PDA

View Full Version : Coronado or pofq?

disneymomma2010
05-17-2011, 08:38 PM
I am currently booked for cbr this october. Its me, dh, ds twins. The more I think about it I think maybe I should wait to stay at cbr after they have another mini rehab, adding queen beds. The rooms just dont look that great to me.I have been watching videos on you tube and the coronado looks nicer, from what I can tell. We loved por but french quarter has queen beds and my family hasnt stayed there either. If my boys knew I was thinking about giving up a pirate themed hotel they would probably kill me, but they dont know. :secret: Do you think I should forgo the cbr for now? And would you pick csr or pofq and why? Thanks!

Melanie
05-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Personally, I'd choose Coronado. Love pretty much everything about the resort, and I'm just not a fan of POFQ.

Now, the two resorts you are contemplating are very different. One big, one small. One involves a lot of walking and many bus stops, while one is very compact and one bus stop. One has a sister resort, one doesn't have any siblings. One a convention hotel (with convention ammenities), one not. One has a unique food court (Pepper Market), one has very large Mardi Gras masks in the food court. One is Southwestern theme, one is New Orleans theme. One has highly themed Mayan pyramid pool area, one has dragon themeing.

Nice that they've both been recently rehabbed and have queen beds now. That was a definite advantage Coronado doesn't have anymore. I do enjoy the wooden sliding door that separates bath and bed area at Coronado, and haven't heard otherwise and assume that FQ still just has the curtain.

So it really just comes down to personal preference. Good luck in your decision!

caryrae
05-17-2011, 10:11 PM
My wife and I did a split stay last trip with CS and POFQ we like both but liked POFQ a little more mostly because of the small size and the boat to DtD. We were also not fans of Pepper Market and the kinda long walk to the main building to refill mugs and get food at Coronado but Coronado is a beautiful Resort and the main pool area looked nicer but we are not swimmers so that doesn't matter much to us.

tinksmom02
05-17-2011, 10:32 PM
We've stayed at both CSR and POFQ, and I have to say I'm in no rush to return to CSR at all. The sheer size of it was daunting--it was not a short walk from our room to the main building at all. The Pepper Market was OK, as far as food went, but the whole 10% gratuity thing put us off some. I think that if you luck out and get a room in one of the closer buildings (we requested but didn't get one), you might have a completely different experience.

Now, we LOVE POFQ. I LOVE that it's so cozy and you're just a few minutes away from everything. I love hearing the boats on the river, and listening tot he horse-drawn carriages at night. And that you can walk or boat to POR to use their amenities (and visit Bob Jackson!). Can't WAIT to get back there!

We've never stayed at CBR but I suspect we wouldn't like it because of the size.

disneymomma2010
05-18-2011, 09:57 AM
I have pretty much decided to change my resort but im still on the fence. I like that pofq is small and quite, thats my positives, but I dont know about the pool. I think csr looks very nice and I like that the beds have a duvet and not one of those bedspreads. I also like the pool better. But im not sure if it being so large would bother us or not.
Is csr good for children? How do the buses compare?

goofy89
05-18-2011, 11:21 AM
Coronado is my favorite of the moderates. While I did like POFQ it is probably my least favorite moderate. I had no problem with the size of CS and I don't recall having any issues with the buses. I'd personally go with CS but I'm sure you'll be happy with either. I know I enjoyed both! :mickey:

ginny57
05-18-2011, 02:06 PM
I've stayed at both and liked them. You can't really go wrong here.

That said, CSR is very large and, while I didn't mind all the walking, I can see how it may be an issue for some. Food Court versus Pepper market....toss up to me. I really don't use them much either way.

Buses make lots of stops in CSR and POFQ shares with POR so lots of stops there as well.

The boat ride to DTD is an advantage @ POFQ. If crowds are not your thing, POFQ has the edge there too since CSR is a convention center.

You can also use the pools @ both POFQ and POR which is nice...and POR has boat rentals too.

Good luck and enjoy!!

HoosierDisneyFan
05-18-2011, 07:34 PM
We have stayed at both as well. I guess that POFQ would be our (Moderate) resort of choice. But that is mainly due to the size. Everything is much closer at POFQ. We did pay extra to have a close location at CSR but still it was a longer walk to the bus stop and the main building. We were quite a walk from the pool & hot tub.

One advantage that CSR has is that it has a nice workout center (POFQ does not).

PS My 14 yr old son says the game room is much better at POFQ. The game room at CSR was small and several games were broken when he was there.

disneymomma2010
05-18-2011, 11:13 PM
We have stayed at both as well. I guess that POFQ would be our (Moderate) resort of choice. But that is mainly due to the size. Everything is much closer at POFQ. We did pay extra to have a close location at CSR but still it was a longer walk to the bus stop and the main building. We were quite a walk from the pool & hot tub.

One advantage that CSR has is that it has a nice workout center (POFQ does not).

PS My 14 yr old son says the game room is much better at POFQ. The game room at CSR was small and several games were broken when he was there.

Workout center is not for me! I get enough workout from walking in the parks all day!

White Rose
05-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Do either of them share bus service? I thought POFQ shared with POR but I could be wrong...

HoosierDisneyFan
05-20-2011, 02:31 PM
Do either of them share bus service? I thought POFQ shared with POR but I could be wrong...

CSR does not share bus service with any other resort but CSR is very large and there are multiple bus stops within the resort.

POFQ shares the bus service with POR sometimes. I am sure others know when and where these are shared. Also keep in mind that POFQ only has 1 stop and generally is the first picked up when shared service (you generally will get a seat) and the first dropped off when shared (back to your room quicker).

lylone
05-20-2011, 03:03 PM
when we were there the buses were shared with POR when returning from a park. When going to parks early in the morning they were not shared, but in the afternoons they were. Always the first stop on and off though!

DAWS
05-20-2011, 09:12 PM
We have stayed at all three resorts, and all have charms:

Caribbean Beach - The rooms are a little larger than the other two resorts. I like the little island that has the playground and the running path. I also like the table service restaurant.

Port Orleans - The size of the resort is the obvious plus. I also really like the feel of the theming. Boatwrights is good, but I am disappointed they stopped breakfast service. Love the boat to Downtown Disney.

Coronado Springs - I love the Pepper Market. I found that paying for the deluxe room in order to be closer to the main building worth the extra. The pool is cool.

On our next stay, we are doing Port Orleans...

AllDisney
05-22-2011, 12:57 PM
We have stayed at all 3. Our least favorite was POFQ and I think that was because the resort was undergoing a major over hall and our room wasn't done yet. The room looked it's age. The size was good & we did enjoy the pool:mickey:

CBR is nice. We don't mind the size, as some people complain about. The food court was good and no complaints about the bus transportation at all. Pool is nice too:mickey:

Our fav is CSR. The PepperMarket is fun. The pool is great and the resort feels very relaxing despite the fact that it's a convention site. If we had to pick one to go back to today it would be Coronado:thumbsup:

Good luck with your choice:thumbsup:

disneymomma2010
05-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Thanks everyone! We have decided to try CSR! Cant wait till our trip! Hopefully we will have a great experience!:D :mickey:

wdwaggie
05-23-2011, 12:48 PM
I don't think you will regret your decision. We stayed there on our last trip DD-8, DS-5 and they loved it. We statyed in the Cabanas, I think 8-B and loved the place. We didn't get to the pool till the last day and I was glad, because my DS LOVED it and couldn't quit going down the slide and he wasn't even a real swimmer then, but that didn't stop him at all! The walks to the Pepper-Market are a little far, but the scenery make it a very nice walk. We always caught the bus right behind our building on the loop and don't think we ever actually waited. On the return I got off at the main building with our refill mugs and the DW and kids rode around to the stop by the building and we got there almost at the same time. I hope you enjoy your stay, we'll be there in Sept!

Melanie
05-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Thanks everyone! We have decided to try CSR! Cant wait till our trip! Hopefully we will have a great experience!:D :mickey:

:thumbsup:

I've now stayed in all three sections, and my favorite was Cabanas, but they are all great!

artyboy
05-23-2011, 03:18 PM
:thumbsup:

I've now stayed in all three sections, and my favorite was Cabanas, but they are all great!

I completely agree! The hammocks were really nice to sway on after a day at the parks with a :marg:!