PDA

View Full Version : 4 Additional Questions!

LovinWDW
05-15-2011, 01:06 AM
I'm really having a great time reading all of your responses to the previous 4 (4 question posts) Here is another one. I'm always interested in what items people purchase while at WDW. So............
1. Is there a single item you buy on each and every visit?
2. What, if any, small souvenirs do you buy while at WDW?
3. What was the strangest item you ever purchased at WDW?
4. What was the most expensive item you ever purchased while at WDW?

Here are my responses...
1. Used to be the pins but my daughters have now moved on to the vinylmations.
2. We seem to do a lot of magnets for our frig.
3. Worst purchase ever! My wife bought 2 flutelike musical instruments for our 2 daughters at the store in AKL. It was the first night of a 14 night trip. Do you know how many time we tried to hide them?
4. We have a few of the limited hand painted cells which we purchased in HS. We really like the cells that feature any of the rides in WDW.

Have fun....

CanadaLovesDisney
05-15-2011, 02:42 AM
Good question!!

1) we have to buy fudge to bring home from the confectionary! Always!!!
2) we always buy tons and tons of themed pens. Princess pens...jack skellington pens...etc!
3) believe it or not one person in our party scratched his eye and it hurt to look around in the sunlight. in the pirates gift shop we bought him an eye patch with a skull and he wore it the rest of the trip!
4) most expensive is hard... We like the photos of us on the rides and tons of photo pass prints can add up!!!

catkrazy
05-15-2011, 09:07 AM
1. I come home with a bunch of Mickey shaped chocolate rice krispy treats!! They are the one thing I never go to Disney without having.
2. I always bring home pens, weird I know but I love esp the Hello Kitty ones in Japan and the ones with Marie on them.
3. Not sure if it was meant as a skirt or a headpiece but it was a black cloth like thing with golden coins all around the sides in Morocco. Never wore it or did anything with it after trip.
4. Would have to be the two Dooney & Bourke sketch bags I bought. I have one large on and a small pink one.

crltkcagle
05-15-2011, 09:21 AM
1. Is there a single item you buy on each and every visit? Yes a few actually. Pins, a picture frame and an ornament with the current year on it.
2. What, if any, small souvenirs do you buy while at WDW? the only small items i buy are pins

3. What was the strangest item you ever purchased at WDW? diapers! LOL I ran out while we were there and thankfully the hotel sold them.
4. What was the most expensive item you ever purchased while at WDW? Our family crest from Liberty Square.

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
05-15-2011, 09:46 AM
1. Lately, we always buy pins, and my wife loves the chocolate covered pretzels.

2. Pins

3. Our last trip the airlines lost our luggage. So we had to buy toothbrushes. Which reminds me, do they really need to sell condoms at WDW?

4. The most expensive would be a monorail toy. Actually, JohnY and Intercot paid for it from the contest I won on here.

alaMode
05-15-2011, 10:04 AM
We always buy a balloon (last time it was a ginormous princess balloon that drove me crazy all weekend!) and an autograph book (usually the classic blue one, but occasionally a fancier one with photo pages).

We usually collect all the stickers CMs give my son and he takes them to school when we return.

My son wanted a light-up spinner toy (Buzz, Cinderella, Mickey, etc.) every time we went to WDW. Once we got home, he forgot all about it. We began quite a collection before we realized we should start recycling them from trip to trip.

We don't spend too much on souvenirs, so the "on the ride" photos we've bought over the years are probably the most we've spent on one thing.

hokies4life
05-15-2011, 10:40 AM
An ornament with the year on it

magnets, shot glasses, or keychains

Probably some of the candy we've gotten in Japan. It looked good on the package but tasted disgusting.

Haven't been able to buy anything too expensive yet being a student and all, but I did spring for a white gold setting for my black pearl I got. I really want a D&B bag and a few of the larger figurines. Maybe when I save up some money and we go on our honeymoon in the Fall.

disneymomma2010
05-15-2011, 10:48 AM
1. Mickey balloons
2. Keychains and pressed coins
3. A goofy hat, literally of goofy's head, not very stylish!
4. Probably the photos from the rides

Basket Mommy
05-15-2011, 12:27 PM

(1) We usually buy pins or t-shirts on every trip.

(2) I usually buy pins, which are pretty cheap (to me) and a writing utensil of some sort. This last trip I bought a new mouse pad, because I needed one!

(3) Strangest item - gigantic dinosaur from Animal Kingdom. My son just had to have it! He carried it on the plane when we flew home and he got a lot of funny looks. The dino was almost as big as he was.

2nd strangest - a "Walk Around the World" brick for $75. We didn't get to take it home, though. It's still near the MK. We bought it in 1996 when we were on our honeymoon. In 2002, our first trip back after honeymooning, we found the brick on the walkway to the GF. The kids ask about it every time we enter MK because they see bricks just like it!

(4) The most expensive item was from the Lego store when we were there earlier this month. I had told our boys they could spend $25 each there, but when their dad took them in (while I did World of Disney with the girls) he let them pick a $250 Star Wars Lego set to share (it was the 4th, which is Star Wars day, so all Star Wars sets were on sale). I was flabbergasted, but my hubby is a big kid at heart, so I wasn't surprised!

RAIDER
05-15-2011, 01:50 PM
1 It has to be Christmas Decorations
2 Fridge Magnets
3 A puppet Beaver from Canada land ( dont ask ) :D :blush:
4 DVC :D

JasonH
05-15-2011, 04:56 PM
1. Is there a single item you buy on each and every visit? Always have to buy new pins. :D Aside from that though, I have started looking into buying wines from the different countries on each trip now (very small collection at this point). So far I have only 3 icewines, one from Germany, 2 from Canada (different wineries of course).

2. What, if any, small souvenirs do you buy while at WDW? Again, always buy new pins.

3. What was the strangest item you ever purchased at WDW? The Haunted Mansion top hat complete with bat wings on the sides, white hair attached around the back half of the inside rim and glow in the dark HM wallpaper faces. :hmghost: But I will also mention of a small plaque I had bought many years ago from the Main Street Magic Shop (it used to connect to the Penny Arcade). The Disney price sticker is still on the back of it to this day. It's nothing really Disney whatsoever since it's just a vulture perched on a dead branch, 2 bones making an X underneath him and the framing is reminiscent of Victorian looking.....Did I mention the whole plaque glows in the dark or under blacklight conditions?

4. What was the most expensive item you ever purchased while at WDW? This is an easy one. I bought a framed autographed picture of Sean Bean as he appeared in LOTR. That was a couple hundred bucks right there. I've also bought 2 swords from MK (separate occasions) back before they would have to mail it to you instead of you taking it with you or having it sent to your room. The looks I had with the smaller one and carrying it with me from the Castle to the bus. It was a cardboard box with a vinyl tape type of handle. Most people kind of got out of my way for some reason. :rotfl:

KatrinaJ91
05-15-2011, 07:43 PM
[QUOTE=JasonH;2169982]1. Is there a single item you buy on each and every visit? Always have to buy new pins. :D Aside from that though, I have started looking into buying wines from the different countries on each trip now (very small collection at this point). So far I have only 3 icewines, one from Germany, 2 from Canada (different wineries of course).

Do you get them home? I tried to do the same thing once, but they all seemed to disappear before we left! :secret:

princessfigment
05-15-2011, 07:47 PM
1.Pins I just absolutly LOVE them
2.Pns, I'm obssed
3.These chinese ribbon sand bag things
4.It was not something i bought but for my 11 birthday from my parents I got a glass sliper, a crown and a certificat signed by princess aurora:princess:

KatrinaJ91
05-15-2011, 07:54 PM
We have many items that we buy every trip, but we always have to get a cookie from the bakery on Main Street!

We buy a new magnet every time...we get them no matter where we go. At Disney, we try to get the dated ones to remember each trip every time we get into the extra freezer!

I had to buy Swimmer's Ear medicine once for my daughter after too much time at the pool!

Sunscreen! Well, it wasn't the most expensive, but the most expensive compared to what it cost elsewhere!! The bad thing was that we did have some, but forgot it in the room.

Bellerella
05-15-2011, 10:50 PM

1. Clothing! I have to get a new shirt and hoodie every year, so I can brag about my trip where ever I go! Also, I have to buy a new xmas ornament every year. :mickey:

2. Pins for my collection and charms for my bracelet

3. I don't think I have bought anything strange... I will go with a bag of cotton candy a day while on the trip!

4. Currently, probably a $60 hoodie. However, I am saving up to buy a Dooney & Bourke purse for my next trip!

tmz814
05-15-2011, 11:30 PM

1. I usually buy a new shirt or hoodie. I have to buy a few pins and a new vinylmation. I also have to buy a Dole Whip in MK.

2. Usually pins and key chains.

3. I don't know if I've ever bought anything really strange, but I did get a kermit the frog hat in Hollywood Studios when I went in February! :-)

4. A Dooney & Burke bag. <3 Hoping to buy a new one when I head down for Memorial Day Weekend. :-)

:mickey:

ransam
05-16-2011, 12:30 AM
1. Is there a single item you buy on each and every visit? I always buy a couple frozen banannas during the trip. i always buy a pin or two. and calender....

2. What, if any, small souvenirs do you buy while at WDW? i buy a calender. i also always buy a mug.

3. What was the strangest item you ever purchased at WDW? strangest? that's a hard question. It's not strange...but one item sticks out. we flew in one night and it was so cold. we went to eat, but our luggage wasn't there. I was so cold i bought a sweat shirt. I dind't want to buy it, but i had to. so i bought the cheapest one. it was bright orange....not really my favorite.

4. What was the most expensive item you ever purchased while at WDW?i don't buy a lot of expensive items. usually a lot of small ones. But it would probably be a jacket or something like that.

jnfr2424
05-16-2011, 03:23 AM
1. The single thing I buy are magnets half of my refrigerator are Disney magnets

2. Pins especially limited editions ones for AP/DVC ones

3. A Barbie doll in Downtown Disney back in the 90's

4. DVC on Thanksgiving day 2009 for BLT

yjgirl32
05-16-2011, 09:02 AM
Stuffed animals- ds7 is obsessed with them. Me an ornament with the year.
magnets
Not sure- maybe the 35 antenna toppers for all my family members that wanted various ones.
I believe it was my ds's sweatshirt/jacket

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-16-2011, 09:50 AM
1. There are several items I buy every trip-year mugs, ornaments, wine, t-shirts and aprons
2. Smallest items was probably a pair of tinkerbell earrings
3. Strangest item-socks-I packed my suitcase the night before we left and put it in the car and left out my clothes for the next day. I forgot to leave out socks but didn't want to unpack everything so I bought socks at the gift shop
4. Most expensive-A sword in the China pavilion that my son asked wanted for Christmas

princessjojo
05-16-2011, 10:27 AM
Usually we all get t-shirts and I always get a new christmas ornament

That would be the christmas ornament

The strangest ornament isn't really strange, but isn't something I have ever really wanted to buy was during our Easter trip and it got really cold and windy. Everyone was prepared except me so I had to buy a jacket. Don't think I've worn it since.

DVC was the most expensive purchase by far, but this year I hope to get new charms for my bracelet.

Dulcee
05-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Loving these threads!

New Car Toppers for my Mom
As a child I always bought stuffed animals, now I really don't buy much for myself. I tend to focus on gifts for people.
Hmmm, honestly I can't think of anything strange. We mailed a coconut home one year so maybe that.
4. What was the most expensive item you ever purchased while at WDW?One year as a teen I spent all of my spending money on a single pearl necklace from Japan. I still wear and adore it today so it was well wort the price.

BWayGrl
05-16-2011, 12:21 PM
A photo album that has the year printed on it. I now have about 15 of them lined up on a shelf in my closet :blush: It's like a cataloging system for my pictures!

Usually pins or keychains for my brother (we haven't been on a Disney trip together since '07) and a mug for my dad and step-mom.

When the old magic shop used to be on Main Street, I bought a deck of trick cards, and my brother bought this stuff called Magic Gel, which was a powder that turned water into gel when you mixed them together.

My mom and I got our picture put on a Leave a Legacy tile in Epcot. I think it was about $70. I know a lot of people are haters of the exhibit, but I like it! It feels like there's a little part of us there even when we're not.

darthmacho
05-16-2011, 05:18 PM
A new Wilderness Lodge t-shirt!!!!! Also, a calendar, photo albums, keychains, fridge magnets, and CDs.

Keychains and magnets qualify?

Strange? Can't think of anything...

Probably the Wilderness Lodge print...? We tend to buy lots of little things rather than one expensive item.

TheVBs
05-17-2011, 10:21 AM
Items we buy every visit: ride pictures, t-shirts, potato head parts, and pins

Small souvenirs: the pins, and little goodies I buy to give the girls on the trip home to make things go a little more smoothly

Strangest item: can't think of one

Most expensive: a Tinker Bell figurine with swarovski crystals

minnie-mouse
05-17-2011, 11:05 AM
I always have to buy a new picture frame so I can frame one of my pics from the visit. Also, I love picking up a new magnet for my fridge and a new key chain. We like our DDs to pick out a couple of new charms for their chamr bracelets that reflect each visit as well. I don't usually buy any souveniors that are really expensive except maybe a few new stuffed animals for my DDs, those can be pricey.

disneybelle93
05-17-2011, 11:08 AM
1. Pins and Vinylmation. I spend so much money on vinlymation alone :blush:
2. Probably pins
3. I'm a huge Beauty and the Beast collector, so I bought a giant statue of Belle and Beast in their formal wear. I love it :)
4. Definitely a painting of Belle by Paige O'Hara, the voice of Belle in the movie. So worth it though :cloud9:

barnaby
05-17-2011, 12:17 PM
1. Is there a single item you buy on each and every visit? T-shirts, varying one from attractions to the general parks shirts
2. What, if any, small souvenirs do you buy while at WDW? Picture frame magnets for the fridge
3. What was the strangest item you ever purchased at WDW? Can't think of anything
4. What was the most expensive item you ever purchased while at WDW? Never bought anything that expensive so I have to say pictures from attractions

BrerGnat
05-17-2011, 12:29 PM

1. An Epcot t-shirt. Every time.
2. Postcards for my kids. They hang them by their beds. Also, a pin from the resort we are staying at.
3. A Mickey bottle opener. Never thought we'd need one on vacation...
4. Technically, our WDW wedding. We paid Disney $10,500 for that one. ;)

Pop Centurion
05-17-2011, 10:17 PM
1. We always buy a pin with the year on it.
2. Again pins. We always buy a few that really are cool without going overboard.
3. Hmmm, probably a character back scratcher (no, not the drink at 'Ohana. LOL!)
4. Dinner..... just kidding. We bought a leather Mickey backpack in '99. Very well made & still in great shape but we retired it for something that has more room. Wish they still made good backpacks like that at WDW.