only on the same day. It is very likely if you miss your 'window', you can still use your fast pass. - It is my understanding that this practice is not considered cheating or breaking any rules, it is just what they do, a little bit of Disney grace. :)

To the original poster, I have not tried this at Soarin', but maybe someone will come along who has.

dmallan
05-19-2011, 06:08 PM
We did this last fall. We went back to POR for some R&R and by the time we made it back to Soarin' it was about an hour past our FP window. No problem. When we approached the CM I asked if we could still use them and she did not blink an eye, just waved us in. :thumbsup:

crltkcagle
05-19-2011, 08:21 PM
This is true. We learned this on our trip in 09. A cast member handed us fp's for Peter Pan's Flight and we said thank you. When we looked down at the time it was expired. So my DH went back to the cm and told her. She then told my husband as long as its past the time slot on the ticket you can still use them. So we have been doing this ever since. My DH thinks he finally figured out how to "work" disney and be able to do everything in one day. LOL

Marcya23
05-19-2011, 09:31 PM
Last week was our first family trip and my first time in well over a decade. So I was new to FP and Soarin' was our first time using them. When I asked about them, to make sure we were doing it correctly, the CM told me I could use it any time all day. So I really do think that they really only care about the "start" time.

illinois belle
05-19-2011, 10:13 PM
thanks everyone, that's kinda what I was thinking. Doing so much research, I thought I read somewhere that at Soarin' they were picky about timing. just double checking.

Scar
05-19-2011, 10:30 PM
I too have read that during extremely busy times, the "long line" rides like Soarin' and TSMM may be subject to strict enforcement. Since I have never been during such a time, I cannot confirm that.

WDWfanatic742
05-20-2011, 06:15 AM
I too have read that during extremely busy times, the "long line" rides like Soarin' and TSMM may be subject to strict enforcement. Since I have never been during such a time, I cannot confirm that.

That's the only time I've seen them turn away late fastpasses before. If the line is too long they sometimes will not let you use them.

ransam
05-20-2011, 12:11 PM
Never tried that but if that is the case, and since you can get an additional FP after the current one's time starts, you can just collect them, and at the end of the evening just do one huge magical fast past tour of your favorite rides...

floridamom
05-20-2011, 02:35 PM
We were at Epcot during Mardi Gras/early spring break time this year and it was pretty busy. We were still able use or Soarin' FPs after our window had "expired," but it was only about 30 minutes later.

We use FPs way past the window at MK all the time,and have never had a problem with them being accepted.