PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to the 50's Prime Time cafe lately?

AmandaChan
05-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Anyone been lately?? Any reviews?

mouseketeer mom
05-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Yes. Twice in the past 6 months. The most recent was 2 wks ago.
Our first experience was awesome!! Our server was terrific, full of antics that involved my kids. It was a laugh a minute. And the food was terrific.
Our last experience gave us a dud of a server. She wasn't playful at all, and we were shoved in the back in a far corner. Very boring. Food was still very good though. We adore the PB and J milkshake!!

Christine
05-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Yep it's all heavily dependent on the "cousin"

The fried chicken is still the best!!!

But they did away with the Boston cream cupcake :(
Now it's a parfait.

I miss that cupcake! :blush:

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Yep, we were there during our January trip and it was great.

Food is still good, and we had the most fun we've ever had with our "cousin".

darthmacho
05-11-2011, 02:35 PM
We went last August and weren't terribly impressed. Our "cousin" was a bit of a dud too, and I thought the food selection wasn't the best, that is, the down-home cooking was a bit heavy for lunch on a 95 degree day...

I'm fairly positive that if you like that type of food, and you get a good CM, you'd have a great time. It was probably just the circumstances for us.

firefan43
05-11-2011, 05:23 PM
We decided to try it out after hearing some decent reviews. The service was horrible and our food was not very good. I was hugely disappointed. My wife got the chicken and it came to her cold. There are so many great restaraunts at Disney, this was not a good experience for us, so its now off our list. :(

AllDisney
05-11-2011, 07:34 PM
We were there this past December & loved the CM she was catching us ALL the time with our elbows on the table.

Food was very good. I got the pot roast and DH got meat loaf. We will be going back on our next trip:thumbsup:

Pop Centurion
05-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Our last experience gave us a dud of a server. She wasn't playful at all, and we were shoved in the back in a far corner. Very boring. Food was still very good though.Sounds exactly like our experience in Sept. That would be funny if it was the same table & "cousin" LOL!

Ramblingman
05-11-2011, 09:32 PM
We've eaten there twice and enjoyed it both times. We will be eating there again in two weeks. We'll be sure to update with a report.

tinksmom02
05-12-2011, 07:22 AM
We were there in December, and it was my best meal of that trip--the fried chicken was to die for! Our aunt wasn't very playful, but we enjoyed watching the other tables interact with their server. Hoping for a better server when we go in November--just booked for a return visit!

And will have to remember the try the PB&J shake this time!!

crltkcagle
05-13-2011, 09:32 PM
We ate there last May and it wasn't all it was hyped up to be. Our server wasn't funny, she didn't do the whole mind your p's and q's thing. The food was ok but the main reason we went there was for the "entertainment" I guess our server was just having a bad day.

jonahbear2006
05-16-2011, 02:56 PM
We went in January and I was disappointed compared the the 2008 trip, when we last ate here. I remember the food being excellent and it was just so so. As a matter of fact, I found the fried chicken to smell similar to hair grease and tasted so greasy and heavy that I would call it gross. The milkshakes are still amazing! The only bonus I saw to eating there was that the waitress happily opted to allow our 4 children to split 2 meals, since it is obvious that our children would never eat that much food.

GBBT
05-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Sounds exactly like our experience in Sept. That would be funny if it was the same table & "cousin" LOL!

Probably was....sounds like the SAME "cousin" we had in Dec.2007 and the SAME table also.:(

GothMickey
05-18-2011, 12:44 PM
I think the "awesomeness" of 50's Prime Time Cafe has worn off. I have been there a few times, but not recently. Your "cousin" absolutely does matter. A dud of a CM will not make the experience worth it, no matter how good the food is. I have found the food to be very good ebery time I ate there. I have lost that "awesome" feeling from this place.

mousetrapper
05-18-2011, 07:45 PM
This is one of those places that doesn't seem to be consistently living up to its potential. It really does depend on the wait staff, IMHO. The first time we went we had an awesome waitress -- my husband's "mom" as it turned out -- and we had a fabulous time. She really made the experience for us. The second time we went we were disappointed -- our "cousin" was fun, but his heart didn't seem to be in it.

We're going to try it again next trip, so fingers crossed we get a good "relative" to serve us!

ransam
05-18-2011, 11:47 PM
The most fun i have ever had at a resturant.

Marcya23
05-19-2011, 09:23 PM
We were there just last week. We had cancelled one of our table service dinners, so decided to pick up a lunch instead and were pleased to get a last minute reservation. Our experience was great. Our CM was a great guy who was the right mix of funny, but not too obnoxious. A perfect fit for our family. I had the fish sandwich- good, not great, but not terrible. DH had a turkey/ham sandwich that he really enjoyed. (my son ate salmon from the kids menu and loved it). Desserts were my favorite of the trip. I had the brownie with whipped cream and ice cream and DH had the s'mores (which I am still thinking about). I don't know how they manage to get it to taste like campfire.... Disney Magic, I guess.
All in all, we were pleased, but I didn't have an opinion either way going in. So maybe that helped!

LudwigVonDrake
05-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Was there last July and it's one of my favorite restaurants :mickey:

DisneyGiant
05-26-2011, 12:53 PM
Ask for Auntie Claire - she is one of the best servers - hands down.

And don't forget - you have to go in there in a playful mood as well.