PDA

View Full Version : Tangled Meet & Greet

NY GOOFY
05-17-2011, 02:16 PM
I have heard nightmare stories about the line to meet Flynn and Rapunzel at the new meet and greet where Storytime with Belle used to be. Has anyone experienced this attraction? How bad was the wait? What is a good strategy to meet them without spending hours on line? Any help would be appreciated.

Narawen
05-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Since the Tangled show isn't a normal meet and greet, there's only limited capacity and a limited number of shows every day. The best strategy I've heard is to get to the Magic Kingdom at rope drop and go straight to get in line for Tangled. The first show is at 9:30, so if you're within the first 20 or 30 people, you'll get into the show and be done by 10. If you don't go there immediately, you may be waiting for a very long time.

I've heard it's fairly acceptable among CMs to have one person hold a family's place in line for the M+G if you want to send the rest ahead to ride one ride or grab fastpasses. The CM will go through the line and ask how many are in each party, and they'll be able to inform you which show you'll get into.

AXOAlum
05-17-2011, 06:18 PM
We never went to Storytime with Belle so I'm not sure of the exact location. Is this on my right (as the castle is to my right) between TL and FL where you would walk towards the teacups?

joanna71985
05-17-2011, 06:46 PM
It's in Fantasyland, across from Cosmic Rays (at the bottom of the castle).

crltkcagle
05-18-2011, 12:27 PM
So is this a show or do you actually get to meet the characters and take a picture with them?

joanna71985
05-18-2011, 02:24 PM
It's a mix of both (first a little "show", then meeting the characters).

Dyanna
05-18-2011, 02:55 PM
I remember waiting over an hour to have my DD interact with Rapunzel & Ryder. We had to wait for the next show as they had already made their quota for the show before. I waited on line while DH went over to Cosmic Rays with DD to get lunch to eat on the line to kill time.

AXOAlum
05-25-2011, 07:44 PM
We tried this morning - we were here at rope drop & straight there by 9.10. Had already missed 1st show & were last family for 10.15 show. Gave up - I refuse to wait an hour for anyone but Jesus!

Joannelet
05-25-2011, 07:51 PM
We attempted to meet them 2x's 2 weeks ago when we were there. It never worked out. The line was extremely long. People looked like they had been camped out for hours and it was soooo unbelievably hot. I think I will try attempting it again in October hopefully with less heat. It was just too much.

i'm grumpy
05-26-2011, 08:02 AM
I don't know why they can't find a better way. We tried twice last week and would not wait in the heat for 2 hours.

jpH/keD
05-27-2011, 08:13 AM
Personally, I would never wait that long! We will just wait til they show up at a character dinner or lunch somewhere....very sad tho!
They are awesome characters and the movie was adorable!!

i'm grumpy
05-28-2011, 11:41 AM
There was a serious lack of characters out last week. :( And some of the ones that were left by 11:30 or 2:30!!

AgentC
05-29-2011, 02:53 AM
We've tried a couple of times and never made it either. We went by once last weekend and the line had about 60 people waiting in full sun. Too hot and too long for us.

AXOAlum
05-29-2011, 04:13 PM
There was a serious lack of characters out last week. :( And some of the ones that were left by 11:30 or 2:30!!

I agree! We left yesterday (actually still in the car for the next hour!) & we noticed a big difference in the # of characters out vs this time last year. The heat was ridiculous though. Maybe that's why?

i'm grumpy
05-31-2011, 08:29 PM
Could be but I think there were less in the animation building too.

DisneyFreak1313
06-06-2011, 10:25 PM
We were there last week for this, and did NOT wait in the line. It was a MINIMUM of 3 hour wait for this and in the blazing sun that is not worth my time! I think it is unbelieveably ridiculous that there is this kind of wait for this character meeting. Is Disney gonna do something about this? Have a greet somewhere else in another park perhaps without the "show" junk?! I just wanna meet the character!:(