PDA

View Full Version : Avoiding Spring break?

Simba 1
05-12-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm looking to plan a trip for DH, myself, and three DDs next spring. The oldest DD will be in 2nd grade and I don't mind pulling her out of school. I was thinking of sometime in March, and I prefer to avoid the spring break crowd. I would also be willing to plan in Feb or April, but I thought those times might also be very crowded with winter break in Feb and Easter in April. We need to finish our trip by May 1st (season pass expires). Any advice on best week to go in Spring 2012? I'm looking for the lowest crowds.

Thanks!
:mickey:

Strmchsr
05-13-2011, 07:59 AM
Low crowds don't really seem to exist anymore. Because school systems all over the country have spring break at different times it's impossible to avoid the crowds all together. My best advice is just avoid the weeks surrounding Easter. Other than that, one week is about as good as another between President's Day and early May.

crazygoalie39
05-13-2011, 10:03 PM
I would think the week before or after president's day or the first full week of march would probably be your best bet.

the other micki
05-14-2011, 12:58 AM
Easter is in early April next year. I would plan a trip for the last week in April. It's far enough away from Easter and most spring breaks are over by then. We have gone at this time before and the crowds were low to moderate. My next choice would be the first week in March. Happy planning! :mickey:

faline
05-14-2011, 04:42 PM
I would think the week before or after president's day or the first full week of march would probably be your best bet.

The week before Presidents' day typically isn't too bad but crowds do tick up as you get closer to the holiday. The week in which Presidents' day falls is one of the busiest and I would definitely avoid that week. The week following that is a bit better but I know that New Hampshire schools are typically on break in that week.