PDA

View Full Version : Akershush question

alpro2
05-16-2011, 07:05 PM
I've read many nice reviews about Akershush. Out of all our trips, we never dined here. Since it is a princess character meal, will two teenage boys and their dad feel "out of place" having dinner here? :blush: (Is it geared more toward younger children?)

jsw123
05-16-2011, 09:51 PM
We had an OK experience here a few years ago. I definitely feel like the main draw is the Princesses and not the food/ ambience. I'm not sure how much boys/men would like it for what it costs. Eat in Morrocco with yummy food and a belly dancer that everyone will enjoy!!!:mickey:

Edenza
05-17-2011, 12:41 AM
We had an OK experience here a few years ago. I definitely feel like the main draw is the Princesses and not the food/ ambience. I'm not sure how much boys/men would like it for what it costs. Eat in Morrocco with yummy food and a belly dancer that everyone will enjoy!!!:mickey:

I stopped in because I'm weighing these two against each other and I think you've just tipped the scales :) Thanks!

JROriole8Fan
05-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Really, sitting at a table with your daughters and wife while another woman in a bikini top dances. Awkward at best. Akerhaus is a much better meal, environment and experience.

Signed, married dad w/daughters

darthmacho
05-17-2011, 01:50 PM
Maybe you could go to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for a haircut and mani-pedis afterwards. :princess: (Just kidding!)

Seriously, I enjoyed the Princess breakfast as much as any character meal. :mickey:

magicalmom
05-18-2011, 09:47 PM
When we did the character lunch at Akershus, the characters were bright and witty, and happy to trade [family friendly] quips with adults. I think DH and I enjoyed the interaction more than the DDs, who were in shy stages at the time. We found the food delicious (we're talking maybe 5 years ago) because we especially liked the cold board, there's nothing like it anywhere else in the World.

DAWS
05-18-2011, 10:43 PM
The meal at Akershus is pretty good, with many options. I definitely think the draw, though, is the princesses. If your boys are good sports, the photo opportunities are priceless (we took my 85 year old Norwegian father for breakfast, and got amazing photos of him with each of the princesses - will love those photos forever!)

ransam
05-18-2011, 11:46 PM
i actually liked it more than the castle. it was kind of a cool atmosphere. very laid back...the breakfast bar was awesome.....

jonahbear2006
05-19-2011, 12:45 AM
LOVE akershus!! The princesses are fun but the food is great and I love the buffet/menu both options! I would make the reservation for 1045 or 11 so you catch the breakfast buffet and grab some breakfast bread as they are switching it out!

alpro2
05-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Thank you all for your feedback. In the end, however, my two sons felt too weird to attend a "princess" dinner.