PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone in Florida help out with this question??? (please)

Imalismom
05-17-2011, 10:39 AM
I'm looking at trying to get a Florida Residents Annual pass for my daughter in collage.

I have this information:

For part-time Florida residents:

Must have a driver's license or state photo ID card from another state, or a non-US Passport and at least one of the following items which does show a Florida address:

•Monthly mortgage statement

•Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill, current automobile registration, insurance policy or bill or current utility bill (Power/Phone/Cable/Water).

•Statement from a financial institution showing checking, savings or investment information or mail from a Federal or Florida State, County or City government agency.

Please note that as of August 2010, proof of rent, mortgage or ownership such as a deed, mortgage payment booklet or residential lease are no longer acceptable proof of part-time residency.

But I also have this information:

Please note that as of August 2010, Voter registration cards and Florida College/University ID's are no longer acceptable proof of full-time residency.

so here is my question - if I have my daughter set up a checking account in town where she is attending college, and have the statements sent to her college address, will that satisfy the part-time resident requirement so that I can get the Florida resident rate for her?

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-18-2011, 09:40 AM
I'm not in Florida :( (although I would LOVE to be), but it sounds like you've got a plan.

Statements from financial insitutions are acceptable, so a checking account statement would "fit the bill".

JROriole8Fan
05-18-2011, 10:14 AM
The rules have tightened greatly and you will need to produce a FL license to get the FL Residence Pass. Simply showing a checking account or rent bill is insufficient. This wasa change in FL law, this is not a Disney decision.

hokies4life
05-18-2011, 10:57 AM
We were told in April that if we had a Florida mortgage statement for a second home and not just a lease then it would be acceptable. Is this also no longer the case?

Ramblingman
05-18-2011, 12:54 PM
To be safe, you should call Disney and ask. Don't simply rely on the advice of someone else who may not know what they are talking about.

I had to give up my FL drivers license once my wife retired from the military and since then I have not qualified for a Residents Pass. Sigh...

BrerGnat
05-18-2011, 01:01 PM
Is there any reason why Ali can't get a FL driver's license? If she will be living there as a student for more than half the year, she can qualify as a resident.

WDWfanatic742
05-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Kinda stinks that they can't take College ID's anymore. That's how alot of my friends were able to get the pass a year or two ago...