PDA

View Full Version : Swan ?

TinkerbellsMom
05-15-2011, 04:29 PM
Hi,

We have a trip planned this September and are thinking of staying at the Swan. Our previous trips have been to AKL, POFQ, and Wilderness. I would love to hear the pros/cons about this property. I am aware that there is no magical express.

What is best way to get to Universal from the Swan?

Also, any reports from recent experiences with a town car service from MCO would be appreciated as well.

Thanks for all your help.

Jillirose
05-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Just back from a stay at he Dolphin in February. Quicksilver was excellent with service and it was a fast commute, with a quick stop at Publix for snacks, water, and breakfast foods. We thought the $99 price round trip was a good one. And, we got picked up by an Escalade which was an upgrade from what we had paid for.

We really enjoyed the Dolphin. The location is terrific and there were many great food options. We splurged and got a balcony view of Epcot, and could see the fireworks every night. All in all, great value.

PROS
price
pools
heavenly beds
customer service
food options

CONS
not disney themed
very large

BugeyedMuggy
05-16-2011, 09:44 AM
We have stayed at the Dolphin also. There is no ME but Quicksilver is the way to go. We use them even if we are staying at a Disney resort. For a deluxe you can't beat the price. The location to Studios & Epcot is so convenient. Great places to eat (Bluezoo is our fav) and the food court is open 24 hrs. There are lots of pools and a beach, very spread out for relaxation.