PDA

View Full Version : Dine In Theater at DTD 24 Cinema

Ramblingman
05-11-2011, 01:31 PM
AMC Theaters has announced they are opening dine in theater screens at the AMC Downtown Disney 24.

There will be both casual dining and premium dining available and yes, you can make advance reservations.

I believe it will be available on 6 screens. It opens May 16th.

From the link, features include

- Diverse menu featuring appetizers, entrees & desserts
- Full bar featuring beer, wine & cocktails*
- Upgraded seats in a big-screen theatre
- Advance reserved seating
- Seat-side service
- Personal call button
- Guests are over the age of 18 or accompanied by an adult

Read more about it here (http://www.amctheatres.com/dinein/)

We are going to be there that first weekend and were already planning on catching Pirates 4 at DTD. Now we have our choice of catching it in regular 2D, 3D, ETX or possibly in a Dine In Theater.

I will be sure to include a review in my trip report.

Sunshine1010
05-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Do you still eat in your chair...or at a table of some sort?

How and where do you make reservations?

DAWS
05-11-2011, 03:51 PM
This sounds like so much fun! Can't wait to try it.

Disney-4-Me
05-11-2011, 06:40 PM
I assume that this theater will be more expensive than a non-dining theater. I also assume there will be a two layered ticket price, one for the casual and one for the more luxurious recliner seating area. Any idea how much?

Ramblingman
05-11-2011, 09:52 PM
The pictures at the link show tables for the casual and recliners with small tables between them for the premium. Not sure about the pricing, went to the website for the one in Atlanta and it did not say it was a different price.

There is a sample menu on the Disney one that shows it's fairly decent pricing and a great variety. Plus they have a good selection of wines and drinks.

I called last night and spoke to someone at the DTD 24. He said they have not informed them yet if Pirates will be shown on one of the dine in screens but they are all looking forward to it opening.

I'll look into it when we are there and list it in my trip report.

Ramblingman
05-18-2011, 12:21 PM
And it's officially open and they are showing both the 2D and 3D versions of Pirates this weekend.

artyboy
05-22-2011, 03:35 PM
We're planning to try this when we're there...and that'll be in 8 days!!!:mickey:

KatieDuck22
05-23-2011, 11:24 AM
that sounds awesome!!

tmz814
05-23-2011, 10:48 PM
We have one of these theater by me in NJ. It's pretty neat and the food is good too. I've only tried the "cinema suites" theaters (which are the fancier 21+ theaters) so I will have to check out the fork & screen theaters when I am in disney. :mickey:

Ramblingman
06-14-2011, 01:05 PM
I can report that the Fork & Screen theater at DTD is great. The food is delicious, the drinks are wonderful, and the service is top notch.

Tickets are $5 more than a normal ticket. You can sit in the lobby while waiting for your movie to begin seating, and have drinks from MacGuffin's. The server will come to your area and take your order. Everyone will need an ID if you are drinking alcohol. Prices are very decent considering where you are.

In the theater, you sit in a large seat that feels like a recliner. There are 4 seats per group in a row. This confused the girl I purchased the tickets from to no end, because we had 5 people. She kept telling me that they only have 4 seats in a row. I said that's fine, but I want 5 tickets. We wound up sitting two in one row and 3 in the row behind us.

In front of your seat is a counter large enough to hold your food. There is a raised part in front with a light mounted underneath so you have enough illumination to see your food but it does not blind you.

Prices are reasonable and the menu is varied enough to please most anyone. My vegetarian daughter found enough for her to eat as well.

We had chicken tenders, nachos, and crab rangoon among our choices. Everything was wonderful and we loved it.

I highly recommend eating here. We were lucky enough to catch Pirates 4 here opening week (it was opening week both for Pirates and the dine in theater). It is now part of our Disney memories from our trip.

goofysbabe
06-14-2011, 02:08 PM
We used to have a cozy little theater in Indy where you could watch a movie and have dinner and drinks - loved it. Sad to say it went out of business, I'm thinking the city had something to do with it since it was located near Union Station. Pricing was a bit higher but not too bad. I say everyone should go and give it a try you just might be suprised!

artyboy
06-20-2011, 06:50 PM
We used to have a cozy little theater in Indy where you could watch a movie and have dinner and drinks - loved it. Sad to say it went out of business, I'm thinking the city had something to do with it since it was located near Union Station. Pricing was a bit higher but not too bad. I say everyone should go and give it a try you just might be suprised!

That was Hollywood Bar and Filmworks...I used to love going there when we lived in Indy (I worked as a window dresser for Ayres downtown). I didn't know it was gone...how sad!