PDA

View Full Version : Bermuda!

Bethanymouse
05-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Well, for the first time in 9 years, we have decided to bypass WDW this summer and instead venture out to fulfill a "pre-baby/pregnancy" dream----we are heading to BERMUDA! We are very very excited. We are book there for 5 nights/ 6 days in July. We are staying at the Fairmont Southhampton. We are traveling with a fairly large group- 8 of us! My parents, husband, brother, older cousin, and aunt and uncle are coming along to help me celebrate becoming a doctor!

So, any suggestions, recommendations, stories?

NJGIRL
05-18-2011, 06:57 AM
Never been there so I have no suggestions, but my parents really liked it when they went. No poverty on the island so you have no one begging you to buy anything, but it is more expensive than most of the Caribbean Islands. Have a great trip!

luvDaMouse
05-18-2011, 09:37 AM
:thumbsup: My dh and I Loved Bermuda when we were there last year. We did not stay on the island but we docked there for 2 days when we sailed on a RC cruise out of NYC. We docked in Kings Warf and took a taxi to Port Royal Golf course the first day. The water is a gorgeous blue and turquoise! And the sand is truly PINK! The homes all are pastel colors. You cannot rent a car on the island but you can rent scooters. We did not rent we took a cab. You can buy a bus/ferry pass (a multi day one) we went into Hamilton and walked around a bit there are many shops and restaurants. We never did get to St George, but I am told it is older and historical (more undisturbed buildings old English style) we went to Elbow Beach (beautiful) but I think all the beaches are. They are all down steep hills but they have a shuttle bus that will take you back to the top for 1$ or 2$. We never ate on the island so I can’t comment on any restaurants. I had been there before when we cruised on Princess and that time did a trail ride that included riding our horses on the beach! That was fun and I would do that again. The people there are so nice and welcoming. We enjoyed it so much and can’t wait to book another cruise so we can visit Bermuda again!
Enjoy your trip.:)
Dana:mickey:

Bethanymouse
06-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Thank you for all the information! Our hotel, The Fairmont Southhampton will provide a ferry to bring us into Hamilton I believe. It also provides a jitney to the beach! We are so excited. I have heard how beautiful the water and beaches are. And you guys are right about poverty- I have heard that as well. That it is a clean, safe island. Any more info is welcome!