PDA

View Full Version : Just Added to Waterparks and Fun...any feedback on the waterparks?

princessgirls
05-19-2011, 11:18 AM
Hello Intercot friends,

This will be my first trip ever that we are doing the waterparks!!!

Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!!!

Julie:mickey:

LuvsTigger80
05-19-2011, 12:21 PM
:thumbsup:Disney's Waterparks are fun and exciting. We haven't been able to do them on our last two trips, so to say that we are more than excited to get back to them is a over statement. Typhoon is our favorite. But I like Blizzard too. Just a different feel to it. Enjoy your time at the waterparks. :mickey:Wish they would build one here at the Disneyland Resort..:blush:

mook3y
05-19-2011, 01:54 PM
our family loves both parks and would be hard pressed to pick a favorite. September is when we have gone and we try to arrive early in the day and head back to the resort when it starts getting hot in the late afternoon.

Make sure you bring sun screen with you as you will need to re-apply throughout the day.

They have photopass cards that go around your wrist. Some of our favorite pictures were taken at the water parks.

Disneyquest is also a family favorite, make sure to plan on spending a few hours there at some point.

whitney37354
05-19-2011, 02:04 PM
We went to TL. In the wave pool, get out in the middle when the waves start. DH went out there, but I stayed closer to the side with DD. We were pushed up to the edge, both of us with scraped knees & the top of my one-piece swimsuit came down for a second, even though our backs were to the waves. Be prepared.

We ate a Typhoon Tilly's for lunch. DH & I had the bbq sandwich. DD had the hot dog lunch in the sand pail. It was the best CS meal I had all week.

Since DD is 5, we didn't do the big slides. She played for a few minutes in the kiddie section. We all floated in the lazy river & rode the family slide together. We stayed 1/2 day then back to the resort for an afternoon rest before hitting the parks again in the evening.

Be sure you all wear shoes all the time. The pavement is hot. A little boy walking behind us was almost in tears and his dad had no compassion for his hot little feet! We wore Tevas & kept them on for all the activities in the waterpark.

Towel rental is $2/towel. We forgot our towels at the resort and rented ours. We should have just rented one towel and shared it because it was hot outside & we dried off quickly. We never sat down on a lounge chair, just used one to deposit our towels and coverups on while we played in the water.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-19-2011, 09:08 PM
Sunscreen - more than you think you need.

We loved Blizzard Beach, and make it a regular part of our Disney trips, but no matter how much sunscreen we put on, DD and I always end up burnt. So, my tip ... super sunscreen!

We love wave pool, but the waves are strong, so keep an eye on weaker swimmers :swim:

magicalmom
05-20-2011, 10:12 AM
You can snorkle "with" sharks at TL.

joonyer
05-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Be sure not to miss Teamboat Springs "family sized" raft ride at Blizzard beach. It's a really long ride with big high turns and lot's of fun, the whole family can ride together.

DAWS
05-20-2011, 09:21 PM
If you have kids, they will probably want to go to the waterparks more than once. When I took my nephew (for his 11-year-old birthday trip) I planned all the days (along with visits to both water parks and Disney Quest), but left two afternoons open - he wanted to go to each water park again on his open days.

You can buy a Disney gift card at the gift shop at the water parks that is on a wrist strap. This was soooo convenient for buying snacks around the park.

We also wore water shoes around the park - we did, however, leave ours at the bottom of each slide. We didn't have problems with them being stolen...

While we love both parks, I like Typhoon Lagoon better because of the shark reef, Crusher Gusher water roller coaster, and the big wave pool. So much fun!!

princessgirls
05-23-2011, 12:21 PM
Thanks for all of the tips!!

My girls LOVE waterparks, and we were planning on going over to Universal for 2 days during this trip, but neither child has any interest. It's a lot to spend for no interest...

My oldest daughter Morgan is 10 and Madison is 9 and they are waterpark veterans! I know that Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon will be more than they expect...
They have been to:
Great Wolf Lodge 4X
Camel Beach 1X
Dorney Park Waterpark 1X
The Boardwalk at Hershey 1X
Raging Waters in Wildwood 5X
Myrtle Waves 4X
I can't wait to see how much they enjoy these!!
I have a feeling I'll be spending some cool time at the waterparks during our 10 day trip! It's all good!
Julie:mickey: