PDA

View Full Version : Akl?

Kathy Jetson
05-15-2011, 02:20 AM
We will be resort hopping to AKL. We plan to have lunch at Mara and see the animals. Is there anything else I shouldn't miss or that I should look for? I have a 7 yr old son.:mickey:

DizneyRox
05-15-2011, 09:18 AM
Head over to Kidani, I think the animal viewing is better over there. It's not an awe inspiring as Jambo House, but still a great lobby and the grounds are really filling in nicely.

Kathy Jetson
05-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the tip I'll do that:thumbsup:

DizneyRox
05-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Actually, I forgot, you might want to head over earlier in your vacation and look at the weekly activites. AKL does A LOT of things geared towards kids, etc. I never really noticed it at other resorts, but they are pretty good at advertising it there. You can probably make a day out of AKL to be honest.

For example, one day last year we were walking by the Jambo House pool and they had a table set up for the kids to make picture frames. 100% free, all kinds of animal stickers, and markers, etc to make a neat little momento of the resort. Was witness to a parade or two in the lobby at Kidani and some other neat stuff that people like. Nighttime around the firepits is nice and animal viewing with Night Vision goggles is a hit as well.

Really, all day is a possibility...

Kathy Jetson
05-18-2011, 12:19 AM
Thank you! I was planning on 2-3hrs. I also wanted to go ride the monorail loop and watch the fireworks and EWP from the beach at the Poly. But if we are having fun maybe we'll stay longer:mickey: