PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary observation deck?

Kathy Jetson
05-15-2011, 03:32 AM
I read on 2 other threads about people going to the Contemporary and going to the observation deck at California Grill can anyone go there or do you need to eat at the resteraunt?

buzznwoodysmom
05-15-2011, 08:29 AM
From everything I've read in the past you have to be eating at California Grill to use the observation deck. We ate here in March and when you check in there is a CM that takes you up the elevator to the restaurant.

mouseketeer mom
05-15-2011, 08:32 AM
You have to eat here to go on the deck. I have some pics posted on my trip report that is running right now if you want to see the view. You don't have to book a full dinner though. You can book just for dessert at late night if you want and sit at the counter where they are preparing food. You can still have use of observation deck.

steamboat willy
05-15-2011, 08:33 AM
We have gone there just for a drink :marg:and gone outside, restaurant side gives you the Magic Kingdom and Seven Seas Lagoon/Polynesian view, back side gives you Bay Lake, old Discovery Island and Ft. Wilderness lights. Both views are awesome. :thumbsup:

VWL Mom
05-15-2011, 09:45 AM
There is also a viewing deck on the 4th floor of the CR which is open to everyone.

MinnieMommie
05-15-2011, 10:53 AM
The 4th Fl observation deck is nice. It has some seating and good sound. Nice place to catch the fireworks. :mickey:

Kathy Jetson
05-15-2011, 03:31 PM
Thank you everyone! I think we will check out the 4th fl deck I didn't know it was there.

Kathy Jetson
05-15-2011, 03:32 PM
You have to eat here to go on the deck. I have some pics posted on my trip report that is running right now if you want to see the view. You don't have to book a full dinner though. You can book just for dessert at late night if you want and sit at the counter where they are preparing food. You can still have use of observation deck.

I will check out your tr:thumbsup:

ThanxForNoticin
05-16-2011, 12:32 PM
I just noticed the 4th-floor observation deck for the first time on our last trip. We stayed at BLT and saw it when walking across the bridge to CR. Has that observation area been there awhile, or was it perhaps part of the construction project with BLT? I just never saw it before.

faline
05-16-2011, 12:36 PM
I just noticed the 4th-floor observation deck for the first time on our last trip. We stayed at BLT and saw it when walking across the bridge to CR. Has that observation area been there awhile, or was it perhaps part of the construction project with BLT? I just never saw it before.

It's been there for a while. When the announced that they would no longer allow all comers to the decks at the top, they announced the 4th floor area as an alternative. From what I can see, though, it is pretty sparsely used.