PDA

View Full Version : POR v. Caribbean Beach

KAT1811
05-16-2011, 08:58 AM
Our favorite moderate resort is Coronado Springs by far but as of right now they are not showing any availability for the dates we are looking for. They typically open up as conventioneers have large blocks of rooms booked and often cancel a little closer to travel dates so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. (Right now we are planning on staying at OKW depending on what specials they release for the fall)

But . . . I want to be prepared in case we need to choose another resort. We are a family of 8 in total (DH, myself, our 4 children, and my parents). We'll do two connecting rooms. One of the reasons we like OKW and CSR is that they are so quiet and the busses are not crazy busy.

Our youngest is 2 (2 1/2 at travel time). We stayed at CBR a very long time ago and I know they did the resort pool over. Did they make it zero entry? That would be a big help with DS2.

Any pros and cons would be appreciated. We have 5 other family members staying at POR (we are a group of 20 for most of the trip 26 at our largest). I am thinking that we may be better off staying elsewhere giving us all a little "alone time".

I'm deferring to the experts here. . .

:thanks:

Wrigley
05-16-2011, 11:08 AM
We have stayed at CBR several times, and we really enjoy the resort. The pool is amazing since they have redone it. It is zero entry, which is great for the little ones, and there is a pirate ship water play area as well with little slides and spraying water. We love the food court-something for everyone. We just love the overall theme of the resort!:mickey:

Buttercup
05-16-2011, 11:22 AM
I've stayed at POR and CBR. I prefer CBR myself. Yes, it's a large resort, but we've stayed at Fort Wilderness many times (a huge resort) so we didn't find CBR to be too large to handle.
I enjoyed staying at CBR because you can see Epcot fireworks every night from your room, there are lovely white sand beaches everywhere with hammocks, and I enjoyed the food court more than the POR one.
POR is nice too, absolutely nothing wrong with it, but I prefer CBR.

RAIDER
05-17-2011, 03:23 AM
CBR for me ,i love the atmosphere and the background music and its so colourful as well as its location :thumbsup:

yjgirl32
05-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Ditto- love CBR, but I am a beach lover.

darthmacho
05-17-2011, 01:37 PM
We LOVED POR, and it's a toss-up whether I'd choose to stay there a second time, or give CBR a try on our next visit. I agree that CSR is a great moderate, and I LOVED our stay there in 1999 as well.
Good luck. I don't think you could go wrong with any moderate resort, they all are very good quality. :mickey:

Inside The Magic
05-21-2011, 02:31 PM
They are all great. As you said the two you've been to were wonderful. I vote try something new.

hauntedmansiongirl
05-23-2011, 05:43 AM
We love POR and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again (we've been a few times now). We love the food court, Riverside Mill- except that it is crazy crowded in the morning! The landscaping is very lush and there are many walking trails and lots of wildlife. Oh- and the boat ride to downtown Disney is pretty fun and you get to see the Saratoga Springs treehouse villas!

The only thing that would concern me now is that they are going to start renovating- not sure when that will begin and if it will be noisy.

One other thing to consider is that the buses are very busy and sometimes you have to wait a half hour or more at park closing. We just try to take it easy and go with the flow.

Hope this helps at least a little bit!!! :mickey:

pianobabe
05-23-2011, 03:06 PM
We stayed at CBR several years ago and loved the atmosphere. We would love to stay there again sometime. It was a little more spread out than we were use to (previous stays at that point had only been values), but by the end of the trip we found ourselves enjoying being able to explore the grounds while walking to the food court.

KatrinaJ91
05-24-2011, 09:07 PM
We have stayed at POR several times and love it! The food court is amazing and the atmosphere cannot be beat! If you like going to Downtown Disney, the boat makes it so easy and relaxing. We never had any problems with the bus system or anything really!! The little hotel bar with Bob Jackson performing is so much fun for everyone.

CanadaLovesDisney
05-24-2011, 09:17 PM
CBR all the way! But I cannot speak for a larger party experience. Now I do know that if you don't like walking you might find this resort a challenge. Our group enjoys the walking because we need to burn calories from all the ice-cream! That would be the only barrier to this resort!

Silver_Surfer
05-25-2011, 11:00 AM
CBR!

CBR here I come in two days. Oh Boy!:mickey:

Mickey91
05-29-2011, 11:33 PM
I enjoyed both. But, our stay at CBR was tainted by the fact that our room was situated right next to a smoking area and we had to walk through it every time we came and went. :sick: POR is extremely relaxing...both are very nice.

finaldynasty
05-30-2011, 10:27 AM
POR is quiet, has great pools and solid resturants. We love this resort.