PDA

View Full Version : Spectro Magic?

Cjsmom1811
05-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Please tell me it's not gone forever. The Electrical Parade is TERRIBLE!!!!! You can not see the characters on the floats, the music is to much, and it looks like something that was thrown together last minute.

Spectro Magic was BEAUTIFUL and AMAZING! Please tell me that it's going to come back!

Stu29573
05-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Please tell me it's not gone forever. The Electrical Parade is TERRIBLE!!!!! You can not see the characters on the floats, the music is to much, and it looks like something that was thrown together last minute.

Spectro Magic was BEAUTIFUL and AMAZING! Please tell me that it's going to come back!

Actually, it's all a matter of opinion. Many people actually like the Electrical Parade better. I saw it last November and I can honestly say that 1. I saw all the characters fine, at least as well as on Spectro 2. The music, while I like it, was a bit much by the time the end rolled around 3. Well, I can't really comment on this because I have no idea what you mean. It obvously takes a HUGE amount of preperation for an event of this magnitude.

But, to answer your question, Spectro is supposed to return eventually.

dizneydeb22
05-16-2011, 02:00 PM
While I have not seen the new parade in person, we looked it up on you tube. I really hope Spectro is back for our trip in August. I agree that the music was not nearly as good! I watch the Spectro magic on you tube whenever I need a little Disney fix, and just hearing the music makes my heart pound. The music, in my opinion, makes the parade, which is probably why you didn't enjoy it as much. I'm sure that I will enjoy the Electrical parade either way. It's hard when you enjoy and look forward to something so much and it is replaced!

DAWS
05-16-2011, 02:23 PM
When I was a kid my parents took me to Disneyland and I was in awe of the Electrical Light Parade. I for one was thrilled to hear it would be back.

My wife and I liked it very much, but it was not as good as I remember, nothing ever is. :thumbsup:

kakn7294
05-16-2011, 03:05 PM
I have heard rumors that Spectro is getting a long rehab but will eventually be back. However, this is just rumor and at this point, this is turning into a really long rehab if that's really the case. But I hang onto the hope - count me in the camp that hopes Spectro is eventually coming back as I do not care for The Electric Light parade either.

JPL
05-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Definitely a matter of opinion here. I grew up with the MSEP and was thrilled to see it return :mickey: Now I also like SpectroMagic but will admit it was getting a bit stale and really welcomed the change back. I hope they actually come up with an all new nighttime parade that's better than both of them :thumbsup:

crltkcagle
05-16-2011, 07:45 PM
I didn't realize that it was gone. What a bummer. Just the song that played with that parade makes me think of my kids faces while watching the parade every time I hear it. I do hope they bring it back. Not saying I don't enjoy the Electrical Parade but Spectromagic holds a special place in my heart.

BrerGnat
05-16-2011, 08:41 PM
Definitely a matter of opinion here. I grew up with the MSEP and was thrilled to see it return :mickey: Now I also like SpectroMagic but will admit it was getting a bit stale and really welcomed the change back. I hope they actually come up with an all new nighttime parade that's better than both of them :thumbsup:

Exactly. :thumbsup:

DisneyPrincess21
05-16-2011, 09:43 PM
My vote is for Spectro to come back! My favorite parade and I missed it this past December. Me and my family couldn't stand MSEP and we were thrilled when it was finally over.

UCJen
05-16-2011, 09:45 PM
Spectro Magic < MSEP.

:thedolls:

garthbarth1
05-16-2011, 09:57 PM
Im another one who would LOVE for Spectromagic to come back!! Just hearing that music makes my heart happy!!!

Polynesian Dweller
05-16-2011, 10:22 PM

My feelings too! They were both good in their time but are getting old. Haven't watched either for years. A new parade would get my interest back.

Aurora
05-16-2011, 10:49 PM
Ooooooh, it's the age-old Spectro vs. MSEP smashdown!! Wait, lemme get my popcorn and lawn chair!

But seriously, MSEP does have a special place in my heart because it was the first one I saw as a kid, and because I thought the music at the time was incredibly clever -- to weave all those classic movie themes in with the parade anthem.

But I can see how people prefer Spectro -- definitely more modern. Although I still don't know what those crazy spinning guys are supposed to be...

BrerGnat
05-17-2011, 12:22 PM
Although I still don't know what those crazy spinning guys are supposed to be...

You mean the creepy evil Specrtomagic clowns? I hate those things...:thedolls:

Cjsmom1811
05-17-2011, 12:40 PM
dont get me wrong, I would be ok with a refurb for spectromagic, include new characters and such. However, I prefer the changing lights of spectromagic, the music, and I actualy LOVED the clowns LOL :secret:

The only thing I really enjoyed about the msep is the American flag at the end <3

Spectro is just so MAGICAL!!!!!! I want it back, and am willing to throw a 5 year old hissy fit til its back :)

Imagineer1981
05-17-2011, 03:01 PM

Absolutely. I grew up with MSEP so it was sad when it was replaced with Spectro, and I grew to love Specrto (except the clown guys on the balls, they scare me). But Spectro is feeling old and I hope they do come up with another version that is even more fantastic

Disney Doll
05-18-2011, 04:29 PM
I heard so many people with nostalgia for MSEP, but when I first saw it last Sept I thought it was just okay. I liked seeing something different, but I liked Spectro too.

donnine
05-22-2011, 09:21 PM
my vote is for spectro to come back! My favorite parade and i missed it this past december. Me and my family couldn't stand msep and we were thrilled when it was finally over.

agree! Agree! Agree! :(

RazdOnDis
05-23-2011, 10:35 AM
I believe the creepy 'spinning things' are supposed to be china dolls. My vote is for Spectromagic, hands down, if only for the music.

Suz36
05-25-2011, 08:16 PM
My vote definitely goes to Spectro. I was looking forward to seeing something new, but was disappointed with MSEP. The music drove me crazy by the end!

AmandaChan
05-26-2011, 01:17 AM
While I agree that change is necessary to keep such an enormous park functioning/interesting and lively for people to keep coming back I also bet if you asked everyone that has seen the parade most of them would say to keep it. I have never seen the electrical parade so I can't really comment on it. Some things (like spectro magic) should not be rid of completely!! Seeing that parade at the end of the day just completely makes the entire trip! I believe that something like that is almost as important as expecting to see the castle everyday.. you know they would not cover up the whole castle because people are there to see it!

darthmacho
05-26-2011, 07:31 AM
While I hope to see Spectro again someday myself, I also prefer MSEP. It is colorful, whimsical, and I love the music too.

Ian
05-26-2011, 07:42 AM
I'd say this is a matter of personal opinion, because I actually prefer MSEP to Spectro. I mean, I love Spectro, but MSEP is classic to me.

To each his or her own.

RBrooksC
05-26-2011, 02:44 PM
The MSEP is classic Disney Parks. It is a little disingenuous to say it looks like it is just slapped together. That parade was been around since the early 70s.

I just watched it last Saturday from just in front of the castle. I found it fun, the music enjoyable and the characters VERY easy to see and hear.

I would guess, like Captain Eo *shiver*, it will be around for a while until a new parade is ready. I would almost bet Spectromagic isn't being rehabed as much as being replaced.

BrowncatP
05-26-2011, 03:45 PM
I have seen both, and like the "Main Street "Electrical Parade much more than Spectromagic.

DisneyorBust
05-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Last September we returned to WDW and planned an evening in the Magic Kingdom to experience the MSEP. Long story short, DW and I didn't make it much more than half way thru the parade. Not for us at all, but like others have said "to each their own".
WDW management has to keep things fresh/interesting for return visitors and I'm glad that they brought back a classic parade, especially for those who experienced it years ago and get to enjoy it again. That being said, I'm hoping for the return of Spectromagic. Hopefully it will be back by September. (he say's selfishly :D)!

Sylvia
05-27-2011, 12:33 PM
I'd say this is a matter of personal opinion, because I actually prefer MSEP to Spectro. I mean, I love Spectro, but MSEP is classic to me.

To each his or her own.
:ditto:

I was at DL during the "Farewell Year" of the MSEP (I even purchased several of the lights which were sold for charity.) and I was glad to see it come back. I love SpectroMagic, yes even those spinning "guys" at the beginning of the parade, but there's something special about MSEP.

Goes4FastPass
05-27-2011, 03:59 PM
The MSEP looks mighty tired these days considering what’s possible with current technology.

I like to see an all new nighttime MK parade that includes Disney images and characters from the past and the present.

When MSEP was introduced it was dazzling and unique.

Now it’s more tired than terrific.