PDA

View Full Version : Disney Summer Camp

jenash10
05-14-2011, 02:59 PM
I've asked this question before (2 years ago), but thought I might get a few more responses. Does Disney run any summer camps? If not, why not? they certainly have the experience in developing creative environments for kids. I would love to send my boys to a camp similar to the Triple R and I'm a huge fan of The Parent Trap (the original) and think that a camp similar to Camp Inch would be a huge success. One of my most memorable summers was spent at a 3 week summer camp similar to CI.

Thanks!
Jen

Strmchsr
05-14-2011, 06:07 PM
No summer camps, but Disney does run a variety of educational experiences for youth. You can check it out here (http://www.disneyyouth.com/).

snowflakegirl
05-14-2011, 11:36 PM
I think it was one of the Youth Programs mentioned above, but last summer when we were doing a backstage tour at the Animal Kingdom they were running something for kids. The woman who was leading our group said it was a summer program for kids. I can't remember how she described it now, but I remember thinking that I'd love to have been able to do something like that when I was young enough.

AutumnG
01-30-2013, 05:44 PM
Disney does offer camps through the Walt Disney Family Museum. Click the link below and look at what they now offer:

[removed outside link]

brownie
01-30-2013, 09:08 PM
Disney does offer camps through the Walt Disney Family Museum. Click the link below and look at what they now offer:

[removed outside link]

:welcome:

AutumnG, welcome to INTERCOT!

The Walt Disney Family Museum isn't part of The Walt Disney Company, so the summer camps offered by the Walt Disney Family Museum aren't offered by Disney.

Katzateer
01-31-2013, 09:27 AM
I've asked this question before (2 years ago), but thought I might get a few more responses. Does Disney run any summer camps? If not, why not? they certainly have the experience in developing creative environments for kids. I would love to send my boys to a camp similar to the Triple R and I'm a huge fan of The Parent Trap (the original) and think that a camp similar to Camp Inch would be a huge success. One of my most memorable summers was spent at a 3 week summer camp similar to CI.

Thanks!
Jen

Wouldn't that be fun - a camp based on Parent Trap movie! But probably would be more fun in the mountains near Disneyland! Loved the original movie when I was a kid!