PDA

View Full Version : Water Park ??

georger
05-18-2011, 06:36 AM
We are going in June and doing the water parks for the 1st time. We are planning a full water park day but I was wondering how realistic is it to think we could go to a water park late in the day for a couple of hours? I was hoping that the crowds might thin out around 4 or 5 and we could get in a couple of hours in the late afternoons/evenings. Anyone tried this strategy? Am I ridiculous to think this would work during June? Thanks for any help!

NJGIRL
05-18-2011, 07:27 AM
This is just my option but I think you will miss out on too much. We treat our water park day like a day at the beach. You can run from ride to ride, but I suggest you take it slow and enjoy the whole atmosphere. WDW water parks are very nice... they are an experience IMO. It's so nice to sit on the beach chairs and listen to the music, walk around, let the kids dig in the sand, spend an hour an the lazy river just floating, go into the wave pool throughout the day. The slides are fun enough to want to do them multiple times. We like to "relax" on our water park days and take it slower than when we do the parks.

cajundisneyfreak
05-18-2011, 08:13 AM
I would suggest getting there when the park opens.Get your family a good spot for the day.Typhoon Lagoon in my opinion is bigger and more spread out so it doesn't feel crowded.Blizzard Beach is the opposite and feels congested to me.We have done both parks in one day before.That could be an option for you.Half a day at one park and half a day at the other.Be aware that they close around 5:00pm.Hope you have a magical time !!!! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-18-2011, 09:37 AM
I would stick to your plan for a full day. There is quite a bit to do, and you will miss a lot trying to cram it into a couple of hours.

Also, for the first few weeks of June, the waterparks close at 5pm or 6pm, so that will really limit you.

There is no doubt that crowds are lower in the later afternoon, but we've easily spent a full day at the waterparks ... you really will enjoy that time :thumbsup:

gerald72
05-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Unlike everyone else, i like your plan. I hear the water park crowds really start to thin out later in the day. Just dont expect to do it all. Also, starting on June 12 this year, the water parks are open until 8 pm.

georger
05-18-2011, 01:15 PM
I checked the hours and they are open until 8. I am doing a full day but wanted to get in more time in late afternoons. Thanks

magicalmom
05-18-2011, 04:42 PM
Sometimes if you go in right after an electrical storm, the park has emptied out and you can do a lot without long lines.

DAWS
05-21-2011, 07:51 PM
I have have noticed that people are leaving the water parks in droves around 3:00 PM. You should be able to get quite a few rides in in the hours between 3 and 8...

Dsnygirl
05-21-2011, 10:13 PM
I have have noticed that people are leaving the water parks in droves around 3:00 PM. You should be able to get quite a few rides in in the hours between 3 and 8...

I agree... I have heard of quite a few people doing this when the parks are open later, and if you're there by 3:30 or 4pm, you ought to be able to cover everything, albeit a bit quickly. If you choose TL, be sure to alot enough time for the snorkeling -- I've heard it's one of the best things there! :thumbsup:

Have fun!

DAWS
05-21-2011, 10:40 PM
I agree... I have heard of quite a few people doing this when the parks are open later, and if you're there by 3:30 or 4pm, you ought to be able to cover everything, albeit a bit quickly. If you choose TL, be sure to alot enough time for the snorkeling -- I've heard it's one of the best things there! :thumbsup:

Have fun!

Snorkeling is my favorite thing in Typhoon Lagoon. Next time we go, I want to try the extended Surface Air Snorkeling experience.

georger
05-22-2011, 07:32 AM

Have fun!

This is what I was hoping....thanks!