PDA

View Full Version : How do I request a car online?

T-Belle
05-14-2011, 09:15 AM
My DD and I will be eating at Sci Fi Drive In for the first time on our trip this July. We had no problem getting the reservation online but there was no place to request a car. Do we ask for a car when we check in?

Disneyfun
05-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Never having actually eaten at Sci-Fi, it is my understanding that the non-car seating locations are primarily reserved for larger parties. Since it will be just you and your DD, I would say that your chances of being sat at a car-table would be astronomically good.

That being said, I would still confirm at the check-in podium when you arrive for your ADR.

Have fun!

buzznwoodysmom
05-14-2011, 10:32 AM
We've eaten at Sci Fi several times and have never requested a car. We've always been seated in one of the cars. There is no way to request it ahead of time, not that I know of. Just tell the CM when you are checking in that its your first time dining there and very important to you and your DD to be seated in a car. There are far more car booths than regular tables so getting a car shouldn't be a problem. Enjoy!

NJGIRL
05-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Actually anyone with an ADR will get a car. Picnic tables are given to walk in's. The exceptions can be very large parties. This is what I have been told by both reservations and the cast members at the SciFi. Just to be sure I always let them know when checking in we want a car, but I am always given the same explanation as I stated above.

A side note: if there are only two in your party you will be sharing a car with another party.

buzznwoodysmom
05-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Actually anyone with an ADR will get a car. Picnic tables are given to walk in's. The exceptions can be very large parties. This is what I have been told by both reservations and the cast members at the SciFi. Just to be sure I always let them know when checking in we want a car, but I am always given the same explanation as I stated above.

A side note: if there are only two in your party you will be sharing a car with another party.

My SIL has been seated at a table even with an ADR. We had an ADR for 5 at the same time as their ADR for 5 (two seperate ADRs just same time), we were seated in a car, they were seated at a table. So you most definitely can be seated at a table even with an ADR. Plus I've seen people turned away as walk ins so in that event someone with an ADR will be seated at these tables since no walkins will be seated at that time. They surely aren't going to leave tables empty.

T-Belle
05-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Thank you, my Disney friends, for all your help. I can always count on my Intercot buddies!

mouseketeer mom
05-14-2011, 08:22 PM
We were told directly that those with ADR's get a car.