PDA

View Full Version : Room Choice at Bay Lake Tower

Buddyboomer
05-17-2011, 07:38 AM
Good Morning! We are going to Disney this Saturday! YEAH! We have never stayed at Bay Lake Tower before...Where should I request we stay? Which floor is most convenient?
Thanks
Sherry

faline
05-17-2011, 08:49 AM
I don't think any room is more convenient than another - it sort of depends on your preference. Some folks like to be on lower floors - others on higher floors.

I've now stayed at Bay Lake twice - both time in lake view rooms. In the future I'll ask for a room on the outside of the "U" rather than on the inside of the "U". On our first trip, we were on the outside and the room did not have a lot of light coming in from outside sources. On my last trip, I was on the inside of the "U" overlooking the pool. There were some light poles in the pool area that kept my bedroom lighter than I would have liked.

It's a great resort! I think you'll be very pleased with your stay!

goofy89
05-17-2011, 12:02 PM
I don't think there are any rooms that are inconvenient. I went in January and we had a lake view room which was nice. Also, we were on the same floor as the contemporary walkway (it was either the 4th or 5th floor I forget) which was really nice and convenient. You'll love it there! :mickey:

Basket Mommy
05-17-2011, 03:50 PM
We just got back from BLT and LOVED it. We were in room 7544, which was on the 5th floor of BLT. The 5th floor is where the walkway comes into BLT from the Contemporary, and I found it very convenient to not have to get on the elevators. It was high enough to have a great view of the lake/marina, and we had a wonderful view of the nightly water parade. It's the last room on the hall, which was great. No one walked past our room to get to theirs, which can sometimes be a problem if you have noisy neighbors. I loved our location so much that I'll probably request the same room or at least the same floor again!

EpcotFan182
05-17-2011, 05:22 PM
I agree, there really isn't an inconvenient room. I stayed on the third floor on the outside of the U. We had a view of Bay Lake but also a nice view of the Contemporary tower and dock. I liked the lower floor but I would probably request a higher floor next time I go just to have a different experience. No matter where your room is I'm sure you're going to have a great time - it's a wonderful resort! :mickey:

Gotimone
05-17-2011, 05:38 PM
I also agree that other than the floor you are on there is not to much difference. The place is really nice thought we loved it last May when we stayed there. It is however a bit of a hike to the transportation. But who cares... We are at WDW... :D

Basket Mommy
05-17-2011, 10:33 PM
I also agree that other than the floor you are on there is not to much difference. The place is really nice thought we loved it last May when we stayed there. It is however a bit of a hike to the transportation. But who cares... We are at WDW... :D

If you want to be nearer to the Contemporary, then request to be there. Buses aren't hard to get to at all. We took the elevator down to the ground floor, then a short walk down the sidewalk to the Contemporary bus stop. I don't think transportation is hard to get to from BLT at all!