PDA

View Full Version : When to buy park tickets?

aahern
05-16-2011, 10:55 AM
Is there any advantage to buying tickets online ahead of time? Or is it just as easy to buy them at the entrance to the park?

faline
05-16-2011, 11:12 AM
Typically, Disney has raised ticket prices around the beginning of August so the only possible advantge would be to buy at today's price instead of at an increased price.

Buttercup
05-16-2011, 11:23 AM
I'd buy them online for many reasons: you can often find slightly less expensive tickets, you don't have to wait in a line (which are sometimes long at the park gates) to buy tickets, and, if prices have increased as they usually do in August, you've taken advantage of the lower cost!

PETE FROM NYC
05-16-2011, 04:01 PM
As a member of AAA, I can purchase my tickets at a slight discount ahead of time at the local AAA office.

Wright46
05-17-2011, 09:30 AM
I lost a multiday ticket one time halfway through my trip but, because I bought it with a credit card they were able to reissue me a new ticket. I bought the ticket at the park but I'm guessing if I had bought it online, they would have been able to do the same thing for me.

Its because of this reason that I don't buy through AAA or any other discount places and I don't pay with cash. Could have been a real downer to the trip.

brivers222
05-19-2011, 11:30 AM
plenty of places have discounted tickets... sign up with [reference deleted per terms of service] free online newsletter... they send it out on the 15th every month and there are links to discounted prices... you can save a few bucks off gate prices. Often they have sales like buy 3 days get 2 free... so you are buying a 3 day pass and getting a 5 day.

I would recommend when you get your tickets (no matter where) you take a picture of the back barcode and numbers... that way if lost you can show guest services your picture and they can reissue you your tickets.

Hog
05-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Last year we bought our tickets from the disney store, but first we bought gift cards from a local grocery store (Giant Eagle) which gives you 10 cents off every gallon of gas for each $50 dollars spent on gift cards. But at the time it was double fuelperks so we got 20 cents off a gallon and got 3 free fillups on gas. I don't know if anyone offers that where you live...

brivers222
05-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Last year we bought our tickets from the disney store, but first we bought gift cards from a local grocery store (Giant Eagle) which gives you 10 cents off every gallon of gas for each $50 dollars spent on gift cards. But at the time it was double fuelperks so we got 20 cents off a gallon and got 3 free fillups on gas. I don't know if anyone offers that where you live...

Thats brilliant! I believe our Kroger does that with shell gas. Now can I use those gift cards i buy at kroger to pay off parts of my disney package??

or wait, is this a DISNEY STORE only gift card or a WALT DISNEY WORLD resort gift card? that might make a huge difference lol

rkmemkc
05-20-2011, 11:50 AM
plenty of places have discounted tickets... sign up with [terms of service] free online newsletter... they send it out on the 15th every month and there are links to discounted prices... you can save a few bucks off gate prices. Often they have sales like buy 3 days get 2 free... so you are buying a 3 day pass and getting a 5 day.

I would recommend when you get your tickets (no matter where) you take a picture of the back barcode and numbers... that way if lost you can show guest services your picture and they can reissue you your tickets.

I do exactly this! Excellent information at [terms of service]. Another vote from me! :mickey:

Hog
05-20-2011, 02:53 PM
or wait, is this a DISNEY STORE only gift card or a WALT DISNEY WORLD resort gift card? that might make a huge difference lol

i don't remember but i think they are Walt disney world resort cards...