PDA

View Full Version : citywalk?

Kathy Jetson
05-15-2011, 03:38 AM
Are there stores or resteraunts at Citywalk that are neat for kids? We won't be drinking. Just looking for fun stuff to look at like at DTD.

WDWFanatic
05-15-2011, 07:47 AM
How old and what gender are your kids? On our recent visit to Universal we ate at the NBA Place and Jimmy Buffets. It seems like most of the restaurants have some kind of a theme, so yes, I think most children would enjoy it. We found the food to be acceptable, not outstanding. Probably like most of your local chains.

I'm sure you will find some to your liking. Have a great trip!

rkmemkc
05-15-2011, 10:51 AM
When you walk into CityWalk it is larger than life with the big buildings and wide open space. There is lots to take in and my kids enjoy it. Walking around and checking out the many stores is nice, they can grab an ice cream cone or splash in an area where the water shoots out of the sidewalk. Overall I include it in our trips just for something different. Just my 2 cents...have a great trip!!
:mickey:

NJGIRL
05-15-2011, 11:24 AM
Jimmy Buffet was alot of fun. Teenagers like the Hard Rock Cafe. Food was very good at Pastamore.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-15-2011, 03:34 PM
My DD liked the Nascar Cafe. There is lots to choose from, but most of the places give kids lot to look at.

Kathy Jetson
05-15-2011, 03:36 PM
Thank you everyone! Ds is 7yrs old. I don't know now if we will be eating there. Are there cool stores like they have at DTD?

magicalmom
05-15-2011, 07:56 PM
Citywalk is edgier than DTD - my teen-girls love it. They still enjoy DTD for memories, for Disney shopping, for watermice, but I think they feel Citywalk is a better fit for them. Margaritaville offers clowns on stilts twisting balloons, and kids can have their picture made with parrots. All Hard Rock Cafe restaurants feel alike to me, but a young boy might like NASCAR or NBA.

mickeyman42
05-21-2011, 08:05 AM
I have a silly question about citywalk. Does it require any kind of admisson, hotel stay, etc or is it just like DTD where you can go, independant of park passes or hotels and eat, shop, browse? I would kinda like to check it out

WDWfanatic742
05-21-2011, 08:51 AM
It's just like DTD except you have to pay to park at the parking garages. Then walk (forever it seems), to get to the entrance of Citywalk.

I like Citywalk more than DTD too. It has a nice Floridian atmosphere, more than DTD which just feels generic to me.

NJGIRL
05-21-2011, 02:22 PM
I like Citywalk more than DTD too. It has a nice Floridian atmosphere, more than DTD which just feels generic to me.

I feel the same way.