PDA

View Full Version : Our Honeymoon Marathon Trip – Day 2

Rosanne
05-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Of course, any Disney honeymoon trip has to include the Magic Kingdom and we did not disappoint. We got to the park around 10am and we hit the rides immediately. We went to Pirates :pirate: first (as I always do) and had no wait there. We then got some Splash Mountain Fastpasses and headed over The Haunted Mansion. On the way over we saw the new Frontierland Donald and had one of the coolest character interactions in my 27 Disney-going years.

A bit of an explanation- DH LOVES Donald. It’s his favorite character and we never get to see him outside of the Mexico pavilion. He was going to pass him by, but I made him stop to take a picture. While we were on a hot long line waiting for Donald, we watched and laughed as he kept throwing a little boy’s Mickey Mouse pen down and refused to sign his book with it. When it go to us, the character attendant pointed out DH’s “Chick’s Dig Me” Donald shirt to Donald. Donald started to jump up and down and pointing at it. He proceeded to take DH’s by the hand and walked him up and down the line behind us. He stopped in front of every kid with a Mickey shirt and pointed at DH, giving him fist bumps and high fives. The photopass photographer must’ve taken 20 photos and each of them were equally hysterical. :donald:

Unfortunately HM was down so we headed to the Hall of Presidents. I am loving this attraction since the update. I get very choked up for some reason.

Shortly after, we had a second magical moment. While walking back towards Splash Mountain, a cast member spotted our pins and offered to make a magical moment for us. Of course, we obliged! The cast member took us on our OWN Tom Sawyer Island raft and took us around the lagoon, giving us history and facts about the area. It was awesome and we took a ton of photos (that probably only the two of us will appreciate). :thumbsup:

We finally got to ride Haunted Mansion and we both absolutely LOVED the new queue. We let lots of people go in front of us and played for a long time. I have no idea why people wouldn’t do that before going into the ride. It was a lot of fun and kept us amused.

After lunch at Pecos, we made our way through Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, literally getting the VIP treatment wherever we went. A cast member at Space Mountain took us up to the front so we didn’t have to wait and the same at Buzz. The smile never left my face… not once. :blush:

DH and I thoroughly enjoyed the Main Street Electrical Parade. He had never seen it and I hadn’t seen it since I was a kid. It is a terrific parade. While I love the Spectro music, MSEP has such a variety and whimsical nature. After the parade, we fought our way up Main Street to watch The Magic, The Memories, and You! show. I have to admit, I was extremely skeptical of this show from the outset. However, after seeing it in person, I was blown away. It was truly spectacular and gave me the chills. Also, it was the perfect intermission between the parade and Wishes! Wishes was of course amazing, but a little bittersweet because the honeymoon was LITERALLY over. :( We left for the airport the next morning at 5am.

SBETigg
05-10-2011, 06:11 PM
So cute about your husband and Donald! And how awesome that you got your own raft for Tom Sawyer Island. The Disney magic was in play, and what a shame that it had to end. But I'm sure you'll be back. :thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
05-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Oh my Gosh!! This day just couldn't be any more magical!! Love the Donald story, love it!! So happy your day in the kingdom was so special for you both!!

DizNee143
05-10-2011, 08:32 PM
what at great day at the MK!!:mickey:

yjgirl32
05-11-2011, 08:53 AM
Great report. Thanks for sharing.

KylesMom
05-11-2011, 08:56 AM
It sure sounds like this is a day you will never forget. Love the interaction with Donald & DH, and especially your own private raft tour. Glad too that the HM didn't disappoint - looking forward to seeing this soon.

The best of the best all around today! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Great day and Donald experience:donald:

Rosanne
05-11-2011, 10:06 AM
So cute about your husband and Donald! And how awesome that you got your own raft for Tom Sawyer Island. The Disney magic was in play, and what a shame that it had to end. But I'm sure you'll be back. :thumbsup:

Yes, most definitely! My parents are DVC members and we are trying to convince them to go down in November... I think it's working! DH says it's funny how you don't want to go away with your parents throughout your teenage years, and then you get married and you look for them to take you places again! :funny:

It sure sounds like this is a day you will never forget. Love the interaction with Donald & DH, and especially your own private raft tour. Glad too that the HM didn't disappoint - looking forward to seeing this soon.

The best of the best all around today! :mickey:

No, I most certainly won't forget it. You will love the new HM queue. It's a lot of fun. And the new technology at the end of the ride is awesome. In my opinion, it gave HM a facelift, while keeping the integrity of the ride.

princessgirls
05-11-2011, 10:24 AM
What a wonderful day you two had in the Magic Kingdom!! So magical!!!

I agree, I got choked up the last time I was in the Hall of Presidents. George W. Bush's voice saying "We are America, We will not die" after 9/11 did it for me. Proud American here!!!

That is cool that you would like to go back with your parents...that must mean you have made some very good memories of Disney World with your parents. I hope my girls would want to go back with us after they are married too!!

Again, Congratulations! A truly magical start to your marriage!

Julie:mickey:

BrerGnat
05-11-2011, 12:21 PM
What an amazing day! I love the Donald Duck story too. Donald is my DH's favorite too, and it's so hard to find him!

Congratulations again, and thanks for sharing your Disney portion of your honeymoon with us. Hope you have many future Disney trips that are just as fun!

Rosanne
05-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Thank you Natalie! It shouldn't be so hard to find Donald! Even this Donald was in his "Frontierland" costume, I wish we could find classic Donald one of these days...
Not complaining though! What a great experience!

emerzmom
05-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Thanks for sharing. I wish you a Happily Ever After! :mickey:

SBETigg
05-11-2011, 06:03 PM
What an amazing day! I love the Donald Duck story too. Donald is my DH's favorite too, and it's so hard to find him!

Donald is also my husband's favorite. We found him in traditional garb at Disney Hollywood Studios, near the hat. I don't think he makes regular appearances there, but it's great when you catch him. Also maybe at the Epcot meet and greet place in FW, instead of at the Mexico pavilion? He really appeals to the guys, apparently.

faline
05-13-2011, 08:03 PM
A truly magical day from start to finish! You certainly created lots of memories this day! I'm sure you'll be reliving them for many years to come!