PDA

View Full Version : How far in advance do they assign your rooms?

AmandaChan
05-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Would it be too forward of me to call a few days in advance and ask which room we're staying in and ask if all our preferences were met? (we want a particular bldg, close to family's, etc)

BrerGnat
05-11-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm fairly certain they won't give you that information over the phone. Just make your requests known, and when you check in, verify that they were (or were not) met. You can change stuff up room wise if your requests were not met.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-11-2011, 07:54 PM
There is quite a bit of debate about when your room is actually assigned.

If all of your requests are on your reservation, they will do their best to meet as many as they can. When you actually check in, if the room isn't what you want, you can ask if they can find another one that suits you better.

Strmchsr
05-11-2011, 08:30 PM
In general, they assign rooms 2-3 days out. That is not always the case (which is why the debate noted above), but in general that's the way it works. But, Natalie is quite correct that they won't give you that info over the phone as they have no way to prove it's really you. Plus, if they did it over the phone they would have tons of people calling them to check on rooms and request changes which would create mass chaos.

AmandaChan
05-11-2011, 09:36 PM
thanks all! was just curious if anyone actually called, I can definitely see where the would create chaos

Joeybun
05-11-2011, 09:45 PM
I actually called POFQ a few years back and asked about my room assignments. They would not give me the specific room numbers but they did give me the building numbers and told me I was in a corner room on the river. If memory serves correctly, I called the day before we arrived.

I was happy! :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
05-16-2011, 01:26 PM
It was always my understanding that the rooms were assigned a couple of days before you arrive. I always tell people to make clear all your room requests when you book so there's never any question when you arrive :mickey:

Figaro
05-17-2011, 01:18 AM
In general, they assign rooms 2-3 days out. That is not always the case (which is why the debate noted above), but in general that's the way it works. But, Natalie is quite correct that they won't give you that info over the phone as they have no way to prove it's really you. Plus, if they did it over the phone they would have tons of people calling them to check on rooms and request changes which would create mass chaos.

That's about right. My roommate worked at PY front desk. She used to do room assign. It's done sometimes the morning of, or a day or two out.

minnie-mouse
05-17-2011, 10:55 AM
I fax a room request to the hotel 3 day before my arrival and almost always get what I ask for.