PDA

View Full Version : Going single

ryca1dreams
05-14-2011, 09:00 AM
I know the question has been asked before about those who have gone to WDW alone. My questions about that are these:
- When you go alone, how long have you stayed?
- Do you stay on-site?
- Do you rush through because you can or do you really slow down to enjoy?

Just wondering.

22ridesandtheTOL
05-14-2011, 09:24 AM
When going to Disney World I try to carve out some time to be there by myself. I meet family and friends there, but love having 3 or 4 days by myself (total trip is usually 8 days) to just wander and do whatever I'd like. Then I can visit with a friend who lives in the area, go as slowly as I want through the park taking photos, and relax if I chose.

I stay on site and try to talk to as many strangers as possible in the parks and traveling between them. Those days on my own have always been amongst the most special and memorable ones.

Not everyone likes to be alone, and feelings about such things exist on a continuum. But I'm something of an introvert to begin with so it's as natural to travel in the parks and hotels alone in the World as it is to spend a nice quiet day at home in my PJs. :)

Goofeygal
05-14-2011, 10:16 AM
I did a solo trip once. I stayed for a week on property. I loved it. As much as I enjoy going with my husband it was nice solo. I took my time and got to enjoy alot of the shoping that hubby just doesn't get into. It really is enjoyable to go solo once in awhile. Take your time and take in the things you want when you want and as much time as you want. LOL get it it is all about you when you are solo.

disney obsessed
05-14-2011, 11:41 AM
It is fabulous. The longest I have stayed by myself is 4 days. Its a good get away without enough time to get lonely.
Absolutly stay on site. It is easy, safe and keeps you in the disney mood. All stars is great for this.
Finally, I both rushed through and did the slow crawl. Your alone. You can do WHAT YOU WANT, WHEN YOU WANT.:cloud9:

Cinderelley
05-15-2011, 01:22 AM
I don't remember how long my "alone" time wasy. I do remember it was spectacular though. I took my time and browsed through everything. I took pictures of all the animals on the Tree of Life. In fact, that was when I fell in love with Animal Kingdom. :D