PDA

View Full Version : Case of Water

cer
05-11-2011, 10:52 PM
I would like to have a case of water for our trip in June. We are flying, so bringing it with us is not an option. We are also using ME, so a stop at a store is also not an option. :(

What is the least expensive way to make this happen?

Thanks for the advice.

DizneyRox
05-12-2011, 01:17 AM
Just water? A grocery delivery would be expensive, since many have a minimum, which is more than a case of water.

You could head over to Fort wilderness and pick up a couple of gallons and refill bottles. Otherwise you're probably looking at going with a taxi for the cheapest/quickest way. Using Disney transportation to Downtown Disney and walking to a store that sells the whole case at a reasonable price would be time prohibitive. I'd guess you're looking at like 4 hours of waiting and walking.

Cinderelley
05-12-2011, 02:10 AM
I suggest shipping it down to the resort. I did that with my kids' light sabers one year for Star Wars Weekend. It was very easy to pick the package up at the check-in counter. They even made it even easier to ship them back home. Although I am sure you won't be shipping water back home. ;)

Mickey'sGirl
05-12-2011, 08:35 AM
We always bring our own refillable water bottles, and but gallons of water to fill them with. You can easily get gallons of water at the resort shops. As suggested above, this might be an option for you.

cer
05-12-2011, 10:20 AM
We always bring our own refillable water bottles, and but gallons of water to fill them with. You can easily get gallons of water at the resort shops. As suggested above, this might be an option for you.

I think this is the solution I was looking for. I did not realize they sold water by the gallon at the resorts.

Thank you all. :)

Basket Mommy
05-12-2011, 02:20 PM
We used to buy a 24-pack of water at Publix when we did our shopping trip, but we ended up just refilling the bottles in the parks during the day anyway. We *always* had water left over at the end of our stay! This time we bought 2 refillable bottles. We put tap water in them at night and refrigerated them, then refilled them at the water fountains in the parks during the day. The bottles did cost more than a 24-pack of water, but eventually they'll pay for themselves. To me the tap water doesn't taste any different than bottled water.

joonyer
05-12-2011, 02:44 PM
. . . . To me the tap water doesn't taste any different than bottled water.

That's because almost all bottled water IS tap water. Filtered, maybe, but still municipal tap water.

Mickey'sGirl
05-12-2011, 02:55 PM
We refill from the water fountains at the parks too ... and ask for ice at QS locations to make it even colder! :thumbsup:

DAWS
05-12-2011, 03:15 PM
We ALWAYS do this. We order water and snacks from Costco.com. If memory servers a case of warter is around $6 and the shipping is FREE!

I talked to the Pop Centrury Resort a few days ago about how long they will hold items and she said there was no hard rule but up to a month was the general answer.

Be sure to list the name on the reservation and your arrival date. :thumbsup:

alaMode
05-12-2011, 07:11 PM
We just sent ourselves a case of water from Costco.com ($7 shipped). I ordered it on Saturday, it arrived on Wednesday, and we checked in on Friday. Bell Services brough it to our room right after we checked in.

It was great to have and between the 3 of us we drank it all in 3 days! (It was super hot last weekend!)

I'll definitely do this again when we go in October.

cer
05-12-2011, 11:04 PM
We just sent ourselves a case of water from Costco.com ($7 shipped). I ordered it on Saturday, it arrived on Wednesday, and we checked in on Friday. Bell Services brough it to our room right after we checked in.

It was great to have and between the 3 of us we drank it all in 3 days! (It was super hot last weekend!)

I'll definitely do this again when we go in October.

Do you have to be a member of Costco to do this? And do you know if there is a minimum amount you have to order?

Basket Mommy
05-13-2011, 09:23 AM
That's because almost all bottled water IS tap water. Filtered, maybe, but still municipal tap water.

I know. I hate paying for bottled water for that reason!

alaMode
05-13-2011, 10:09 AM
and I think you do need to be a member...but the nice thing is there's no minimum order. My whole order was $7.

DisneyTopper
05-13-2011, 03:06 PM
and I think you do need to be a member...but the nice thing is there's no minimum order. My whole order was $7.

This is GREAT information. I have been trying to figure out a way to have our own bottled water.

gaffz70
06-03-2011, 11:13 AM
We do not have a costco membership so we ordered a case from Staples, including delivery, it was $10

alaMode
06-03-2011, 03:11 PM
when they had free shipping for teachers. I'm not sure if they still do that, but it was easy to order and the water arrived on time!

DisneyFr33k
06-05-2011, 08:30 AM
I love the idea of ordering it and having it shipped as posted above.

Another option our family could do is pack a case in a smaller suitcase, wrapped in towels and check it at the airport. We've done this with a 6 pack of water bottles that have the flip lids on top (you know, the really big ones). They made it through fine in our luggage. We brought one with us each day at the park, refilling it throughout the day, then recycling it. Made more space for us to bring back souvieners!

sainter
06-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Do you have to be a member of Costco to do this? And do you know if there is a minimum amount you have to order?

You do NOT need to be a member of Costco to order. They will add a nonmember surcharge which is about 30 cents on a $7 order.

One odd thing though. When we had water sent to POR bell services brought it to our room no problem. They would not deliver it to the room at POP, we had to go to the main building and carry it back. Also, at CSR there is a handling charge just to accept the delivery so I decided was just too much to make it worth it- $10 r $20?

alaMode
06-08-2011, 08:01 PM
We got charged for pick-up when we stayed at the contemporary last summer-I think it was $10 and it came as a total surprise to me! I also had to go to a special area to pick it up-I think it was the receiving area for the convention center (adjacent to the hotel). If I stayed there again I might rethink my strategy!

sainter
06-10-2011, 12:19 AM
We got charged for pick-up when we stayed at the contemporary last summer-I think it was $10 and it came as a total surprise to me! I also had to go to a special area to pick it up-I think it was the receiving area for the convention center (adjacent to the hotel). If I stayed there again I might rethink my strategy!

Since this happened at CSR for us and Contemporary for you, I am guessing this a fee because these are convention resorts. So the Boardwalk may have this too...

Flower
06-12-2011, 11:13 AM
We order ours thru Garden Grocer and it is fabulous! We prefer to eat breakfast in the room so I will often place a grocery order for water, pop, cereal, fruit, milk (especially with 2 kids on previous trips), I will even have the kids diapers and baby food delivered so I don't have to pack all of that in our luggage. If our stuff arrives at the resort before we do, Disney has a refridgerated section for parishables. We have been very happy with their service in the past! I think they charge $12 and if your order is over $200 it is free. Obviously a $12 delivery fee is high for just a case of water, but other items could justify the grovery service.

tdk316
06-15-2011, 03:38 PM
Since this happened at CSR for us and Contemporary for you, I am guessing this a fee because these are convention resorts. So the Boardwalk may have this too...

If the resort has a convention center you'll get popped with the $10/package fee. We didn't get a fee for the water when we stayed at BW this last December, but pay it every time at BLT.

LisaP
06-21-2011, 11:13 AM
We brought our Polar insulated water bottles and filled them each am with ice from hotel vending, tap water and brought our drink mix packets (lemonade, iced tea, etc). I LOVE these Polar insulated bottles! They are so thick and really hold the cold temp for a long period. They barely sweat. Tossed a trashbag full of travel cups, reusable water bottles, etc after trying Polar. Check them out! :thumbsup: