PDA

View Full Version : Counter "Quick" Service Anyone?

steamboat willy
05-11-2011, 04:10 PM
I know at the Magic Kingdom, our choices are a bit limited with Casey's, Pecos Bills and Cosmic Rays but our choices outside the MK only get better.

Yak & Yati QS, Wolfgang Pucks QS and Earl of Sandwich to name a few.

What are some your other suggestions and why at the theme parks, resorts and beyond?

We are looking at getting the best bang/choice for our buck!

134 days and counting down

DisneyMom12
05-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Columbia Harbor House in MK is great.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Flame Tree BBQ in AK is awesome and so is Starring Rolls in DHS-they have gourment sandwiches and pastries...we also like fishnchips from the UK in Epcot

Ms. Mode
05-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Main Street Bakery @ MK is great! Fresh sandwiches for something a little different...loved it. :thumbsup:

Melanie
05-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Flame Tree BBQ in AK is awesome and so is Starring Rolls in DHS-they have gourment sandwiches and pastries...we also like fishnchips from the UK in Epcot

These are 3 of our favorite places. Can't beat the food and view at Flame Tree. Breakfast at Starring Rolls is one of our favorite treats, and UK Fish and Chips...yum!

brownie
05-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Backlot Express at Disney's Hollywood Studios, Sunshine Seasons at Epcot, Electric Umbrella at Epcot, and the food courts at Pop Century and All-Star Movies are favorites of ours.

disneymom15
05-11-2011, 05:32 PM
We like Sunshine Seasons at Epcot, Columbia Harbor House at MK, Wolfgang Puck Express & Earl of Sandwich at DTD.

SBETigg
05-11-2011, 06:29 PM
In Epcot, I'm more a fan of grabbing a bite at WS, but I have to agree that Sunshine Seasons is a good TS with lots of great options. Epcot has so many great choices.

Trying counter service at resorts is always fun if you want some new options. I love the Poly's Captain Cook's and the GF's Gasparilla Grill.

Disney-4-Me
05-11-2011, 06:59 PM
The Columbia Harbour House is one of our faves at the Magic Kingdom.

We almost always eat at the Sunshine food court at EPCOT unless we are there during the Wine and Food Festival during which we snack our way around the world. We also like to snack in the World Showcase and share so we get to try more things.

Flame Tree BBQ is our regular place to eat at AK.

At Disney Studios we eat wherever we are when we get hungry.

Jillirose
05-11-2011, 08:55 PM
If you're at Epcot, Hurrican Hannah's at BC is just a short walk :)

PrettyMinnie
05-11-2011, 09:23 PM
I agree with everyone else on Columbia Harbour House, Flame Tree BBQ, Sunshine Seasons and Starring Rolls Cafe. We have always had great meals and many options at these places. You mentioned resorts so I am going to add the Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary. The have a lot of different offerings that are very tasty and it's only a short walk from MK. It's a nice change of pace from the crowded parks.

AmandaChan
05-13-2011, 12:46 AM
speaking of best bang for your buck marrakesh (qs at morocco) has great food in great quantities for the $$. dh and I always go there.

and harbor house is one of our favorites. I think it has a lot to do with our experience, when we went we had lunch a lot earlier than everyone else and we sat upstairs alone and it was really peaceful and nice!

ransam
05-13-2011, 01:14 AM
The pinochio village is pretty cool. food is basic....howeve it's fun to watch small world.

Rosemickey68
05-13-2011, 03:51 PM
Epcot- World Showcase
Tangierine Café in Morroco -great food, good portions, good price
La Cantina de San Angel in Mexico-all I can say is yummy Empanadas de Queso and the churros were awesome!!!
Yakitori House- boys really liked the sushi, the amount of food, and the price

Epcot-Future world
Sunshine Seasons Food Court- good food, good variety...nice that everyone can pick what they want from the multiple choices and sit at the same table...everyone is happy!!!

AK
Yak & Yeti- decent food, decent prices, good amount.
Flame Tree BBQ- Yummy....Yummy....Yummy, we're from Texas....we like our BBQ!

MK
Cosmic Rays- good prices, a variety of choices, decent food
Pecos Bill- good food
Columbia House- heard it was good and had great atmosphere.....just haven't tried it yet.

DHS- gave Pizza Planet another chance in January....it was pretty good and kids seemed to like it, just don't expect a NY Pizza! Pretty much all the counter service here serves burgers/hot dogs/ etc....personally I think they all taste the same no matter where you get them.... so you could pick any of the CS places here. We basically eat where we are when we're hungry at this park.
I heard Studio Catering Company and Fairfax Fare are good, we just haven't tried them.

Pop Century- The food court has pretty good food and alot of choices, even though it is always busy....the lines move very quick and efficiently here.

Okay, now I'm hungry and want to go eat at WDW!!!! :eat:

disneymomma2010
05-13-2011, 07:09 PM
Columbia Harbor House in MK is great.

:number1: we fell in love with columbia harbor house during our last trip, we ate there twice!

merlinmagic4
05-13-2011, 08:45 PM
Columbia Harbor House at MK is one of two "must-do"s for us (the other being Chef Mickey's). It is my favorite and I never miss it on a trip!!

KatrinaJ91
05-15-2011, 05:29 PM
MK - Casey's hot dogs are great! We also like Pecos Bills and tacos at the Pirates place.

Studios - Backlot Express is our usual pick...Table service is great there, but QS is a little lacking

AK - Definitely Flametree!

Epcot - Sunshine Terrace is really good. However....any QS in WS is awesome! We love to share QS meals all around the countries so we can sample a bunch of different foods!!

KatrinaJ91
05-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Forgot about outside the parks...

Downtown has some really great options with Wolfgang Pucks and Earle of Sandwich.

Several resorts have wonderful food courts...we love POR!

There are so many great QS places around the World...I am getting hungry now!!
:blush: