PDA

View Full Version : Things to do after parks close

dyin tago
05-12-2011, 09:59 AM
hi,

wife and I are both 50 and have been to the world 6 or 7 times and always stay a week or more and have a blast!

we stay on site with a car at the value resorts.

we are looking for ideas on things to do in the evenings after the parks close.

we have done downtown disney,old town,I drive and wandered the resorts endlessly.

Tygger7
05-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Have you done the Boardwalk at night? Great atmosphere and entertainment.

Ms. Mode
05-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Ms. Mode is also 50 years old and she finds that SLEEP is what she needs after the parks close. :blush:

EJS-Houston
05-12-2011, 11:01 AM
I'm a big fan of late night Magic Hours in the parks. While we're there this November, I've earmarked one night when EPCOT is open 'til midnight, and another when The Magic Kingdom is open 'til 1 a.m. for Disney Hotel Guests only. LOVE it!

disneymom15
05-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Ms. Mode is also 50 years old and she finds that SLEEP is what she needs after the parks close. :blush:

Disneymom15 is 51, couldn't agree with you more!

BrerGnat
05-12-2011, 12:45 PM
You could always go to Downtown Disney and catch a movie at the theater there.

Or, bring a book and actually spend some time unwinding on vacation at night. ;)

NJGIRL
05-12-2011, 12:51 PM
There are all kinds of dinner shows in the WDW area. They range from pirates and knights to murder mysteries. Take a look at info central for a few reviews from our members.

I personally would recommend City Walk at Universal. They have many restaurants and clubs. I feel it is better than DTD.

steamboat willy
05-13-2011, 09:11 AM
What to do at night after The Parks have closed. We always enjoy.....

How about strolling down the Festive Streets of Pleasure Island, popping in the Adventures Club. You can become an active member after reciting the "Pledge" and sip on a really great AC drink. Kongaloosh...

OH....never mind that ones now closed. :(

How about catching the "Moonlight Cruise" from the docks of Poly or Contemporary. You'll ride aboard an authentic steam driven paddle wheeler on the waters of Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon while sipping on a cool drink prepared from the on-board bar. You can snuggle up to the side rail and watch the Electrical Water Parade's last show from the beautiful and calm DISNEY waters.

OH....never mind, they don't have that neat boat anymore. :(

Sorry about those two, I just hate they are gone.

How about catching a night time ride up into the sky's over Downtown Disney in the Characters In Flight Balloon. I think it fly's until 12:00 midnight.

Hop on the elevator at the Contemporary Resort and drop in the California Grill for a drink,:marg: take a stroll out onto the observation deck on top of the world and watch the night lights of the Magic Kingdom it really makes for a great end to a great day.

We also enjoy a late night dip in the pool after a full day in The Parks. The waters refreshing, the pools are not crowded and its so relaxing before turning in for the night. :thumbsup:

ENJOY! :cool:

faline
05-13-2011, 02:27 PM
How about catching the "Moonlight Cruise" from the docks of Poly or Contemporary. You'll ride aboard an authentic steam driven paddle wheeler on the waters of Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon while sipping on a cool drink prepared from the on-board bar. You can snuggle up to the side rail and watch the Electrical Water Parade's last show from the beautiful and calm DISNEY waters.

OH....never mind, they don't have that neat boat anymore. :(

Wow! It's been years since they offered that! I seem to recall it cost 50 cents or something equally ridiculous and you had to finish your drink before you could the boat!

We enjoy hanging out at our resort - for that reason, we like to have a room with a balcony.

Have you gone to the movie theater at Downtown Disney? Seen Cirque?

steamboat willy
05-13-2011, 05:54 PM
Wow! It's been years since they offered that! I seem to recall it cost 50 cents or something equally ridiculous and you had to finish your drink before you could the boat!

I think it was actually $2.50 (I think I still have some MC tickets) and drinks were probably $1.75. "Steamboat Willy" was a then mere 20 year old asking you to finish your drinks OR stay on the "Ports O Call" for another Cruise at NO Charge.
Man, the good olde days with ONLY one Park.
:sail:

DAWS
05-13-2011, 06:11 PM
My absolute FAVORITE thing to do after hours is go to Jelly Rolls! :thumbsup:

Disney-4-Me
05-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Walking the grounds at the Polynesian under the tiki torches.

Late night swims.

Having a cocktail at the Wave in the Contemporary.