faline
05-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Monday, May 2, 2011
Who: Gene & Me
Plan for the Day:
Check in Animal Kingdom Lodge
Magic Kingdom
Citrico’s for Dinner

As I write this, it is just before 6:30 in the morning. I’m tired but can’t seem to fall to sleep. We’ve been up since 2:45 and neither of us slept well prior to that. When the alarm sounded, we got up, dressed, finished our last minute packing and were on the road by 3:30 a.m. It was around 4 when we dropped our car in the off-airport lot. The shuttle picked up a number of other folks after we boarded so we were full by time we headed over the airport. Once we were dropped at the Jet Blue terminal, we headed to curbside check-in. However, there was a large family there already and it looked like it would take awhile to get them all checked in and get their luggage squared away so we changed course and headed inside. Since I had printed my boarding passes at home yesterday, we were able to enter the queue for those with boarding passes. Dropping off our checked bags only took a few minutes. Security was not particularly busy which is a good thing given we have so much stuff (Netbook which needs its own bin, shoes and jackets in another bin, a carryon each [and, once again, I forgot to remove my quart bags and put them out separately] and a personal item each) [Aside….I wish I was one of those folks who could throw 6 t-shirts and 6 pairs of shorts in a bag and be ready to travel but, alas, I’m not. I have lists. I have things that come with me with now include the aforementioned Netbook but also the Nook, beauty products, etc. etc.] In any case, we got ourselves put back together on the other side of security and headed to our gate. The plane was already there.

While waiting to board, we learned that Osama bin Laden had been killed. Suprisingly, this had little to no impact on our travel or the tenor of security oj this day.

Boarding began promptly at 5:30. We found our seats, got settled in and have now been in the air for 20 minutes or so. They’ve announced the flight will be 2 hours and 33 minutes.

This trip was booked about 7 months ago. We’ll be staying in a one-bedroom Savannah View room at Jambo House. This will be Gene’s first DVC stay (I took a trip in February with our daughter so I’ve already had my first DVC stay). He has not had a vacation since we went to Disney last August. To say that he’s looking forward to it would be an understatement.

More to come…..

CanadianWDWFan
05-13-2011, 09:11 PM
Glad your time at the airport went smoothly. I sure do hope that Gene enjoys his first DVC stay. I can remember our first DVC stay and how much we enjoyed it.

I can't wait to hear how Citrico's went.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-13-2011, 09:17 PM
Sounds like a pretty good start

mouseketeer mom
05-13-2011, 09:44 PM
I like the name of your report!!
Agreed, I too, wish I could be a light packer. I am far from it. I like all my choices!!!
I am looking forward to reading more, I always like your reports as well!

KylesMom
05-14-2011, 12:15 AM
Yay, you're on board, nothing has gone amiss & the fun is about to begin.

Wow, the time that you've been gone has really passed by quickly, Linda. I hope it went slower for Gene and yourself while you were away! Looking forward to all the tips & tidbits you always pass along!

We missed you here on the Trip Report boards! :mickey:

MinnieMommie
05-14-2011, 06:53 AM
I am so excited for you! I have to admit I so relate to not being able to sleep the night before our morning flights. My family jokes that I pull "all nighters" before each trip. I love Jambo House Savannah View and hope you do to. Look forward to reading more! :mickey:

vizsla
05-14-2011, 07:53 AM
Thanks for the report.

slegrant
05-14-2011, 08:48 AM
Sounds like a great start. Looking forward to reading more:mickey:

disneymom15
05-14-2011, 09:22 AM
Nice report. Can't wait to read more.

wildernesslady
05-14-2011, 12:57 PM
I always enjoy your reports. Hope you had a great time.

DisneyorBust
05-14-2011, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the report! Except for the relatively sleepless night, it sounds like the two of you are off to a great start. Looking forward to your next report!

RedSoxFan
05-15-2011, 08:11 AM
Good start --- off to read more.:mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
05-15-2011, 09:54 AM
I love Linda reports! A smooth start for you, despite the sensational news. I am looking forward to hearing about your stay at Jambo House.

yjgirl32
05-16-2011, 08:09 AM
I too am not one of those people who can throw in clothes and be ready to go. Great start to hopefully a wonderful vacation.

princessgirls
05-16-2011, 10:22 AM
Linda,

Excited to see your reports this morning!!

Your in good company here...not a light packer. I need my "products" and like to have choices of clothes!!!

Glad airport was smooth!

Julie:mickey:

BelleKP
05-16-2011, 01:55 PM
Sounds like a good start . . . and I know what you mean with the packing. Especially since becoming a mom . . . I need to be prepared for anything!
Looking forward to the rest of the report!

minnie-mouse
05-17-2011, 10:09 AM
How was the weather for early May? We are considering that time next year and are worried about it being too hot and humid for our little ones.

lettripp
05-17-2011, 10:32 AM
I always enjoy reading your trip reports!! :-)

Glad it started well (as early as it may have been) and I look forward to hearing about the rest of your trip :mickey:

faline
05-17-2011, 11:14 AM
How was the weather for early May? We are considering that time next year and are worried about it being too hot and humid for our little ones.

Weather for this trip was practically perfect in every way. The trip started with sunny days and low humidity - perfect combination for someone coming from New England where highs have been in the 60s (at best)! We had one day with some rain but it barely affected us. The humidity was creeping up towards the end of the trip and they were even talking about record breaking temperatures (for Florida!) but we were used to the warmer temperatures by then and even the increased humidity was not as bad as it is later in the year.

Suz36
05-17-2011, 11:25 PM
Smooth start! I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip!

DizNee143
05-18-2011, 11:47 AM
sounds like a nice start to your vacation! cant wait to read more about it :mickey:

pdrlkr
05-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

brian2000boston
06-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Cant sleep so catching up on some of these trip reports, have to say i am excited to get this one started. looks like you have lots of days to read about :) Great start.

Dsnygirl
06-25-2011, 04:08 AM
Just catching up on your trip report... sounds like a nice start, albeit an early one!! Yawn! Looking forward to reading about your arrival, and what Gene thinks of DVC... :)

darthmacho
06-27-2011, 05:45 AM
I can't wait to read all about your Savannah view! :squirrel:

buzznwoodysmom
06-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.

January-2007
07-19-2011, 10:06 PM
Thanks for reporting.

Jennifer_and_Chris
07-20-2011, 08:54 AM
cant wait to read on! Love savannah views!!! But, we've only stayed at Kidani.

gauvin4
07-20-2011, 01:07 PM
:mickey: