PDA

View Full Version : TS lunch @ DHS?

alaMode
05-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Which place do you like best and why? We've never eaten a TS meal there but we're considering it for our October trip!

Any input is greatly appreciated!

GothMickey
05-18-2011, 12:35 PM
I am not too thrilled with any of the dining options in DHS. I would have to say 50's Prime Time Cafe would be my choice.

CanadianWDWFan
05-18-2011, 12:46 PM
We have enjoyed our times and meals at the Brown Derby. We have tried Sci-Fi and 50's Prime Time as well. Enjoyed the meal at Sci-Fi but not at the 50's. Though at the 50's we always enjoy the interaction with the CM's.

Narawen
05-18-2011, 12:57 PM
We love the Brown Derby. Excellent food, nice atmosphere, great opportunity to sit back and just relax for awhile. While planning our upcoming trip, it's the only place my mom specifically requested we eat at (although I think Ohana and Boma are both a given for us to do again).

The food at Sci-fi is pretty average, but the atmosphere is great.

McLiberal8
05-18-2011, 01:06 PM
I actually really enjoy Sci-Fi. The atmosphere can't be beat, and I love the asiago spinach pasta dish. When ! use the DDP, they allow me to get a milkshake as a drink, AND you get a dessert as well. I always get my fill, there!

KylesMom
05-18-2011, 01:06 PM
For lunch TS at DHS, we enjoy Sci-Fi (burgers & onion rings - and DS says the shakes are to DIE for). We also enjoy the flatbread pizzas at Mama Melrose. :mickey:

ginny57
05-18-2011, 02:12 PM
I've been to 50's - SciFi - Mama M - Brown Derby....and I've gone back to both Mama and Brown Derby.

They were all decent food wise. Mind you, I'm not a fussy eater.

I loved the atmosphere @ Brown Derby. Very Old Hollywood.

Enjoy!

disneymom15
05-18-2011, 02:12 PM
We like Mama Melrose. Sci-Fi is another good choice.

midlifemagic
05-18-2011, 02:38 PM
Another vote for Brown Derby. Very good food and if you're fortunate a little floor show as a bonus.:thumbsup:

Ms. Mode
05-18-2011, 03:05 PM
We love the Brown Derby too! Mama Melrose and Sci-Fi Dine In are our next best choices.

I wasn't too thrilled with 50's Prime Time...but the food was good. :blush:

Checkers
05-18-2011, 04:08 PM
:mickey:We enjoy Brown Derby for the Cobb Salad and Grapefruit Cake. We also like Mama Melrose's flatbread (yum) and usually split a salad and each have an individual flatbread.

kirk-ster
05-18-2011, 04:30 PM
I always make it for dinner at Brown Derby (this year on Fathers day):mickey:
Mama Melrose has always been good.
Been to Sci-Fi once - theming was great, food wasn't.

Briansmom
05-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Another vote for Mama Melrose. Definitely not H&V. We have eaten at 50's Prime Time and it was ok....depends on the kind of food you are looking for....I am an Italian nut more so than a home cooking fan.

DAWS
05-18-2011, 10:54 PM
Crazy - Hollywood Studios is our second favorite park in which to eat (after Epcot). We really like all of the sit-down restaurants. Here is a quick run-down of each restaurant, with my thoughts about ratings.

First Choice: 50's Prime Time Cafe - the food is pretty good (comfort food) and the atmosphere can't be beat. Ask for a server that will "tease" you - it is so much more fun when they really give you the business.

Second Choice: Sci Fi Diner. I keep reading that the food isn't great, but I keep having decent meals - they aren't like formal sit-down, but the entrees match the GREAT environment. So fun to watch movies and sit in cars while eating! I want to open this restaurant at home!

Third Choice: Mama Melrose. The food is delicious. We have enjoyed this restaurant many times (including on Thanksgiving one year, as well as on the Backstage Magic tour). We usually end up at one of our first two choices, but are never disappointed here.

Fourth Choice: Brown Derby. The restaurant offers good food, but seems pretentious. We have always enjoyed our meal, but just feel like it is just not up to the price of the meals. Picky eaters might find it difficult to find meal options.

alaMode
05-21-2011, 01:09 PM
We went with the Brown Derby! That Cobb Salad looks so good!

faline
05-21-2011, 01:17 PM
Good choice! I, too, would suggest the Brown Derby!

DisneyFr33k
05-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Brown Derby is on the high end, price-wise. Then you have 50's, Sci-Fi or Mama Melroses. It really depends on what you like - 50's has great comfort food with a humorous presentation by your "mom" (waiter/waitress). Sci-Fi is dark, hokey film stips play and repeat every 10-15 minutes but have good burgers/shakes. Mama's serves italian in a dark quiet setting. Just look up the menus online and go from there.

crmark1
05-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Good choice. I also like 50's, but for a nice light lunch on a hot day you can not beat the Cobb salad and a glass of white wine at The Brown Derby. Dont forget to try the grapefruit cake for desert!

LudwigVonDrake
05-22-2011, 11:04 AM
The Sci-Fi for lunch is a good bet!! :tasty: :eat: