PDA

View Full Version : CBR pirate rooms help?

disneymomma2010
05-13-2011, 08:25 PM
We have the cbr booked for october(never stayed there) and I was thinking about switching to a pirate room. My boys will be 8 and they love pirates. But I read on another site that the pirate beds only have a box spring and a 4" pillow top. Are they uncomfortable? Its very important to my husband that we have comfortable beds. When we stayed at pop he hated the beds and will not stay at a value again. I actually did not enjoy sharing a full size bed with my husband in the pop and por and considered changing to a moderate that has queens. Help! Whats your experience?

I LoveJack
05-13-2011, 10:46 PM
The beds are cool looking, but are probably standard size. I usually stay at Pop and don't mind the feel of the beds there. But if you are looking for a queen size because instead of a full, I would recommend one of the Port Orleans. The French Quarter just got new queen beds when they remodeled and they should be doing Riverside now. Or Wilderness Lodge has queen beds that are not much higher in price. Hope this helps.

kakn7294
05-13-2011, 11:36 PM
We stayed in a Pirate room in January. The beds are doubles, not queens. As far as comfort, I really can't say because I don't sleep well in a bed anyway but I thought they were ok. It was just a mattress on the bed platform - no box spring that I recall. Room theming is totally cool though!

Edit - I just checked with the rest of the family. They all thought the beds were fine but they also thought the beds at Pop were fine 2 years ago.

KylesMom
05-14-2011, 12:25 AM
I actually did not enjoy sharing a full size bed with my husband in the pop and por and considered changing to a moderate that has queens. Help! Whats your experience?
I have heard from many guests who love the pirate-themed rooms. However, these still are double beds - similar to the ones that you stayed in at POP! and POR.

If you and DH aren't comfortable in a double bed, you may want to reconsider on the Pirate rooms. DH and I switched accommodations 6 years ago because neither one of us were getting a decent nights' sleep in the double beds (DH is 6'5.5 & we sleep in a CA King at home). Once we moved to accommodations with a Queen, we've had the time of our lives each vacation! Some may say that sleep is over-rated, but I disagree - especially at Disney! :mickey:

Without a good nights' sleep, we've found that it's a lot harder to tour!

disneymomma2010
05-14-2011, 12:27 AM
The beds are cool looking, but are probably standard size. I usually stay at Pop and don't mind the feel of the beds there. But if you are looking for a queen size because instead of a full, I would recommend one of the Port Orleans. The French Quarter just got new queen beds when they remodeled and they should be doing Riverside now. Or Wilderness Lodge has queen beds that are not much higher in price. Hope this helps.

I would love to stay at the wilderness lodge, or animal kingdom but they are out of our budget right now. We really really loved por and would go again but I just wanted a new experience but im so indecisive who knows, I might change to pofq or csr! Is it normal to change resorts after you book?

disneymomma2010
05-14-2011, 12:33 AM
If you and DH aren't comfortable in a double bed, you may want to reconsider on the Pirate rooms. DH and I switched accommodations 6 years ago because neither one of us were getting a decent nights' sleep in the double beds (DH is 6'5.5 & we sleep in a CA King at home). Once we moved to accommodations with a Queen, we've had the time of our lives each vacation! Some may say that sleep is over-rated, but I disagree - especially at Disney! :mickey:

Without a good nights' sleep, we've found that it's a lot harder to tour!

We have a california king also! When im so wore out from the parks all day I dont want to toss and turn, I want sleep! The pictures of the beds at csr look very comfortable. :blush:

buzznwoodysmom
05-14-2011, 09:23 AM
We've stayed in a pirate room at CBR twice now and no one complained about the beds. On our first stay it was myself, my two sons, my mom, then my SIL and my two nephews in another room. On the second trip it was myself, DH, and my two sons. The beds are indeed double, so if you need a queen bed CBR may not be for you. However, my son's love pirates, even more so when we stayed at CBR when they were a few years younger, and I wouldn't trade that experience they got for anything. They adored the room, its their favorite resort pool on property, and they really enjoyed the pirate theme that's all over the resort. They even did the pirate adventure cruise from the resort one day. Just recently I asked them if they were allowed to pick a resort for a summer trip what would they pick. Without hesitation they both picked CBR. Maybe you could do a split stay, do a few nights at PO for the queen beds, and end the trip with a surprise stay in the pirate rooms for a few nights, giving you guys a day off from the parks to just enjoy the resort. Your boys would love the pool. Good luck!

debbymc4
05-15-2011, 08:22 PM
We just returned from a pirate room stay. The beds were terrible...exactly how you describe with some sort of foam thing on top. My son, who is two and a half, LOVED the theme. I mean, really loved it. But, the beds stunk.