PDA

View Full Version : WWYD about planning park days?

Narawen
05-15-2011, 06:19 PM
My mom and I are going to WDW in December and our park days are Dec 12-15. We're not doing MVMCP so our MK choices are the 12th (MK has PM EMH until 11pm) or 15th (MK has AM EMH ). We also want to do EPCOT AM EMH (on the 13th). It's our tradition to book CP breakfast at MK before park opening to get good castle pics and start our day with Pooh and the gang.Mom and I both agree that we can't do MK PM EMH back-to-back with EPCOT AM EMH (we'd basically get 6 hours of sleep and would be going full-force the next day with no time for a break because of our EPCOT TP). That said, would you:

Option 1: Go to MK on AM EMH day, change CP from traditional pre-opening breakfast to a lunchtime break. Additional cost: $8 to upgrade CP from breakfast to lunch. Pro: get to take advantage of EMH and try new food at CP. Con: would lose valuable afternoon park time.

Option 2: Go to MK on AM EMH day, eat CS all day, go to MK on morning of departure for CP breakfast and any missed rides/characters (we'd have maybe 1.5-2 hours to tour after breakfast before heading back to the hotel for DME). With this option, we'd ditch 1900 PF, which is our current breakfast plan for departure day. We could meet Alice and Mary Poppins in the park (Pooh and Tigger will be at CP). Additional cost: $8.42 to add a day to each of our tickets. Pro: Keep maximum park time on Main MK day, and get additional park time next day. Con: Would lose breakfast at 1900 PF.

Option 3: Go to MK on PM EMH night, sleep in the next day, missing EPCOT AM EMH. Go to DHS on a Fantasmic night (MK AM EMH day). Pro: Get to stay late at MK and see Fantasmic later in the week. Con: Miss Character Palooza at DHS, and miss EPCOT prime touring time during the AM.

sorry if this is way too long, but I'm a super-obsessive planner and trying to get my days finalized so I can figure out what times to make our ADRs in a month.

Pop Centurion
05-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Why not go to MK during the AM EMH & get in as many rides & photos as you can but leave yourself enough time to still eat breakfast at CP a little later. It's slightly off tradition but still close.

LisaP
05-16-2011, 02:54 PM
I can certainly appreciate your obsessive-compulsive planning techniques :blush:

I would personally vote for option 2. If the only con is that you miss breakfast at 1900 Park Faire, I would not cry over it.

Almost all of our ADRs were character breakfasts during our trip a few weeks ago. I must say 1900 Park Faire was my least favorite. And character meal breakfasts all serve the same fare, so I won't be planning that way again.

Have a great trip :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-16-2011, 03:42 PM
I vote for Option #2........

mouse2508
05-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Why not go to MK during the AM EMH & get in as many rides & photos as you can but leave yourself enough time to still eat breakfast at CP a little later. It's slightly off tradition but still close.

I like this option as well, because typically AMs @ MK (esp if EMH) typically are busier, so I'm thinking a coffee and muffin/fruit for quick boost, getting rides/pix completed, then full bellies at CP :D

spoiledraf
05-22-2011, 06:53 AM
Personally, this time around I scrapped the planning. Nobody wanted to give me any input so we have 2 ADRs and the rest will likely be counter service. No matter what you do, have a great time!

77 days to :mickey:

hauntedmansiongirl
05-23-2011, 06:25 AM
If I were you, I would think outside the box and go with Option 3. Statistically the park with the am emh is the busiest, which would lengthen your ride wait times. And the MK all lit up at night is amazing! We have found that usually an hour into the emh most people have left and we can pretty walk onto every ride. And some of the rides are better at night- HM (being in the line outside in the dark is so fun!), PoC (don't know why but it is) and the JC (so-so during the day, awesome at night!!). We also love the People Mover at night (I will forever call it the TTA!).

For some reason, other than TT and Soarin', the wait lines at Epcot never seem to be as long, so I wouldn't worry too much about missing the morning emh. You'll still have plenty of time to do everything that you want.

Have a great time and don't stress too much!!! :mickey: